Cat's Ep82 Starbo Thread - Now Forged & Sequential!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx mate im trying to keep it at a high level saying that

i have had my first disgruntled customer .

a case of taking an order a few days before crimbo.

when not in stock and getting dicked about by crimbo post/oil lines manufacturer ended up in a refund two and a half weeks later and a disgruntled customer

hate that feeling, hopefully never again.

I'm quite a demanding customer as well tbh, but I'm also a realist. Christmas time orders get delayed, it is what it is. Communication is the key.

For me, if I'm spending a few grand with someone, I expected to be treated well. Constant communication.

Same when I sell, I keep in constant communication, as folk who have bought from me will be able to testify. If I can do that, yet I work offshore and aren't home 50% of the time, then surely traders should be able to fire a quick email or whatever. A customer should never have to be chasing sellers for info.

You kept me up to date, and gave me a buzz, can't say fairer than that. You, Burwash and Mark are the ones I have dealt with so far that I would not hesitate to send you silly amounts of money if the right bit of gear I wanted came available.

• 2 weeks later...

Little update for today:

Finally got back onshore, was a long as trip, and my earthing kit I ordered in December (yes December last year) finally arrived so threw it on once I had de iced my car enough to get into the bonnet.

Before:

DSCF0399.jpg

DSCF0400.jpg

After:

DSCF0401.jpg

DSCF0402.jpg

Has it made a difference? No idea tbh but looks alot nicer :lol:

Just had a good read what you done the thumbs up. what are the meister coilovers like over all, I only got the car lowered on springs (not shure what make) and also a strut bace as well and every pot hole I hit feels like I need to get a ambulance sent to me :lol:

Maybe lads :) But I'd prefer to do one once it's reasonably completed and mapped up better :lol:

Another wee update for today though, got back from paradise (offshore) so had to clear about a metre deep of snow off the car to get at it to do some tidying up and fitting my new centre console which arrived when I was away.

New arrival:

DSCF0403.jpg

Almost finished:

DSCF0404.jpg

The finished article:

DSCF0405.jpg

So it went from this:

DSCF0296.jpg

DSCF0297.jpg

To this:

DSCF0406.jpg

Took a good hour or 2, but that was mainly due to having to tidy up Nick's wiring that he did on my boost controller, and I still have to tidy up the emange wiring, again it's a mess. It does work though but it's untidy.

Thanks for the kind words lads :blink: Was glad to tidy up the mess like, was a bit of a state to look at really!

Another wee update for today, just removed a few things with the heads up from Rory, how it was:

DSCF0408.jpg

Removed parts highlighted:

DSCF0410.jpg

Although I was wanting to take off the bracket as well, but some goon has crossed the threads on both bolts. I managed to get one off, but the other wasn't moving :) so had to leave that one in and hte bracket still there.

And a wee pic of what you can see of my meisters since I was out at the car :):

DSCF0409.jpg

Another wee update for today, went to Elgin around where I live and got another exhaust as I fancied a change:

DSCF0421.jpg

DSCF0427.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0424.jpg

DSCF0430.jpg

So far I love it, although I need to trim the bumper a wee bit. But it's actually quieter than my japspeed nur spec replica which was a unexpected bonus!

I had also started to underseal the car, and without the exhaust I can finish the job properly when I have time.

Yeah its amazing how much an exhaust weigh's...that should get your 0 to 60 time up lol

As for spit flames leave that upto the PFC ;) lol...You will have to get a vid up of you car cat i know i keep saying it but i need to see that Sequential in action :)

your gt is lookin better than ever mate,im lookin forward to seeing it (eventually) just got to save for the extra fuel the gtir will use to get there,...would be a good road trip tho.

i got no trouble poppin flames :-D

keep up the good work bud.