• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Bill im only after it for some quick sessions, like after a clean so i can keep her looking clean for a few more days. Im using the ICE range at the minute and getting good results, but i want to start using some proper detailing stuff.

If i gave you a budget, could you sort me out with some stuff that you would recommend?? Like Shampoo, Quick Detailer, Tyre Dressing, etcc..

i use megwires stuff shampoo dry her off then wax her or detail her all my stuff cost about 60quid or more from halffords always get a good result :lol:

Sorry guys, completely missed the latest replies!

Yeah Bill im only after it for some quick sessions, like after a clean so i can keep her looking clean for a few more days. Im using the ICE range at the minute and getting good results, but i want to start using some proper detailing stuff.

If i gave you a budget, could you sort me out with some stuff that you would recommend?? Like Shampoo, Quick Detailer, Tyre Dressing, etcc..

Of course mate, give me your budget and what you are looking for from the products. I will combine my personal opinion from the products I've used and contact the guy who owns DetailedObsession for his view. Detailing products change massively and detailing is becoming more popular by the day and new products are coming out so he knows more about recent products.

whats all the mods you have done to your motor pal? nice v lovly

Loads mate, check out the other pages in the thread as there's too many to list.

i use megwires stuff shampoo dry her off then wax her or detail her all my stuff cost about 60quid or more from halffords always get a good result :wub:

Meguiars is a good of-the-shelf product, the stuff I use is a different class though really mate. Not an awful lot more expensive but it's used by the professionals in the industry and really doesn't compare.

ill be ordering a few bits after i get paid liam so i could add it on to that!!

Bill what polish have you been using? ive just got a bottle of menzerna power finish to try!!!

If you guys want to make some kind of dual order I can see if I can get more of a discount off it, that could work. I haven't really got a set discount that I get but he generally sorts me out with a few quid off when I spend a bit. He's one of the cheapest places to go to for detailing products anyway.

I haven't been using a hand polish for some time mate, since I have a Meguiars G220 (Dual action machine polisher) it has it's own special products that can be broken down at the speeds that runs out but cannot be used by hand due to the lack of speed/heat produced.

My personal favourite for hand polish is ClearKote Vanilla Moose Glaze. I found it's not too abrasive yet it has a decent cut to it. It's also a lot more liquidy than the other polishes on the market so very easy to buff off. Another great thing about it is that it can be used on exterior plastics etc and won't leave the white stains you get from other products.

It's the first time in over a month that I've managed to give the car a proper wash due to the weather and the taps being frozen.

I thought I'd post some pictures up, only taken on my drive sadly but since I live down a dirt road which still has puddles full of water it'd of been dirty by the time I got it anywhere.

I used the two bucket method, Poorboys Slick 'n' Suds shampoo and a lamsbwool wash mitt. Wax is still as good as it was when I applied it 2-3 months ago too, washed and dried it with ease. I have new wheel brushes, one of which is a long brush that reaches right inside the wheel giving easy cleaning access behind the spokes.

Can't wait to get the spacers and extended wheel bolts fitted now, it's really starting to bug me with the wheels so far in the arches!

Anyway..

17-01-2010-11.jpg

17-01-2010-5.jpg

17-01-2010-6.jpg

17-01-2010-7.jpg

17-01-2010-8.jpg

17-01-2010-10.jpg

Bildo once polished my hemet Luke, it was fucking lush :wub:

No joke mate you ever want to sell this car I want first refusal

Haha.. Sorry mate I love it too much to let it go to Wales, it's already had to live in Scotland, that's bad enough. :o

Mate.

<3

:wub:

Cheeky fucking prick.

I will move to Essex bruv isn't it :o

You're that desperate? I'll tell you what mate, I'll sell it to you for £10k tomorrow you sexy Welsh prick, take it wherever you want. :p

I'll give you 5grand and a sheep ye?

Personally molestered by me and Riko, its pimp

Why would I want anything that's been molested by Riko? Everything I own has been molested by him. I'm pretty sure he molests his cat too, that's why the fucking thing is so evil and makes valid attempts at killing me at every opportunity.

On a more serious note, if I do sell up (which won't be anytime soon) I shall be sure to let you know mate.

looking miiiint! such a nice V you got and i'v probably said it before haha...

just simple but super clean and still gives a shock to unsuspecting people, just how a glanza should be.

Thanks mate, always been a fan of both of your cars too so it's nice to hear good words. :wub:

I will be keeping it simple, once the spacers are on and I've decided which rear lights I want the exterior will be complete for a while. I do have other plans but they aren't cheap so that will have to wait until funds allow.

As for the car, I'm happy with how it looks and the performance is exactly what I had hoped for when I got the car. Pretty much in my prime with regards to Glanza ownership at the moment and absolutely loving it! :o

I actually agree with you both, I did buy a set of 98 rear's and fitted them. I soon realised they were in fact 96 clusters and 98 spec lenses, I did think to myself once fitted that they didn't really blow me away in any way.

Another thing is if I got the 98 rears I'd probably end up wanting the clear third brake light, which sells for silly money.

I had thought about possibly painting the insides of the 98 clusters to see if anything suited it more but I think reflets are most likely the best option.

Bill, is say £40 a decent budget or will you need a lot more than that? I bascially just want some products to use on my weekly clean, which is normally just a clean using the two buckets method, dry it then quick detail it. Then clean the wheels and dress the tyres/plastics etc.. I just want them to make the car look clean for a few days and just generally protect the paintwork.

Let me know what products you reckon are best for me buddy!!!

Also mate car is looking mint as always :D

Bill, is say £40 a decent budget or will you need a lot more than that? I bascially just want some products to use on my weekly clean, which is normally just a clean using the two buckets method, dry it then quick detail it. Then clean the wheels and dress the tyres/plastics etc.. I just want them to make the car look clean for a few days and just generally protect the paintwork.

Let me know what products you reckon are best for me buddy!!!

Also mate car is looking mint as always :D

You have a PM dude.