• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Totally gutted for you mate :(

Guuted for you dude!

cheers fella's :) not gunna give up on it though ;)

Common Ryan work ya magic and get it sorted.

if i had the head i would mate :( but its at chris' and he's had a few personal problems so cant get down to me just yet :(

mega want to track it again, but i megggga want to make JAE aswell ;)

its all ready, he just cant get down to me. ill most likely give it a miss if i cant get it sorted though

havent got the dollar to be buying other bits and bobs now being jobless :) lol couldnt of happened at a better time :/

sheet man.!! sorry to hear all the problems youve had matey. Although i have full faith that you'll get it sorted mate. Shows come and go bro. :D

yeah i wouldnt mind so much if they hadnt been paid for :/ but lifes a bitch :(

hoping bank holiday monday is the day it gets sorted now, if not trax is looking really unlikely :/

JAE is looking more likely, now that the car is all back together, trax is looking less likely though, but ill go up with jade in her car to hand out the tickets :D

everything is back together, not burning oil any more, but it wont start now either :(

took it out for a spin yesterday and it felt good, just slow accelerating, which i think was overfuelling, so we tried to adjust the came setting to the 4e timing, and the sod wouldnt pull at all. next we had a mega water leak, which happened while the engine was running and i had already driven on it :/ luckily it started this morning and i found the plug that usually comes out of the airbox wasnt plugged in. we got it to start, then it cut out which we found out was a loose earth, and when it cut out we think something has happened to the coil, as we have spark, fuel and compression, but the spark isnt strong enough to ignite the fuel, so time for a new coil to try and get it to start, if it starts then ill plonk the cams back onto the 5e setting, get it timed up then give it another run

if it still doesnt run tidy on the 5e setting, then il put the 4e cams back in just to get hopefully to trax, and definitely JAE :p and then when i get my adjustable cam pulley, we'll have another crack at the 5e cams :D

only picture i have is of my shiny backbox which i took off to check for stagnant oil, and i found some :p not alot but its better than none :D

shiny.jpg

shiny2.jpg

chris has headed back to manchester for some sleep and work, lots of thanks to the man for staying for 2 and a half days after only planning on coming down for a few hours. gutted we couldnt get it going though after all that time and effort for something that small and gay to break when we thought we had the final piece to the puzzle :(

also changed to title from ponies to donkeys because this car is being a stubborn git!

im not ruling it out of trax, until its time to set of saturday night lol. so its still a possibility, but it definitely wont be going on the track but hoping i can get it too trax :D as its missed 1 too many shows this year lol

had a mechanic around today, and straight away after hearing me try and start it, he whipped the cam cover off, and bamm! cam pulley was out of shape and the cam belt had worn away leaving what looked like a barber shop floor behind the cover :p which means the cam had jumped causing the timing to be WAYYYYYY out hence the not starting

he suggested i get the car towed to his garage so he can remove the head and inspect that the valves hadnt bent, but speaking to a few other guys i think im going to get a new belt and time it back up and tighten everything, turn it over by hand and see if it jams or anything, then try starting it :p

i hang my head in shame mate, i can only aplogise to u and promise i will be back down asap to sort this mess i have created out, so gutted mate can not tell u the last time this happend to me think i was a apprentice at the time and it was a rover 8 hundred, but no excuses fella just a over sight that has cost anther head probly. so sorry mate. xxxxx.

chris

yeah my car seems to create problems where ever it goes lol, ollie will tell you :p haha

just my luck i suppose, and it is september after all :p never have any luck in september!

hoping its just a case of a new belt and re-timing it back up and ithat there hasnt been any damage to the valves

did you manage to check the other 1 after dude?

not yet got miibs six speed convertion in at the min and toms engine to do by jae. plus mibbs front main seal is pissing oil out and my turbo really needs changing. lol oh and craigs turbo has started to smoke. its all happening this end. but its wat i do and love, so game on. dont let it get u down mate i will sort this and tommy will live once more. very soon.

chris

yer might just have to invest in a shitter for now :p still havent heard back from the college though dude, i rang them and they said they'd get the person who i saw to give me a bell, and had nothing

just everything is going wrong in september because its my birthday and something always goes wrong lol

i was supposed to be in spain for my bday last year, and my operation went wrong so i had to cancel it :p

not my month :p but free car insurance starts this month up until my renewal so thats 1 win! haha

The head should be fine mate, new belt on a time her up

As for your college get on to them mate dont let them loose, keep at em they have a 101 things to do new students/failures/new stuff going on so get on there case before they say its too late to join now, try next year!!

the head will be fine never seen one bend valves as they are a non contact engine. means the timing belt could snap and no damage would be done,

my dad has a customer who has a 4efe corrola (miibs shape) has 300k on it broke the timing belt 3 times and still runs sweet good old toyota.