• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the head will be fine never seen one bend valves as they are a non contact engine. means the timing belt could snap and no damage would be done,

my dad has a customer who has a 4efe corrola (miibs shape) has 300k on it broke the timing belt 3 times and still runs sweet good old toyota.

ahh cheers for that mate, giving me a bit of positivity towards the car every time i here stuff like this :p gunna get jade to run me around some motor factors this morning and hope and pray that this weather does one!

hope you get her sorted out asap matey, atleast you seem a step closer now :p

cheers bud, you've given me some more positivity and motivation after yesterday :p

indeed, don't hate her just testing your love, enjoy it while you still have it you never know whats round the corner B)

yeah cheers dude ;)

Glad to hear youve got the problem diagnosed. Hope you can get this sorted in the week. look forward to seeing this at JAE!

it should be there dude :p

found another oil leak this morning!

gotta adjust the timing again slightly as the mark is flashing up before the 10 degree before TDC mark

if its not sorted by my birthday, there will be a nice long guaging interest list going up :D

While on idle the ecu is alway adjusting the timing to keep it smooth. By shorting the pins the ecu statics the timing which enable you to set it correctly.

Also engine needs to be at operating temperature (so set it after the fans have kicked in) plus base idle needs to be set.

going to buy a set of feeler guages tomorrow, and hoping i can grab a cam pulley from a local member to put the 4e cams back in because i know it at least works with them in lol, so hoping i can finally get it to jae :D

tomorrow is deadline day, heres hoping i can get hold of a pulley and some good weather :p

• 2 weeks later...

buh buh bumm!

car is nakerededed :D

needs a new engine :p valves are smashed to bits by the looks :/

on a bright note, i bought a gear shifter extender :) lol

and its the birthday tomorrow, so any spare n/a engines hanging around palleted for next day delivery to wake up to would be lovely B) lol

• 2 weeks later...

still really pissing me off now! STILL burning oil even with the old head back on, still leaking oil, exhaust is bangin again after only putting a new mount on 2 months ago, and to top it off after having it back on the road for almost a full day, some dick decided to pull onto my side of the road, causing me to swerve to the unworn part of a speed ramp and now i have a lovely smashed up jam skirt, a nice big silver rim around my wheel from where the skirt got pushed back and caught the wheel! seriously considering breaking now because its just gunna get worse and worse and more expensive

when my ALG comes through i should be able to afford a new car and if i can im not even taking a second thought about it!

I feel bad for u bro... I've been getting a few close calls and it's idiots not paying attention nearly been crashed into my car twice on motorway, good job my horn works! It's a pity that this lovely car is going to get broken :( are u getting boost on ya next one? :thumbsup:

lol if you let it go for less than 1500 i will :thumbsup:

cant believe the skirt got ripped off though, only the lip has ever caught before :(

just realised my mot is up in 2 weeks aswell, and i know for a fact its going to fail :( needs new front tyres, new cat, and its burning more oil than fuel so its looking more and more like its got to go