• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just got back from the engine shop in bryn mawr, and found out that the bottom end is pretty much scrap

crank is naff, he said its the worst he's ever seen, and the block itself is warped.

so no fte going in any time soon

but got a few cosmetic changes lined up hopefully, and then maybe have the fte by my next insurance renewal (dec 2011)

bad times, bad times

i knew it had a 'slight knocking' so i was expecting damage, but not on this scale, the guys at the machine shop said it must have been rattling around for quite some time to get that bad.

soo not sure whats happening on the engine front just yet, made an enquirery just now, and waiting to hear back, if it doesnt happen then ill have to wait til after the summer i think

it was bucketep91 off here that i bought it from

who also had it inspected by somebody

so they must have not told him how bad the damage was, and if they did check it, they would have seen the big chunk of conrod rattling around surely?

Thats balls dude.

If it was only the crank that gone at least it could be polished (like mine) but with a warped block its a nogo.

Before all else fails have a look at member Thorpy's block he has for sale, it looks mint.

Joz

joz- the crank was far from repairable it was that bad :/ i may have found a replacement crank already though, depending on price, and ill have a look for the block now, cheers for the heads up B)

yeah spoke to him ollie, im not really bothered about money back because we've spoke, and the fault is with the mechanic who checked it for him, for not doing a good job and not informing him properly about the damage