• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

im gunna wait until after winter now dude, too cold to be fiddling with the engine in the garage, and with xmas coming up a bit broke so to speak

but ill be coming to you for that thing we spoke about on fb when funds get better :p

i knew it had a 'slight knocking' so i was expecting damage, but not on this scale, the guys at the machine shop said it must have been rattling around for quite some time to get that bad.

soo not sure whats happening on the engine front just yet, made an enquirery just now, and waiting to hear back, if it doesnt happen then ill have to wait til after the summer i think

just read over this thread for the first time in a while and im not happy about how your going about this, i have never used the term "sight knocking" i told u exactly what happened with that engine. you were told it was knocking its tits off and i gave you it for £150, i had to pay that for a new head when i could have just used the 1 from that engine not to mention the brand new water pump brand new timing belt kit etc. I also had to borrow a van, get added onto the insurance then go a 3 hour drive there and back to pick the engine up for you and threw in a full set of wiring looms and bits and bobs for a little extra. dont make it out as if i lied to you mate as you where told everything that happened with the engine and everything i knew about it. how could i possibly have knowen the block was warped?

Meh, id put it through the guys front window!!

chin up tho buddy

asad i would love to see you try! :lol:

well he should be decent enough to give you a patial refund atleast then

you spoken to him about it?

why should i refund for an item that was sold as discribed?

i was never told it was 'knocking its tits off' you told me that as soon as you heard the knocking you stopped driving it

i havent got any of the messages any more, but im sure you said it in the wanted thread i put up also, ill have to check, but you never told me it was 'knocking its tits off' and have i even once blamed you?

read again, and ive blamed the guy who was supposed to have checked it for you

ive even said i dont want to claim money back because i knew it was damaged, but i was never told it was knocking its tits off and i was also never told that the conrod ad decided to basically explode in the engine even though it had been checked out

cant really speak for the other people you have quoted because thats them not me

i knew it had a 'slight knocking' so i was expecting damage, but not on this scale, the guys at the machine shop said it must have been rattling around for quite some time to get that bad.

soo not sure whats happening on the engine front just yet, made an enquirery just now, and waiting to hear back, if it doesnt happen then ill have to wait til after the summer i think

when did i ever tell you there was slight knocking? when it started id drivin it to greames he confirmed it was the bottom end and i drove back and it was knocking quite bad, i sent it to ian on a flat bed and then picked it up took it to garys and then the engine was sent to you, i never 1ce said "slight knocking" u knew it was knocking badly

we spoke about all of this and came to a an agreement on what i think was a fair price for what you where buying

i was told it was knocking, so i knew it was damaged, just nowhere near that bad :/

and it was months ago now, so cant really do anything about it

so if it wanst months ago u wouldve opened a dispute? to me that sounds as if you would have wanted to "claim money back" and if i knew about the conrod i would have mentioned it and i definetly wouldnt have sold you it and used the head for my own engine.

when i sent the car to ian he was going to fix the car but told me he couldnt and didnt have the space for it and put the sump back on and i had to pick it up, we spoke about all this before i sold it to you. You knew it was going to be a gamble as with any damaged engine and now your blaming every1 else.

im not on here to argue with you ryan, but coming on and reading what you have said and some of the other peoples comments on the matter isnt nice and that was why i felt the need to say something on here

im not here to argue either mate, but you definitely said in 1 of your posts 'slight knocking'

i wouldnt have opened a dispute anyway, im not that stupid, i knew it was damaged, but not to the extent it was, obviously it was a gamble.

but surely you'd have thought to ask ian what was wrong with it? otherwise you would have been paying him to fix it blindly? he should have told you the extent of the damage aswell, thats whats annoyed me, you could only tell me what you knew.

it was bucketep91 off here that i bought it from

who also had it inspected by somebody

so they must have not told him how bad the damage was, and if they did check it, they would have seen the big chunk of conrod rattling around surely?

i think this quote should have been added because it was part of the same conversation with ollie

joz- the crank was far from repairable it was that bad :/ i may have found a replacement crank already though, depending on price, and ill have a look for the block now, cheers for the heads up :lol:

yeah spoke to him ollie, im not really bothered about money back because we've spoke, and the fault is with the mechanic who checked it for him, for not doing a good job and not informing him properly about the damage

not once have i blamed you, or called you a liar

• 2 weeks later...

managed to nab a new piston and rod :)

not forged, but that will come after everything is running and working as it should be, instead of splashing out on forged parts, for me not to get the build right or something to go wrong so gunna stick with standard for now ;)

tidypiston.jpg

urmm, hopefully the crank will get here some time next week, so once ive got that, all i need is to save for a tidy block, because i am really broke atm, hoping the engine will be built before japfest.

but im not dropping it in before then, im going to track the n/a at jf and then put it in hopefully before japfest 2 if there is going to be a jf2

:)

also a quick pic of the clear cambelt cover ;)

cambeltcover.jpg

cambeltcover2.jpg

just bought a whiteline adjustable panhard rod, and FINALLY sound the right wheels studs :)

just bought the other 7 too

will be picking up a jam rear spoiler, jam sideskirts, a jam lip and a glanza bootlid when the snow clears off

i know ive got a 'glanza' bootlid, but its acutally an n/a bootlid, so the reverse lights dont work, and it looks a bit butchered after having 3 spoilers on it, so in need of a fresher 1 lol

can test fit the new wheels once the wheel studs are on too, the reason i havent done it until now is because i put loctite in the existing 1s just to make sure they dont come off

any body know of a jam rear bumper going for sale?

ryan