Nanglebadgers work in progress

lol cannards would be mad on this thing lol!!!

as for the tyres...im not lol. they'll do until they've had it, i need new winter rain tyres before i think of doin anything with the summer ones, i shall simply have to employ some more mature, sensible driving behaviours, and if we get rain like that again while i still have the 14s on, then it'll be 50mph inside lane crap the whole way home, and thats the thing, i wasnt even motorin when i hit the lake, it was just HUGE and unavoidable and pretty much invisible in the downpour. something GOOD in the wet of NI roads is what i'll be after.

Phil.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like you need some Uniroyal Rainsports too me :lol:

Not a fan of Contis, there just too tame and dont grip enough. I know what you mean about torrential rain trying to kill our projects nearly happened to me on the way home too, hit some standing water and BAM!! it pulls like mad to the left side. Having Paradas dont really help though i suppose :(

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Blitz K1 on 0.8 bar of boost....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm delicious!

was down with Jay this morning and he kindly fitted the RRFPR for me, got the pressure just right and we took her on a nice test run. this turbo is solid as a rock! it holds 0.8bar as if it were nothing!!!! very very strong pull up the gears, both Jay and myself are very happy and impressed with it!

we could tinker with the boost a little more of course, but tbh i'd rather we left it where it is, as dialed off just that little touch should provide the one key thing i desire most...reliability. The power delivery is class, i was grinnin like a nutter, so if thats how she delivers the power with decent reliability then thats 100% perfect for my needs!!!!!!

one VERY happy Badger!

My thanks as always to Jay!!! especially considering he'd had 4 hours sleep thanks to yesterday's meet!!! lol!

Pics of fitted RRFPR to follow.

Phil.

fuck me what a nite.

came out after drumming at the church, loaded up the gear, and went to take off...i smelt fuel...the fucker had split a pipe, there was like £5 or more's worth of BP's finest Ultimate all over the car park.

Thank fook for Joel is all i can say! the guy rolled in about 4 minutes after i called him and ripped piping off his own car and chucked it onto mine, seriously dug me out of a hole there or i'd have been BOLLOXED! had his happened at work i would have been totally shafted. just shows u, before u fit anything, go buy good quality piping PERIOD!

then on the motorway the fucker spat a boost pipe in 5th. limped home, tightened it, took a test and POP she went again, limped home AGAIN and tightened the SHITE out of the offending jubilee. took it a spin, abused it in 3rd and 4th, held fine. now cooling off and then its into the garage at about 11 and i'm goin over all the jubilees again, dont want it happenin when im showing a twat in a BMW who's boss in the morning!!

To both Joel and Jay, apologies for the panicky phone calls, but thanks for helpin me out lads!!! hopefully she holds this time!!!

Phil.

i didnt do to bad 7/9 miles under 5 mins and that was me stuck behind a L driver lol.

just glad i could help phil:)

i have everything in my car except a flat head screwdriver haha who else do you know that has an extra foot of braided fuel pipe lol

it must be her time of the month phil :)

He is indeed, and Joel is the master of the rescue! thats all three of the BadgerSports Inc EPs he has dabbled with now!!!!

rollers indeed, which means fitting 15s lol!

more boost...no.

whats next is the gauges i have coming from Riko, get them and fit them and plumb them in as well as the EGT one, transparent blue cam cover from Riko too, maybe some B-Pillar bars from Jay, but most importantly, winter tyres for the speedies. i also have braided lines and an antilift kit here.

the next engine thing we want to sort is that hot side piping, i'm goin to make some enquiries into local custom pipe work, get that sorted, and Jay thought maybe a civic rad to make room for the IC piping.

if i run anymore boost through her i risk reducing the reliability, which is a HUGE NO NO for me! cant have that at all.

the only major spend i would consider saving for is a Blitz ECU to complete the Blitz set up, but I dont see that happening anytime in the reasonable future tbh, im tryin to save for a house! the customised BaderSports ECU will suffice!

Phil.

@ Dan, yeah man that'd be awesome! I've just been out to give her a once over, i think tomorrow evenin after work i'm gonna replace the remainder of the piping that came with the regulator with the stuff that Joel brought me. its not doubled over anywhere so it should be fine, but its gettin ripped off after work, i just hope it holds, i dont fancy bustin out the stanley knife on the side of the motorway!!!! I'll PM u my address sir!

damn IC pipe doesnt wana stay on either, came off in my hand there, so i have been over it AGAIN with the spanners and screwdrivers, and im gonna stay off full boost for a while, cant be arsed tightenin this every 10mins lol.

I've put a post up on the NI section of Pistonheads askin does anyone know a GOOD place here for custom pipin as we've had no luck sourcing a WEPR item.

Phil.

glad shes running well for you again. the k1 must have made a nice improvement! perfect turbo choice for this car! weve all been there with a pain in the arse i/c pipe popping off and your out in the pissing rain/snow and alsorts trying to fix it!

mine poped off 1ce andwhile i fixed it i took off an armani watch the mrs baught me, fixed the pipe and stupidly left my watch on the ground! got back 10 mins later and it was gone:( hate shit i/c pipes!

wow! i bet u got some ear bashin for that dude!!!!!

its an impressive turbo thats for sure man. think i just need a few days without anything popping off or leakin to restore some confidence because im constantly paranoid listening and smellin for things not quite right.

Phil.

i felt shit when i told her but believe it or not she baught me another 1 :)

i know the feeling mate 1ce your pipework is sorted the confidence will come back. will it ever see the magical 1bar? thats where the fun starts!

your mrs clearly rocks!!

if she gets home tonight without popping anything i'm for changing the fuel piping anyway, so the i/c pipes will see the spanners and screwdrivers again until they turn no more! lol.

as for the 1 bar, i dunno man. in time i will no doubt talk this over with Jay, but i need this car monday to friday 8.30 to 5, i cant be doin with blowing it up, because i will be royally f**ked if that happens as i will have no way into work. we'll see, I'll chat about it with Jay over the coming months no doubt, perhaps if i ever pick up a Blitz ECU we could turn her up a little more, but it wont be anytime soon i wouldnt imagine. my first priority now is gettin these pipes to hold the boost pressure with the foot on the floor! lol

Phil.

of course mate, i think your 1 of the only sensible people on here. the rest of us just pump through as much boost as we can as quick as we can lol.

ill be adopting the same attitude when i pick my new ep up on friday! take my time with this 1 and do it right

oh and blitz access ecu = win! ill keep my eyes peeled for 1 for u

LOL @ Iddy :)

You using T clamps mate? Never had a problem with boost pipes popping off, well my HDI hot pipe snapped but thats a different story :(

Coming along nice mate, be a proper little weapon on 14's with a piggy back or plug and play running a bar

Nice work phil buddy, i bet it shifts!... i remember when i got my hybrid set up on the rollers, the difference when i came off was actually amazing!!

I made 170bhp on the stock ecu on a hybrid, i bet this would make just the same possible more... the stock ecu is quite a clever thing on these cars :(

hope it behaves and you dont have to many more issues :)

Seems like a really busy week for Jays Garage.

Glad you are well on the way with the new Blitz setup Phil, sounds really idea for your needs.

Getting closer to EP perfection broski.

Joz

thanks for all the comments lads! greatly appreciated!

@Bucket - i have to be sensible man, she is my only mode of transports for the ~16ish miles into work each day, i can't afford to have her go bang! I'd be stranded sponging lifts from my boss...not a good look when your still on your new-start probation lol!!!! lookin forward to seein your new EP man!!!!

a Blitz ecu isn't top of my agenda, hopefully down the line i'll maybe pick one up, but the price of the damn things is a brave chunk of mullah i could put towards a house deposit lol! just off the phone with Jay tho, he agreed there is more to be had from the turbo without compromising the reliability....damn u all for bein such bad influences on me!!! haha!

@Iddy, thanks man! a hybrid was exactly what i wanted as i want to retain the blitz decat and a stock (ported) mani for pure reliability with nice performance! also, if i was offered £7500 for this i'd have it and go buy an RX7, i jest u not!

@Lewis, some of the clamps are T-clamps mate yes, but the offending one isn't. Dan Evans is sendin me over some clamps, if they look more solid than the offending one i'll swap it over and tighten the shit outta it! she is fairly solid on boost now man yes, the 14s probably help! 5th gear has changed dramatically! i went past a beemer in 5th up a hill today as if it were stood still!!! NICE!

@CL, thanks dude! Credit goes to Alan-E for persuading me to buy the K1 in the first place, it was exactly what i was wanting, just not so early but i aint complaining now lol!!!! a bolt on hybrid that retains the cast iron decat and mani! perfect for my daily driver reliability needs with serious punch! take THAT u filthy hondas!!! TAKE THAT!!!! lol! so far the "BadgerSports" ecu is doing a bang up job! i'll give it a few days with this RRFPR and hopefully she'll be even happier as she learns! i just want her to behave!!! lol!

@Jozmeisterman, cheers my UKSCNI buddy! poor Jay must be sick of the sight of my engine bay, two visits in less than a week lol!!! I think Blitz had me in mind when they designed their gear ye know!!! "Ah Mr Blitz-san, Nangle-san will one day own an EP that he uses for work, he needs reliability and street power, we design perfectly usable power setup for Nangle-san!" If i ever get to Japan the Blitz joint, wherever it hides, will be my main objective for a visit, solely so i can say "THANK YOU" to them!

Got the fuel pipes swapped out for the piping Joel gave me last nite and all tightened up. she is strangely reading 5 bar of fuel pressure which is about a bar or so too much, dont know how swapping pipes has caused this, but phoned Jay and its no big deal, running rich is not really a concern compared to running lean, and i'm not even smelling fuel like i was when i first picked her up in november, so if she's over fuelling it isn't by much because she isn't boggin down (that I've noticed yet) and she seems to be idling fine and i aint smelling anything odd. I/C pipes have been given another tweek in the clockwise direction and i've posted on Pistonheads NI section asking for recommendations for decent local custom I/C piping fabricators, see if we cant solve this pesky issue once and for all!!!!!

so, we'll see how she behaves on the commute tomorrow, only givin her about 80% throttle to 0.7bar and she seemed to be holding the I/C pipes fine today so hopefully tomorrow goes smoothly too!

Phil.

im glad to hear the turbo is putting as big a smile on your face as it did on mine dude.

I'd pm bob of ecc about the custom i/c pipes im near sure they do custom pipe work.

was the mani ported out to jays liking lol?

Alan