Nanglebadgers work in progress

Too much talking in here and not enough pictures. I fail.

So, today was the NI TGTT Summer meet at ECC, I will post pics in the Meets section for all to see. I am very happy to report that my car rolled 163.4Hp/6286Rpm with 145.6Lbf/ft/4895Rpm in 3rd gear! I couldnt be happier with that result! I wasn't expecting anything like that! I only wanted it to be plus 140hp!!!!!! I was nervous as hell!!!!!!

I would like to extend my thanks to all those at East Coast Customs in Lisburn, very pleasant staff, and a great venue! But especially to Jay for getting the car to where she is!!!! it is his hard work that has produced this fantastic figure!!! i am over the moon with 163hp!!!!!!!!!

Now, pics of the recent updates:

The refreshed Speedlines, which are away with Paul_Glzv for some brand new Rainsport 2s!!!!!!!!!!!!!! should have them back on monday so fitment will be tuesday evening or so.

DSC_0001.jpg

Updated engine bay with WEPR hot pipe and smoothed rocker cover:

DSC_0004.jpg

and again:

DSC_0005.jpg

"i'm your turbozilla!!!!!"

DSC_0006.jpg

and before heading off to the RR day today, Mark kindly lent me his Momos:

DSC_0007.jpg

I also need to thank mark for his role as "official engine warmer and theft preventer prior to entering the rolling road booth" today, cheers bro!

Phil.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks lads!!!! i was chuffed as hell!!! and for some reason when i turned round i noticed that every fecker there had come in to watch my run, i reckon it was raining outside tho lol!!!!

the boost is sitting at 0.85/0.86 bar or so, altho i saw it creep up to like 0.88 the other day, odd. she holds it solid as a rock when she peaks at the 0.85/0.86, it doesnt budge!

obviously we could screw the actuator out a bit more, but tbh, this is perfect for the daily commute and hunting fools who annoy me!!!

Phil.

cheers bro!

bucket - i dont think so mate no. i need this car mon-fri every week, i need her to be as close to 100% factory reliable as i can get her, because i dont have nor can i afford a back-up car right now with trying to save for a house.

i dont doubt Jay will get a little more from her yet, maybe top 170hp in the future, but tbh im happy with her rolled back a little because it should lend itself to maintaining reliability. she is nippy enough to annoy plenty of bigger cars as she stands at present, the way she delivers the power is nearly instantaneous, so for now she is ideal for what i want her for. reliability but with boost enough to annoy people.

running 1bar could give me more problems than i would care for lol!

Phil.

lol u said it man!

next is fitting the speedies, i have two more Apexi gauges coming from Riko so that'll be about 4 or 5 gauges to have wired in plus the speed reader, transparent blue cam belt cover from riko, i have an ALK here to fit too and other than that, not a great deal tbh.

Phil.

cheers man!

Speedlines returned this evening with some Rainsport V2s with a 50 profile for a comfier ride on these damn country roads!! probably fit tomorrow nite after work. my thanks to Paul_Glzv! total legend! and highly highly recommended to the NI lads! he took EXTRA special care of my freshly painted speedies, and we all know how fussy i am!!! 100% happy!!!!!! cheers man!

Phil.

Update

Speedies are fitted baby!!!!!!!!

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

I'm dead chuffed! never thought i'd get to have them professionally tarted up!!!! really happy with the wheels and the tyre choice that Paul made for me!!! fills the arches nicely!!! and a class shade of anthracite! there was a bronzey tint coming off them in the evening sunshine here!!!!!!

so, thats the wheels on for winter.

Phil.

cheers folks!

fitted them last nite as its due to be dry for a day or two so good time to scrub them in a bit. Mark has used the Rainsport 2s before and rates them very highly, and my rainsport 1s lasted me 6 years, still had loads of tread left on the rear but were just too compacted and solidified to give grip from the tread anymore. hard wearing isn't the word for them lol!

Liam - yeah it does look pretty mean against the blurple in the flesh, but the 5/4s are awesome. they are stupidly light were as the 15s have slowed her down a touch (thank goodness for that extra 0.05bar of boost lol) and the handling on them is just silly! honestly! and i love their obscurity, rareness and JDMness. Some fresh rubber will be on order for next spring for them, they really liven up the performance from the engine and handling.

Phil.