Nanglebadgers work in progress

Yup, need more lead.

Also need to look for a new vocalist. Not sure if you noticed but that boy last night seemed a little drunk! ;)

Did you not notice me giving the other guitar an alternative tuning lmao.

Didnt want to break your heart Jay :p

I did forget the other verse to that song tho! :thumbsup:

Next time will seriously rock when we are all well again :)

Joz

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheers lads!

no way this thing'll see JAE next yr folks, the saving for a Global HQ is well and truly underway now, the car will be my treat, my method of destressing, but i doubt she'll see the mainland for many years. and this time i aint bluffin lol.

Phil.

Who said anything about you coming over here ;)

Civic radiator has landed at long bloody last!

ordered and paid last tuesday, only arrives today from england, pure piss take, u'd think i lived in feckin Outer Mongolia with delivery times like that.

anyways, grump aside, its here, which means after weejohn has wired stuff to other stuff, this bad boy is for Jays again to be fitted. nice.

Phil.

sell??

this??

it aint worth anything to sell!!!! lol!!! its a UK n/a with an FTE conversion, I couldn't exactly ask for big money on it even tho it appears some folk think an SR turned Glanza rep minus the FTE and some vinyls is worth £2400 all day long because of the "work" in it.

the only person it's worth anything to is me, like i said, its a conversion, it aint exactly worth much to sell, what I've spent i wouldnt get a tenth of back and thats the truth.

Phil.

only being stern with myself man, the day i get some grandious notion in my head that my car is the best thing ever and worth a tonne of money to someone is the day i expect u all to slap me.

I've spent...yikes...who knows how much on this car. I've had ups and downs with her, but i really dont think she's financially worth very much to anyone but me. while she owes me maybe, what, say like £15K or whatever it is, to someone else for me to sell it its only worth like...£2000, its a used 12yr old car.

what i genuinely appreciate tho is Dan's sentiment. the fact that the car is so well appreciated by other people really helps keep the motivation going. yes the car is ultimately for my own amusement, but the fact that she is so well thought of by other people is something that constantly amazes me and i am very grateful for all the kind words and even offers such as Dan's, it means i am doing something right with her so thanks Dan!

i think this car will be with me for a loooooooooooooong time because im not paying anything on it, it doesnt owe me anything finance wise per se. if i ever get myself a nice daily in the future when i have some more monies, then heavens only knows what route the car will take then but it'll always be for my own shits and giggles! imagine a 55yr old dude in a blurple EP boosting around the place in bucket seats!!! lush!!!!

for now, she needs wiring tomorrow, civic radiator fitted, MOT prep, and im really considering sticker-bombing the underside of my bonnet for the craic!

Phil.

Looks like your stuck on UKSC forever matey, we aint gonna get rid of you :mellow:

I feel the same way, dont think im ever gonna get any money for mine if i decide to sell, may have to keep it as a daily and get something else as my toy!!

Exunctly!

Update

Well, the UKSCNI lads have been hard at work on the Nanglewagon....again lol.

Yesterday I went to WeeJohn's, fixing the horn was unsuccessful, but he wired up the speedreader (which also functions as an SLD, G Meter and 1/4mile timer which jay and I tested today! Winz!), the old tacho is now functioning again, and the EGT gauge is now all singing and dancing!! what i didnt know was that the electronic Apexi gauges Self check when the ignition is switched on and when the car is started!! well happy! Open symphony FTW!

I also received a special surprise package from Riko addressed to "The Dark Knight of my Dreams" and sealed with a kiss!!! it was my two Apexi EL1 temp gauges which the prick told me were still in Japan!!!! lol so of course i only have one stand so need to hit ebay up for another, WeeJohn has inspected them and they'll be fitted and wired soon hopefully.

Last nite saw an epic Beers and Guitar session in the Costa til 2:20am!!!

Then today Jay fitted my civic radiator, what a difference in the bay that has made! so much room!!!! we did a few test runs with the intake on the turbo exposed, 1.1bar in nearly every gear!!!! was mental hearing that thing sucking like fook!!!! EFI pipe is now all fitted properly and FMIC piping all adjusted thanks to the extra bay-space now, most happy badger.

she seems to be drinkin fuel like crazy, but i guess thats the price u pay for boost! no pain no gain!!!!

My thanks to WeeJohn and Jay for their epic work yet again. Once the horn is fixed and the temp gauges installed, the only other thing i wana do is source a final EL1 series gauge, a few small odds and ends and not much else. as far as im concerned the engine side of things is done. Maybe in a yr or so i'll invest in a decent EBC, but for now, i'm happy with where she is and i have no more major plans for the engine. Happy happy badger.

Pics:

HKS emblem, cant find anywhere for my Apexi one yet :lol:

DSC_0002-2.jpg

Civic radiator with air con fan fur coolingz of de winz! of all things tho, a Honda part on Project BadgerSpots...yikes!

DSC_0003.jpg

And two more Apexi EL1 gauges! Only one left to find!

DSC_0004-1.jpg

Phil.

no way im changing the air intake mate. all the advice suggests that the best thing for stable boost and performance is an enclosed system with an uprated panel filter. I've had this discussion with manys a-people, manys a-time. we drove her today with no air intake at all, 1.1/1.2 bar creeping everywhere in every gear was stupid, put the system back on, stable and predictable boost in every gear at a safe level. no chance of boost creep or spike. all it would take would be one cold morning goin to work, spike, boom, im fucked. this is my daily and i need her to remain as such.

yes a cone in the grill would give performance gains, but im not willing to risk that at the expense of a 16mile walk to work, the gains wouldnt warrant the risk all for like 0.1bar of boost. this way she is stable, predictable, safe and reliable. im hoping that short of a couple of gasket changes that are needed, the engine tinkering is done. im happy with the power and i think we have her set up as safely as possible. i may invest in a more ported mani from Ed in a few months and relocate the EGT sensor into the collector, and as i said, a good EBC in due course to be properly safe, but thats on the long term plans, right now i dont need any of that.

finish the brakes, MOT prep, gauge fitting, horn fixing, and antilift kit fitting, maybe some sticker bombing the underside of the bonnet, and some fresh rubber for the rays in 6 months, thats it, i have no other plans right now.

Riko - i cant thank u enough man. the gauges are MINT yet again, thats 3 totally MINT gauges u have got me, not even used by the looks of the sensors! all we need is the remaining matching oil pressure one in the same condition with sensors and we're done buddy!!! but no rush there as i have an oil pressure fitted at present, we can afford to wait for the right one to pop up on the auctions!!! i just wish u wouldnt keep surprising me u big tease!! i thought they were in japan still because of rick and harry!!!!

Phil.

Sweet updates as usual bro, civic rad looks the muttleys in your bay B)

2.30am? Pah doesn't beat our 3am bleeding fingers jam :lol:

If you still fancy the SR dials I'll take them on my next costa visit.

I'm also changing to a WEPR so I'd let my Ed mani go for a steal :lol:

I'll be on mot duties next month, freaking hate it lol.

Joz

cheers dude! mucho appreciated.

yeah man if u wana drop me a text or PM with how much u want for the clocks and the Ed mani plz do sir and i'll see what funds are remaining.

MOT in NI rocks....or not lol!!!!

riko...they've been with u for some time...pah!!! shockin!!! lol!

Phil.