Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad you got it sorted buddy was gonna say i can post you my locking nut removal key from work for you to remove them ;) But glad there off now mate.

Good luck with the MOT dude im sure she'll fly straight through.

indeed buddy.

Update

Friday nite saw Alan E and Joel kindly fit my blue HEL braided lines front and rear along with EBC Ultimax rear pads and Toyota 5:1 fluid. brake fade is now significantly reduced which is great. we had a slight technical hitch discovered today, lets just say the brake fluid has cleaned the underside of my car quite well lol, but all sorted now. improved braking all round FTW! so, that concludes the brake refresh program for 2010 with the Tuning Developments Fast Road set up and some EBC rear pads.

Alan has however found a hole in my exhaust, but that's being repaired this coming wednesday before MOT, all good.

Yesterday saw Jay replace the oil return gasket which has stopped the oil weep from there, but as i discovered today, the sump plug is weeping a fair bit, but this is being addressed with the oil change later in the week, so again, pre-MOT, shouldnt be a biggy. however, after 5 or 6 years one of my magnecor leads has died, so currently running a TRD one in is stead. Jay is goin to look at fixing the magnecor one, failing that, Santa can buy me a new set.

MOT i think is gonna be hit and miss with a couple of minor ailments, but should be ok i hope.

So...Wednesday will be exhaust welding, friday will be oil and steering wheel change, ready for saturday...bring it on.

Phil.

well there wont be any MOT for 2 weeks or so.

turns out, the problem with aligning the headlights is two fold. firstly, my relatively new HID kit has a busted locator tab on the drivers side, probably happened during fitting, and google and ebay dont even through up the kits, so the chances of a replacement bulb are none.

and on top of that, even tho the passenger bulb is fine, the headlight wont align, it just wont pull up. the suspicion is that the adjuster in the top corner is rung or just fucked and is basically just turning in position, making no difference to the headlight at all.

and there simply isnt time to sort any of that before MOT, looks like im heading back to uprated normal bulbs because the HID is just flopping about like a carp on the floor. fantastic. money well spent there.

on a positive note, Alan has welded up the hole in the exhaust, making her noticeably quieter even tho the hole wasn't that big lol. so, at least thats something.

but in a week we've had a hole in the exhaust, busted adjusters, busted HID bulb, leaking brakes, busted spark lead, leaky raditator plug that still appears to be weeping and a busted locking wheel nut socket. so yeah, anyone wana buy the most annoying EP of all time?? because my patience is really wearing thin. its supposed to be almost finished, doing nothing but ticking over and oil changes, and yet, its not even fit to pass an MOT. fucking. outstanding.

Phil.

That is balls broski but please bare with it.

Every NI cloud has a silver lining (just about!)

Mine was being a homosapien for a while but its now looking on the up.

I had the works too (oil leaks) etc but thanks to certain gurus everything is now A1.

HIDs are bad news imo, standard bulbs ftw. As for the adjusters try get some news ones asap.

Keep the faith!

Joz

i have some spare adjusters somewhere that I think Liam D sent me years ago.

and Joel was phoning places for me today on the hunt for a replacement bulb. i have faith in him.

its goin to Jay's for the 6th time in 8 weeks i think on saturday, think I've spent way over £100 on fuel just going to his in 2 months.

patience is wearing thin now tbh, everytime i looks on the up something stupid happens! i mean, the engine is fine, its running perfectly fine, its just the ancillaries are being fucking dicks for no reason. im tempted to put it away, i really am. Just SORN it, buy a diesel and maybe look at it in 6 months. fuckin fed up.

Phil.

Ive said it many times before and ill say it once again. Starlets are pricks mate.

Mine is being a complete and utter idiot and has been for months, im totally fed up of it and keep looking at replacments for it, but at the end of the day when its running awesome i bloody love the thing and thats why i cant bring myself to sell up.

Keep at it bro, Nanglebadgers and Starlets just go together.

im sorry phil no luck with my set mission most places havent heard of autobahn never mind have hid bulbs.

sorry skipper

chin up my man its only a smaller hurdel to jump then its smooth sailing

hope you had a good dinner tonight by the way (wink wink nudge nudge)