Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update

The weather was stupidly nice here in NI this weekend, like, for october, just daft! so, naturally, being a car geek, that could mean only one thing!!!

The Cleaningz of Destiny!

So, yesterday she got a scrub and I made a start on my sticker-bombing of the underside of the bonnet. Now, some of them stuck fine, but some of them didnt want to know, so it didnt go totally to plan. some parts appear to have some serious over spray on them, making things difficult, so i think some better prep work will be in order when i get more stickers!

First tho, i finally found a home for my cool Apexi emblem:

DSC_0002-3.jpg

Then the sticker-bombing commenced. I got a bunch of stickers from Epicstore.co.uk who has a dedicated thread here on the forum. Matt's a mate of mine and one of the soundest people i have EVER met. So i felt it fitting to do some promo for him and gave him his own panel area, plus, thats what stick-bombing is all about! random stickers! I also had some East Coast Customs decals from Bob, one took, the other refused to:

DSC_0003-2.jpg

then i found some K&N decals by complete fluke:

DSC_0004-3.jpg

so she got to dry over nite in the garage, which im hoping to be a permanent thing if i can keep the motorbikes out of my way! then today i took some Extra Gloss Protection to her, followed by HD Wax, and of course the obligatory tire gel and polishing of the exhaust! what man doesnt enjoy polishing his pipe! :)

DSC_0005-2.jpg

Seriously, how amazing is this weather for October! i went for a run after I had finished and I was COOKED! sweating like a peado in a play ground in a Barney suit!

DSC_0006-1.jpg

Gazing into the evening autumn sunset:

DSC_0007-1.jpg

Cheeky bum shot:

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

Profile snap plz!

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

I love how the camera hides the fact that the whole front end is more white than it is blurple, and hides the dent on the bonnet!! good camera! well done!

DSC_0012-1.jpg

Got shine?

DSC_0013-1.jpg

Sunset-haze interior:

DSC_0016-1.jpg

Dont worry, i have the UKSC URL on my plates:

DSC_0017.jpg

Hey over there!!!!

DSC_0018.jpg

next up, MOT prep.

Phil.

Liam - thanks man, as i say tho, i wish the front end was as mint as the camera makes her look, its speckled to hell!!! real bad.

i got it from LukEP mate, give him a shout.

dean - cheers dude! really happy with how the wheels turned out, must drop the 5th one in for the same treatment!

Phil.

this car just has to be a prick, all the time.

went to Joel and Alan to get car ready for MOT. Emissions are fine, headlights took some arguing to align because of the HIDs, very fucking handy, then we went to do the brakes, rear pads, braided lines, fluid, Phil puts the lock nut socket into the lock nut...BAM! the fucking teeth in the lock nut socket all snap off.

what the fuck.

so now im stuck with 3 wheels held on by lock nuts that i have no matching socket for and my rear pads are fucked.

tried a close match socket at home, no dice. i can see saturday being a mad dash to Motorsport and Spares to see if they have a match lying around. if they dont, i am royally fucked.

and MOT is looming bad, because i need gaskets replaced too. FUCK.

lock nuts, fucking stupidest idea evar.

Phil.

Joel - i know how u guys can sort it...i just cant bear the thought of what will happen to my freshly painted wheels!

Jay - u may have saved the day! if i have to order that there should be enough time to get it here and get the brakes sorted before MOT. I'll drop u a text now.

Russleh - thanks for your kind words man! very much appreciated.

Ryan - agreed man, that kit may be best!

drongo - its a TTE front splitter dude. discontinued from TTE a LONG time ago, and i only know of 1 or two others in existence, rare aint the word lol! and thanks for your compliments dude, i really do appreciate them!

mad dash of phone calls to 'Sport and Spares and texts to Jay today no doubt!

Phil.

this car just has to be a prick, all the time.

went to Joel and Alan to get car ready for MOT. Emissions are fine, headlights took some arguing to align because of the HIDs, very fucking handy, then we went to do the brakes, rear pads, braided lines, fluid, Phil puts the lock nut socket into the lock nut...BAM! the fucking teeth in the lock nut socket all snap off.

what the fuck.

so now im stuck with 3 wheels held on by lock nuts that i have no matching socket for and my rear pads are fucked.

tried a close match socket at home, no dice. i can see saturday being a mad dash to Motorsport and Spares to see if they have a match lying around. if they dont, i am royally fucked.

and MOT is looming bad, because i need gaskets replaced too. FUCK.

lock nuts, fucking stupidest idea evar.

Phil.

Phil

Think your car dont like you mate!! as it keeps doing this too you!!

On the flip side hope you get it sorted mate, i always MOT with 1 month to go as it gives you time to sort any issues if they crop up and you get 13months of MOT :)

Good Luck

john

Update

On the wheel nuts saga - i took off from work an hour early, bye bye remaining holiday hour lol, and went to MotorSport and Spares in Ballymena, who for a very reasonable fee cut the lock nuts off my car. and true to his word, there isnt even the slightest mark on the wheels!! couldnt be happier!!! apparently they have to do this on average 10 times a week for people loosing their lock nuts!

and there was me freakin out! tool.

i also bought some new lock nuts even tho i said i wasn't goin to, but these are shaped ones rather than ones with wee cylindrical prongs/teeth in them, so there is nothing to snap off this time! and, they are thatcham approved lock nuts! score!!!!

so, all sorted, panic over, back to sorting the breaks for MOT!

Phil.