Nanglebadgers work in progress

Everyone is fed up of their Starlets lately :p

Stick at it dude doesn't sound like anything major.

I remember years ago my head light wouldnt adjust all the way up (failed MOT) turns out the bulb was in the wrong way, so took it out rotated it and job's a good un, maybe something to have a look at in regards to the one headlight not adjusting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

om nom nom...whats that I taste??

oh, that'd be the taste of an MOT failure!!!! nice!!!! damn car!

turns out one of the wheel bearings is being a wanker for no reason as it was recently replaced. ah well, hopefully a simple fix with a spanner! gonna book the retest for ASAP before my mum kills me for taking her Alfa to work everyday lol!

the only other problem was that there is a really bad imbalance in the rear brakes which i dont understand as she has just had new brake lines and pads all round. i can only assume its the cables???? anyone know?? he managed to pass her for me on those, but the wheel was physically loose, so he had to fail her which is perfectly understandable, he didnt moan about anything else, not even the oil weep which was probably dripping on his face.

so, retest required. nice.

Phil.

Ahhhh not good mate doesnt sound too major though.

As said if the wheel bearing has been recently done the chances are the lock nut has just came loose :)

As for the rear brakes I have no idea? :S

i take it back, i just read the notice of refusal...seems my drivers headlight failed on the "break point" what ever that is.

so, hopefully tuesday nite its gonna have to go to...eeuuggghhhhh....Larne, to have that looked at, and wednesday nite Alan's seeing it for the bearing.

bearing in mind this is the first MOT since the conversion, its a good sign that the engine passed no bother!

Phil.

lol at Ryan.

Liam - no brakes werent tightened up this year, i'm gonna see a dude in Larne (makes me ill even typing that) about doing that, i reckon the handbrake cables need tightened, should solve it.

just thinking this morning, probably not clever to be doin 70miles for headlight alignment with the bearing hanging out, think i'll have to eave the lights til after Alan has a look at the bearing.

retest is booked for next saturday.

oh, the joys.

Phil.

ladies and Gentlemen, we have an MOT!

yeah baby! got my car back!

big big thanks to Alan E and Joel for all their work! cheers lads!!!!

got some blue silicone bulb covers off ebay, fitted one to the illuminated ignition barrel, and gonna get the SR cluster circuit board swapped over soon to fix that up nicely.

B-Pillar bars are ready at Jays - score.

currently running OEM...yes...OEM...headlight bulbs that are truly fugly. I have decided not to waste money on HIDs again, they are too difficult to get a pattern from for MOT, so i think some nice bulbs will just do rightly, plus, uber cheaper than HIDs.

got me car back! woohoo! nice 2 weeks driving the Alfa, but lookin forward to commuting in Project BadgerSports again.

Phil.