Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

few days ago i went out to my car outside the house to find that some wee cunt of a kid a few doors up had put 3nasty scratches on my passenger side 3/4 panel and spoiler. my dads mate informed me of a chap who can work wonders with a buffer so this mornin the car was taken to said chap for some top notch buffing!

he buffed the 3 scratches at the rear, a 4th exisitng one on that panel, my bonnet and the top of the bumper where the mechanic had scuffed it when fitting the mani. i havnt had a chance to wash the paste off yet but he was able to take the worst of it away so HOPEFULLY a good few coats of coloured and clear poilsih and wax SHOULD hide the rest of it! i have to say i was HIGHLY impressed! this dude workin out of a shed with a buffer and some paste and water in the rain, pure class! i was expectin to require a respray of the panel to fix it but for £20 he was able to sort enough of it to keep me content for now and HOPEFULLY have her lookin better for JAE.

still waitin on mechanic to return from holidays to get this rear disc conversion and panhard rod work done!

Phil.

few days ago i went out to my car outside the house to find that some wee cunt of a kid a few doors up had put 3nasty scratches on my passenger side 3/4 panel and spoiler. my dads mate informed me of a chap who can work wonderd with a buffer so this mornin the car was taken to said chap for some top notch buffing!

he buffed the 3 scratches at the rear, a 4th exisitng one on that panel, my bonnet and the top of the bumper where the mechanic had scuffed it when fitting the mani. i havnt had a chance to was the paste off yet but he was able to take the worst of it away so HOPEFULLY a good few coats of coloured and clear poilsih and wax SHOULD hide the rest of it! i have to say i was HIGHLY impressed! this dude workin out of a shed with a buffer and some paste and water in the rain, pure class! i was expectin to require a respray of the panel to fix it but for £20 he was able to sort enough of it to keep me content for now and HOPEFULLY have her lookin better for JAE.

still waitin on mechanic to return from holidays to get this rear disc conversion and panhard rod work done!

Phil.

dam kids y do they do that really pisses me off, glad u got most of the scratches off

cnt wait 2 c the panhard rod wrk done and off course the rear disc convo :lol:

Rear disc conversion? ;)

You kept that a secret didn't ya!!

Exactly what I thought ;)

Should be cool when thats done ;)

Glad she will be shining for JAE for me to see :p:D :D :D

Thanks gang, i thought u all knew about the rear disc conversion? my bad sorry, that was SiCaln's fault!! :D ;) he put the idea in my head and then i phoned Jay and got the parts 2days later! ;) ;) once they're on the discs will clean up themselves and i'lll paint the calipers black, should all be done for JAE.

since fittin the cup holder the cd player i was usin died coincidentaly at the exact same time, so at the mo im runing an older XPlod model with LOTS of added BASS, its awesome! sounds like a sub with no sub!! but it doesnt play MP3 discs...so im getting my bro's cd/dvd head unit worth an absolute FORTUNE!!!! he recently got a new car and is strippin out the seicento for a project :D :D ;) :p:D :D (Geo and Jay know the score!) so he's loanin me his sexual head unit!!! and he thinks he's gettin it back....fool!!! :p:D nah it'll do until he needs it back, probably in a few yrs hopefully, and he may be givin me a 15"Xplod sub to use for a while too for some UBER bass for my heavy metal! i aint gonna say no to some free parts for a while now am i!!!! that would be RUDE!!!!

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Left car in yesterday and collected it today. Rear Disc conversion is done, Whiteline panhard rod is on (but still needs adjusted :p:( ) new exhaust rubbers are on (ohhhh how exciting i know) and a fresh set of EBC Green stuff front pads are on too.

discs are cleanin themselves up already! :p :P bye bye rust!

front pads still need bedded in but i can feel a nice difference from the old knackered green stuff pads (as they took a beatin with the whole seized caliper shat from lst yr).

just need to paint the rear calipers now before JAE, think i'll do that on the 12th (work's closed due to the 12th which is MOST handy!)

Phil.

Replica my pasty white behind my amigo! as far as we could tell when fittin them they are carbon fibre over lay because u can see on the reverse side where the cf stops and its just plastic.

thanks for the kind words gaz man, appreciate it. your engine bay inspired me to chat to my painter today! :p :P

Phil.

because there is so much attention to detail in your bay man that when i look at mine it infuriates me that it looks so poop! urs has inspired me to make more of an effort in that department, so to begin with so parts will require some colour coding, then i'll see about some silicone etc etc etc, your work inspires me dude, simple as that! always has!

Phil.

havnt really driven her too far ye, but i could fel an improved braking feel, tho in fairness this could simply have been due to fresh pads, altho they shouldnt have been so nice so early so some of the improvement could well have been due to the rear discs! put it this way, at present i have no complaints.

@Jay - thanks again for hookin me up with the parts man, mucho appreciated! pleasure doin business wit u! speaking of business wit u, i got some Glanza S injectorss in the mail today so we need to have a chat about a certain ECU! i.e. are u interested in parting with it???? send me a txt sure man if u like!

Phil.