• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can never get bored of seeing pics of this car :p

Looks good mate liking the TRD script

Does your parcel shelf rattle around like fook with the back seats out?

I had a terrible dream about my blue nuts last night :p:p:p

thanks guys!!! @Jay, im really lookin forward to our research dude, my bro will probably come with me because he's also highly intrigued!

@Si, i think u already know the score man! ;) :p :P but i'll chat to u on msn to refresh your memory dude!

@sparkdog, no man it doesnt really ratte al that badly, i thought it would be worse!

got a PM from the Tob-meister today, everything is sound on the wheel front i just need to sell the damn konigs!

Phil.

payed a visit to the shop where i get some of my stuff from, the wheels have had some interest but no sale as yet! ;) :p :P

i did however manage to spend over £100 when i really dont have that money to frickin spend!!! but it means me and mark can crack on with the boot when get some time.

purchased £100 worth of sound proofing and a roll of nice black carpet tho i'll prob need more of this! got some discount for bein a reguar customer of course so wasnt as bad as it could have been!

DSC_0001.jpg

Phil.

Howdy,

Glad to hear your using my idea. I will allow it as long as you do it right. ;).

If you want any help just give me a shout. A little piece of advice for you is to keep some of the car pet you use. Just enough to cover the sub from theiving eyes when your not about.

What sub and speakers are you using?

cheers Bourkey man, really appreciate that!!! and i'll remember that advice man, good point!! thanks!! i'm usin sony xplod 6x9s (not sure where we're puttin them yet tho ;) :( and a 15" sony xplod sub w/ xplod 1600w digital amp (all FREE from my loving bro!!! :( :( )

Thanks Rob man, just be patient man and do it one piece at a time, thats wot im doin!

OK folks, we have started the boot:

Project Boot - Stage 1

Step 1: remove sound equipment and spare wheel and carpet from boot.

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

Step 2: remove spare wheel strut using hammer and brute force and ignorance!

DSC_0001-1.jpg

Step 3: Fill in rivets from strut w/ screw heads and silcon sealer

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

Step 4: hoover out crap from years of father's abuse of the car!!! :p :P

Step 5: Polish sexy cusco strut whilst silcon dries!

Step 6: Fit Stinger Expert Roadkill Trunk Kit (remember to leave a suitable bolt exposed for amp earth connection!)

DSC_0007-2.jpg

DSC_0008-3.jpg

DSC_0009-3.jpg

Step 7: LUNCH w/ COFFEE!!!! :p:( :(

Step 8: cut wood for sub and amp

DSC_0010-4.jpg

DSC_0011-2.jpg

Step 9: cut round hole for sub

DSC_0012-2.jpg

Step 10: cut holes for amp wires

DSC_0014-2.jpg

Step 11: level it off using small pieces of wood on the underside of your new floor

Step 12: add extra wood to edges to level entire boot area

Step 13: get your ass some glass fibre!

DSC_0015-2.jpg

End of Stage 1...To Be Continued...

Phil.

cheers dude, appreciate that! we're gonna take a look at the glass fibre tonight when mark gets home from work, see where we are from there.

98% of the credit goes to mark tho, the engineerin of the whole thing is his brain child, all i do is pay for parts and hold things whilst he cuts ;)

Nath has told us off for not usin dust masks when cuttin MDF tho...sorry nath! :(:p :P :p:( :( :(

Long ways to go yet, i at least want to have it makin noise before next fridays meet if not totally finished.

Phil.

Project Boot - Stage 2

Step 14: ensure earth, phono and power wires are adequate lengths to manoeuver under floor. ATTENTION - power and earth cables are LIVE! either remove appropriate fuses or be very careful they dont touch anything metal! sparks fly!! they can make a mess of your panels and parts!

Step 15: run earth, phono and power cables before securing new floor

Step 16: apply glass fibre and leave to set (we're leaving it overnight).

DSC_0005-2.jpg

Phil.

That 15" Sony sub is pretty good. The shape of it stops it distorting easily at the top end. On downside is that its a bit heavier but the sound quality speaks for itself.

Im sorry to say i've never really liked Sony's speakers as the others in the same price range sound better. But if you got them for free you can't complain at all. I was going to put 6x9's in mine but i decided not to in the end just because it sounded great as it was.

But if i was going to mount them anywhere i'd have them in the place where the rear bench was as there are two small dents where the rear passengers sat. Id have one in each dent.

REMEMBER: Dont put the power cable down the side with the petrol tank. If you have any petrol spilages and they get to that power cable. You car will cook completely in less than five min.

Thats a pretty damn good job your doing there phil. Keep up the good work. ;)

thanks for the replies guys!

we have somethin special in progress for the 6x9s, we were originally gonna do as u suggested bourkey man but then we need somewhere to put stuff for the treks to JAE, so i think we'll put somethin lightweight where the seats we and just carpet it over, the 6x9 work is in progress, it shall be revealed once completed, wana keep a wee surprise for interests sake really!

got more done today which i'll thro up after my coffee, ran out of fibre glass so thats holdin us up until tomorrow then its full steam ahead again.

Phil.

Project Boot - Stage 3

Step 17: sand down rough parts of glass fibre

DSC_0001-2.jpg

Step 18: stick down side pieces to fill boot w/ suitable adhesive

Step 19: using old boot carpet as a template cut new carpet to shape of boot space (remember to cut it slightly larger to allow for coverage of edges of floor). at present its still slightly too large but this will be adressed when the floor is completely finished

DSC_0002-3.jpg

Step 20: mock up sub and amp and drill screw holes

DSC_0004-3.jpg

came to a bit of a stop due to lack of more fibre glass but that'll be sorted tomorrow, so work on the 6x9s was done instead to get them started. also, the carpet was MEANT to be black, turned out to be charcoal grey, i would have been annoyed but it actually matches the colour of the factory front carpet which means when its joined together it should look smart and tidy so that actually turned out better!

Phil.