Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys! Keirz man i get it from a local motorsport accessories shop who keep all sorts of things for ice etc etc.

ok tonight we got the boot finished, that just leaves where the rear seats were, the front door cards and wot we're up to with the 6x9s. I need another couple of rools of carpet which is a bastard at £25 each, so in total the parts to make this instal will cost WELL in excess of £200/£250...now considering i had the wood already in the garage and was GIVEN the amp and sub and half the wires and am usin a loaner head unit from fogdog until mark puts his back in i have to say HOLY FUCK i never expected it to hurt my wallet this much! At least 3 rolls of capret, 3 fibre glass kits at £12ish each, 2things of glue at £5each (will probably need more for front door cards!), sound deadening at £100, powercable wasnt cheap etc etc etc it just goes on and on and on!!! ITS RIDICULOUS!!!!!

anyway, onwards!

Project Boot - Stage 3 continued

Step 21: get your ass more fibre glass and apply to floor edge boards to secure to main floor board

Step 22: once hardened trim away any upstanding fibres

Step 23: get your ass some copydex adhesive

DSC_00041.jpg

Step 24: apply copydex generously to floor and fit carpet, trimmin where necessary

DSC_00051.jpg

Step 25: cut hole in carpet for sub and slice slits for amp wires

DSC_00061.jpg

Step 26: fit amp and using a needle or skewer or pin tap the screw holes in the carpet to the pre-drilled screwholes in the floor (do NOT tap using screws straight away as it will make a total mess of the capret). Fit screws

Step 27: connect wires to amp

DSC_00071.jpg

Step 28: connect wires to sub and fit and screw down to floor

Step 29: Stand back and admire your (brother's) handy work!!!!!

DSC_00081.jpg

Step 30: Turn it on and ROCK OUT!!!!!!!!

Goin to buy more carpet tomorrow to allow us to continue on with where the rear bench used to be and the front door cards. thanks for readin this boot project, hope it can be of use to someone else someday! we had a total ball doin this as its the first thing like this we'e ever tried! never used fibre glass before but u learn from your mistakes and u learn as u go along so if your a hands on kind of person like my bro is then give it a bash, I've detailed as much of it as is necessary (except for stuff like hooverin out dust etc before screwin down the sub).

Phil.

Thanks Gaz man, most of the credit has to go to my bro's hands tho, i heped where i could but most of it came from his head!

@Geo - we've been at it for 5days man, since last thursday through til today (lack of certain ingredients held us up for a few hrs tho) and we still have a good 2 maybe 3days work left to do to it tho we've started some of it already! :p:):D :D all shall be revealed in due course within a few days all bein well!

Phil.

thanks guys!!! and idrees it sounds grand man!!! boot lid rattles alot tho! :):D

ok folks the boot install is now finished, rear speakers are fitted and workin and shall be revealed at tomorrows meet. also, where the rear bench was has been addressed, we inserted wooden struts and made a thin mdf floor that sits ontop of the struts and has also been carpeted. i know its a fair bit of wood and carpet but its DEFO lighter than the seats and spare wheel lol....tho the sub is a heavy bastard, but still, not as heavy as it was!

waitin for more carpet to arrive for the front door cards, fuck this fancy upholstery shite i cant be arsed with that, audio carpet for me!!!!!! she had her annual exhaust check yesterday, she's all sound!!! :D:p :P B)

i'v also had some news on my old wheels so fingers are CROSSED!!! should know if a few days! then its on to Toby baby!!!!!!

i'll fire up photos of the install after the meet, gotta leave a little somethin to maintain interest!

Phil.

thanks si, that means alot. i know my choice of wheels wont be to everyones taste but i freakin love them. i cant help it!! they just call out to me!! constantly! i cant picture anything else on my car! i will of course keep everyone posted on the sale of the old wheels and the ordering of the new ones! :):D :D :p :P

Phil.