Nanglebadgers work in progress

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a wee update...got the passenger buckt seat fitted there on saturday night (10/12/05). Turns out universal subframes are CRAP people so be aware, neither of mine had A-frames and so one had to be welded onto the passenger subframe and im hopefully gettin one welded to the drivers at the end of the week...apparently they will NOT pass MOT without it (altho the drivers one went through ok in sept there). PLUS, my mechanic has noticed that Powerflow fitted the drivers seat at an angle B) so that needs sorted too!

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok ok, TRD sunstrip has arrived, as have the oil pressure and volts gauges and Nomad pillar pod, waitin on Apexi power intake and Cusco Front strut. Goin to breakers tomorrow to HOPEFULLY pick up skirts, spoiler and wind deflectors (or at least thats the plan). Skirts and spoiler will prob sit in the garage til i get the front splitter off scutch0 as it'll be cheaper to spray them all at once. Will get some pics of seats and gauges when the gauges have been fitted. Sunstrip will keep til someday when i get the rear windows tinted.

Phil.

yeah, sounds like its gonna look nice dude. i should hopefully be removing the front bumper at some point in the next two weeks, so i hope to be making a mould within the coming months. :)

Rich.

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!

Picked up the parts today, £210 for skirts, spoiler and wind deflectors...not bad!!!! All in good nick, esp the spoiler. Only things i need are the front parts of the skirts that go behind the front wheel arches (the bits u see in SiCalns avatar) and the fixings, hopefully not too expensive. They all need sprayed so was thinkin of waitin til the splitter is ready but might go ahead with them and leave fittin/paintin the splitter til i get the new bonnet (IF i get the new bonnet...lol...sorry Si :D ).

Other than that the only other exterior work i wana do is the wheels. Need windows and sunstrip done too B) OH the expenses!!!!! B):rolleyes:

Will keep ya's posted.

Phil.

Cheeers Geo mate, good to have u back.

I take it u mean my dad?? He thinks its class, its persuaded him to lower his Barchetta and he fancies a strut too!!!! Plus we got a start button fitted to his motor for his b'day, loves it. :rolleyes: My mum on the other hand can barely see over the steerin wheels because of the seats B):D

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Volt gauge and oil pressure gauge fitted with Nomad pillar pod last night, oil pressure still needs wired up as im waitin on an extension sleeve bein machined for it to fit to the block. Problem is that the new sender is MUCH MUCH arger than the original plug and theres a random bulge on the outside of the block that preventin it from screwing in so need an extension made to bring it out past the random bulge. Extension cant be too long tho sa the gearbox mounts are close by aswell, as is the coolong fan...wot a bastard!!!! Get some pics including second bucket seat and strut when i get the car washed soon.

Phil.

@Si, its not bad mate aye, the colour and texture is identical, the fit t the bottom is good, not so tight at the top but that may be due to all the wires and small black transformers in behind the gauges, the velcro holds it no probs tho.

@Scutch, it is a pure bollox dude. The original one is not required dude, apparently it shouldnt be sending anything to the ECU at all so theres no hassle in replacin it with the new sender. This machined part is gonna cost aboout £15-£25 at least dude. Do u want me to phone and request a second one be made too or do u wana wait to be sure that this solves my problem before requesting one??

Phil.