Cheers liam, I beleve you have coilovers now to.

Thanks electranova

@Ryan spots do look good but are not that easy to get in a sit right

@ Luke I'll be there silly question mate I'll be flying like a G6 on the track :wacko:

Missed you to john cheers

Russle cheers mate wasn't sure how it would turn out but as soon as I applied the yellow it was s keeper

Cheers Chris, I don't need a set dude just spend it on the corolla dude and hurry. Fancy a hand this weekend?

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol hint hint! :)

Really don't see a need for catch cans as there no proper way of getting the plumbed with out pissing about, tbh anyone that know how a rocket breather works wouldnt have one to.

Lol hint hint! :)

Really don't see a need for catch cans as there no proper way of getting the plumbed with out pissing about, tbh anyone that know how a rocket breather works wouldnt have one to.

lol, you said it bro, like the fools that run from 1 thw the can and thn back to other, Ooch this is the worst way toput a catch can in, its doing less thn nothing and will cause u problems. i have seen som bad examples on here of how not to do it. Hehehehe

and trust me that front pully is heavy, a lightend 1 will help take loud off the crank.

If having a catch can is such a bad thing then why do everyone who runs one not have problems, like you say? Just wondering what the problem is.

Rocker cover looks great Luke!

They do they just don't relise it the breather that connect to the efi pipe feeds fresh filtered air into the engine the one connected to the manifold draws that air in, it does this to stop the engine from sweating constant heating and cooling causes moisture the standard system is constantly drawing that moisture out, the way people plumb there catch cans up so both lines go to the can is basically doing nothing but building the moisture up in the engine. it's not even catching the oil that would technically be drawn into the engine so basically useless or just bling causing problems

I've got a inlet and braket halfway through paint mate ready to go on :), I don't keep on top of it I just dont do alot of milage in it.

They do they just don't relise it the breather that connect to the efi pipe feeds fresh filtered air into the engine the one connected to the manifold draws that air in, it does this to stop the engine from sweating constant heating and cooling causes moisture the standard system is constantly drawing that moisture out, the way people plumb there catch cans up so both lines go to the can is basically doing nothing but building the moisture up in the engine. it's not even catching the oil that would technically be drawn into the engine so basically useless or just bling causing problems

yep, and how many oil leaks do u hear of like pauls V keeps blowing seals cause he has a catch can plumbed the worst way across his rocker cover and he if running high booste presure. tut tut tut. this engine does not need a can in my opinion. and im yet to see 1 plumed in right.

plz learn to trust in me lads as i do not guess i know how it works, and it is so very basic and the function it does think i learnt about engine breathing in my first year at collage.

we should call our selfs the myth buster lol

Autosol and wire wool the inlet mani brings it up nice. Just as a temp.

Like the rocker cover was wanting to do this the other week when i done mine. Wasnt sure if it was hollow underneath though so i left it.

Obviously Not, Good Work!

Nar mate don't want it to look half cooked, I'll just swap it over if I have time Friday morning...... I need to get inlet gasket first so prob not till after japfest

Gutted about the engine letting go mate, just goes to show that 2nd hand engines need to be thoroughly checked over or rebuilt.

Onwards and upwards though look forward to seeing what you and the main man Chris does to it :(

Thing is my engine is the oringinal low milage engine done 38k and it's never been apart :s

so it just goes to show any engine can go at anytime it's just one of them things, not got the car back yet, will get it wednesday so will start the strip and rebuild process. Might be selling a few parts to fund it though not sure what yet maybe the 3rd rev Gt hybrid. As it's only done 1k