• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Phil and Ryan, it's all part of modifying. If your going to push limits something's going to go eventually. It could back up and running by sunday as I have loads of spare pistons and standard head gaskets are cheap.

Small update. I've spent Friday night and all day sat in the yard looking in to my problem and yes ringlands have failed luckily I've found two spare pistons the correct size to fit.

I've now swapped out the pistons and checked the other two and there still mint. I'm just sat having a break typing this and then head back on and new cam belt.

Should be running by the end of the night..... Fingers crossed.

On a good note my engine is like new inside everything still looks polished an machined inside, none of that black brown coating on any of the parts.

I'm going to see if what I've done will last out till Xmas and from then till now I'll collect the bits needed to semi-forge my engine. With all new main big end and trust ACL bearings.

I'll post up the picture I've took and maybe a vid of its first start up so you can all see it blow up lol.

few picture from my engine internals...... just look how clean it is.

my rod on the left (early GT engine with silver cam cover)and a late gt/glanza/na rod on the right

4eb82d40.jpg

686b1efc.jpg

edf55fd6.jpg

7f8c869d.jpg

aa1a30d7.jpg

1a49122b.jpg

3adb30cc.jpg

e863dd3a.jpg

0e2dd42f.jpg

and no my head has not been rebuilt its just super clean

4951ecca.jpg

Cheers phil..... And it's all fixed. 2.5 days and £65 in parts and win win.

Just got a few more things to sort but all in all it's back on my drive and Rhun-ninG.

Nope no messing mate!

Little update. Cars running great, got new zorst on its way but it to make a custom one so will be chopped up.

New front seats getting picked up tomorrow and i should be able to recover the rear as I'm getting a full interior

And full option lip kit in the making just need to sort out front lip, as I have the rear and duck in my possition

Yeh I kind of fell out with it when the engine seized up but slowly getting back into it. I'm no by no means spending the type of money I spent last time, I'm just doing a few cosmetics and aiming for a strong engine.

I've got a really good base engine to start with super low mileage and super clean inside, oil is still like honey just eliminating the weak points of the engine.... Big ends, ringlands.... Already have the thicker rods and they is a huge difference between them.

New seats in.

041e7aed.jpg

a14d9a89.jpg

4efb12db.jpg

c7563470.jpg

eed71e63.jpg

These seats are awesomely comfy but can anyone guess/tell what there out of?

Bonus the two from bracket need modifing ever so slightly then they line up to the original holes which means only the two rear bracket need cutting off and the original brackets welding on.

So they slide on the original rails and drivers seat adjusts up and down. Plus I got the rear bench out of the other car so I can use the material to recover my rear seats

My original rear lip fitted back on!