• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was gutted for you mate but it will be back :p VERY SOON :D

P.S Anyone breaks down dont worry Lee's Glanza S can pull you :p

did you make lee pull it :lol:

and hope you get her up and running soon mate! and thanks for the stickers on sunday :D

Was gutted for you mate but it will be back :p VERY SOON :p

P.S Anyone breaks down dont worry Lee's Glanza S can pull you :lol:

haha yeah, ill run my very own UKSC towing service :D

did you make lee pull it :D

and hope you get her up and running soon mate! and thanks for the stickers on sunday :D

yeah with fooked front suspension, you could feel it, to be honest wouldnt be ideal to have a turbo tow it lol!

cant wait til the cars back on its feet, its still an awesome car and can only get better!!! :D

yep this has realy opened my eyes to these engines, cant wait to open the engine up and see if we can pin point wat exactly went wrong, and y. was not expecting this at all like u said its extremly low milage and u do everything to maintain and keep her heathy.

and you was just building your speed up on the track getting the feel, wen the oil presure dropped. not tatering it.

realy cant wait to find wat went wrong. make it stronger. thn on to finding the next weakness, lol

Going to be striping the engine as of the 27th may and I've decide as of yesterday which direction this project is going. For youz that are on the know keep it ;)

Cheers lads, got other stuff to sort/fix before I even start this, the bus need 2 driveshafts and my vinyl cutter needs looking at. Which is why ice set myself a start date of Friday ;)

Cheers lads, got other stuff to sort/fix before I even start this, the bus need 2 driveshafts and my vinyl cutter needs looking at. Which is why ice set myself a start date of Friday :D

You not splitting i hope :D

The vinyl cutter i mean :p:p:D if so Jack is doing a sign writing an graphics course next year an we need to have a chat about whats required ;)

John

• 4 months later...

Well were to start.......

after replacing my engine and going out of my way to find a super low milage MK1 GT engine (thicker rods) I decide I wated to go down the TD04 route.

Well all going well I'm collecting parts........ Mani, decat, turbo, oil and water lines gaskest, I've even bought some Stainless mig wire and argon gas so I can brace everything to the max. So I'm now at the point where I can start bolting it on. Well my engine started to have a slight misfire on idle so I thought plugs...... changed still there..... leads arent that old so I left them ad compression tested all the cylinders

Pot 1. 10bar

Pot 2. 6bar

Pot 3. 10bar

Pot 4. 10bar

Can anyone spot where the fail is?!?!?

well my first tought was gummed/carboned rings so I poored some WD down the pot and left for 1hour sucked it all out put it together ran it till the the exhaust gasses went clear and it had warmed back up and compession tested it again.

Pot 1. 10bar

Pot 2. 8bar

Pot 3. 10bar

Pot 4. 10bar

I though yeh sorted well kind of its anyway and tht slight missfire had gone woop!

anyway 3days later Its taking 20-30seconds of cranking for it to start when cold my exhaust note changed and I lost power on low revs and its not boosting till 3.5k oooopppppps! so pulled the dipstick while it was running and backpressure and smoke.

so tomorrow I'm going to comp test again to see what I've got and if its rings I'm going to drop some forged pistons in it and port/polish my head. I dont need to do the rods because there the thicker ones and I'm not going to be putting silly boost through it

and I just want some peice of mind by elliminating the weak point which seems to be ring lands.

anyway now I've told you all that I'm going getting some prices.

EDIT: oh yeh I broke my 6speed box again so I binned it and put 5speed in it