Starlet Nath's Glanza Conversion

Nice to see a decent update Nath :(

Things certainly seem to be moving better now that you've cleared out the garage.

Keep it up mate. Not too long now!

Cheers Jozman,

Hopefully things will get moving, I'll get the looms off and modified. Take everything off and put to one side that I'm keeping and then I can transfer the engine onto a small pallet.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one man :(

Really coming along quick now. How much would you charge - once your project is finished - to un-attatch your garage and send it to me via courier? would love one that size!

The only problem with a bigger garage is you fill it with more stuff!!!

Once the car is done I should have plenty of room :(

Well a quick update for tonight,

I'm adding some more labels to the wiring looms, all the connectors are removed from the engine :harhar:

I've pulled out the loom that comes out of the passenger side into the engine bay.

I've just broken for some tea, but my plan is to remove the loom that comes out of the drivers side into the engine bay and pull the engine loom through the bulkhead tonight :)

Anyway I'll get back to it :)

Coming along nicely Nath, are you shortening the loom? Few grams to be saved there keep it up :)

Yes thats right Toby, I'm slimming down the wiring looms, No A/C, no radio, no ABS and maybe no heaters :)

Anyway I have managed to do what I set out to do this evening, the engine bay loom and fusebox is out and also the engine loom is out.

Progress260109001.jpg

Progress260109002.jpg

An box full of wiring looms

Progress260109003.jpg

Tomorrows task: dismantle the dash :harhar:

sweet man what car is the loom from 96/97 or 98/99?

Its a 98/99 spec loom mate, I still need both floor looms as yet :)

The one that goes along the drivers side and the one that comes down the middle, so anyone who knows where there is a 98 spec that I can get those bits off I'd be well appreciative :harhar:

98/99 V or UK n/a?

the one with climate control or switches?!

Si are you having a blond moment? I have removed my looms from the front cut which is a 98 spec V, yes it has climate control with switches rather than cables to adjust where the air flow goes to

dont suppose ud swap it with me? because mine has the push buttons, so would save u that job and i wna fit the push buttons, save u doing the trimmage of those parts?!

Unfortunately mate my loom is damage, where the wires come up for the mirrors some t :harhar: :) t chopped them off. So would need fixing, but I assume you'll need the loom for the engine bay as there will be additional wiring for powering the electrics that operate the flow flap

i could repair that, u wouldnt want em either would u? ie no leccy mirrors

dya reckon im not sure, think it all goes on in the car? can i have the old heater box and other bits?

Well I'm gonna start stripping the dash tonight so I'll have a look. Yes you can mate for a reasonable sum :harhar:

Gonna replace the heater box with something alot smaller :)

sweet man, put it all to the side for me please, ill buy em and we may be able to swap dash looms too, ill drive to u and the we can swap

Its fraught with danger, looks like you'll have to stop over at mine :)

We could potentially remove everything, transfer it all across and then it does not work. But I have no problem with you coming up to mine, its just something you'll have to bear in mind :harhar:

the other way is if your gna be a while before getting to the interior, you could send it to me and ill swap it all over then send u mine back

I'd rather not do it that way mate :harhar:

Anyway here is a couple of pics for you

Heatercontrols.jpg

Is this what you were looking for?

Heatercontrols2.jpg

Progress270109003.jpg

Progress270109004.jpg

Progress270109005.jpg

Progress270109006.jpg

Progress270109007.jpg

Nath are you cutting out the dash and re-installing or are you removing completely in favour of something like a stack dash?

Again loving this project always keeping an eye credit to the forum mate :(

T

There will be nothing left of the orginal dash, the dash bar will go. Not sure whether I will get a carbon fibre dash manufactured, or just make something out of alloy. I will be using a Stack dash display unit, as for the heater I will be ditching the starlet one and getting something smaller, simpler and lighter but still utilising a heater matrix.

SWEET! thats some hardcore progress there my friend!!! keep it up!

Phil.

Cheers Philius,

am aiming to get the engine out the front cut as soon as I can and then I'll get the scrap man to come and collect whats left :)

So keep your eyes peeled

Nath :(

Jesus Christ!! Has alex put a rocket up your arse?? you seem to be motoring at the mo!! Or has your love just been re-ignited??? :)

does the front cut have a shifter in??

Cheeky t :(:) t :(

I have 3 gearsticks with cables, why do you need one?