Starlet Nath's Glanza Conversion

Not much of an update tonight

I have removed the dash loom off the dash as seen in the first picture from last nights pictures, also started to take all the nuts off that hold the heater matrix in place.

Tomorrow night I will take out the heater matrix, remove the steering column and that'll be about it for the interior side of the front cut. I'll then take the ARB, hubs and the lower arms off then the last thing to remove will be drain the gearbox and remove the drive shafts and then I'll be ready to remove the engine fom the front cut :(

My offer of help still hasn't arrived yet, in the mean time I'll struggle on on my own :) (don't worry Phil I know you come round every night if you lived here!!!)

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn straight i would buddy and u know it!!!! hell yeah! i told u that years ago!!!

glad to hear u got more progress done tonight again mate! nice one!

Phil.

Even if it was just a little bit, I still got something done. I'm a step closer to getting the engine out :(

Well here's tonights update

I have removed the heater matrix

Progress290109007.jpg

Then I removed the brake and clutch pedals

Progress290109008.jpg

Progress290109010.jpg

Only the steering column and the gearstick to remove and the interior side is finished

Progress290109011.jpg

Started to take apart the front hub assembly, but as it hasn't got a damper attached to it I was fighting a losing battle. So I've given up for tonight, I'll fit a spare damper I have in the garage tomorrow and I can get the drive shaft nut off then I'll take the lower arm off :(

Just a quick update..

After speaking to a guy from Competition Supplies at the Autosport International Show in early January I have decided to fit a Tilton Pedal box. Unfortunately the pedal box has only just come out and hasn't reached our shores yet. But I already have my order in and it should be here in early April ready for the shell going for it's cage.

Anyway here is the catalogue, the pedal box I'm getting is on pages 2 & 3 :thumbsup:

Well had about 10 minutes on the front cut tonight

Removed the driveshaft nut on the passenger side, then removed the caliper and bracket.

Progress050209001.jpg

Anybody fancy these Glanza calipers?

Progress050209002.jpg

Progress050209003.jpg

Got the day off tomorrow so maybe I'll get quite a bit done

Well had the day off today so done a few bits and pieces on the front cut

I finished off stripping the passenger side hub

Progress060209002.jpg

However it wasn't straight forward, after spending ages trying to split the driveshaft from the front hub. So I ended up spliting the driveshaft and leaving one end in the gearbox

Progress060209001.jpg

Progress060209003.jpg

Split hubs from lower arms and dropped them off

Progress060209004.jpg

Then repeated on the drivers side

Progress060209005.jpg

Progress060209006.jpg

All removed parts

Progress060209007.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
lol

That's from some time ago!! Not going for House Of Kolor anymore cost too much :drunk2:

But anyway its a track car so 205 Satin Black will be fine :surrender:

Lol, I like House of Kolor. Used alot of their paint, especially the candy, why don't you go for mg trophy blue to be different?

Also. You selling any parts????

Thanks

Damien