Starlet Nath's Glanza Conversion

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh my god!! a stack display... described in 1 word: AWESOMENESS.

Well I priced up putting some Defi's etc, and for what I was going to have to fork out for them I could easily afford a Stack dash display which gives me everything I want plus I can put alarm set point . But I wanted a seperate boost gauge, so I'm going for a Stack boost gauge which has stepper drive.

I plan to get all my bits done and get all the parts I need to send it away with for its cage and other bit by the begining of April, hopefully I will have it back before the end of April and it can go away for paint. Then the fun begins B)

Went way down South yesterday to James's(HardCore) house which was in Hartly, Kent.

We picked up his boot lid as this is one of the few parts I didn't have!!!

Anyway here are some pics of it on the shell, I had to fit it as there is no reall room to put it at the minute, oh and I have finished fitting the sockets in the garage today so I won't be stuck for electric in the garage now :surrender:

Anyway here are my pics

NewRearend.jpg

Thought I'd stick the spoiler on to get it out of the back bedroom, well happy now :surrender:

NewRearend2.jpg

NewRearend3.jpg

Liking the STACK dash idea. Its the first 1 i have seen on a starlet.

Also how r u going to atach yuor spoiler onto the bott lid?

Kepp up the good work

It is a Glanza bootlid so it attaches in the way it normally does mate. It slides down onto some clips and then there are 2 bolts that go through from the inside of the bootlid into the spoiler.

Thanks for your comments

Nath :lol:

Good to see parts making their way way onto the car :p

Got an rough idea of when abouts she'll be finished?

Well MJ,

I know I sound like a broken record but I'm gonna get it finished this year. After a trip to the autosport international show we are now refocused on where we are going, a few more parts to obtain before it can go for its cage and other bits doing but its now taking shape. Might have to call in a few favours and get some labour in to give me a push (you know who you are :lol: )

nice project u got there what colour you going? i notice the spoiler is midnight purple! :lol:

A very nice colour it is too :p

However as it will be a track car and not really a showy car I am going for a straight Toyota 205 Black exterior, thinking of maybe a different colour for the interior but not sure??

Well had some free time today so I thought I would roll the car out, clear some room in the garage and uncover the front cut.

1. To make sure everything was o.k.
  2. To start marking all plugs up to aid refitting in my shell & so I can remove redundant wiring to save weight :(

Anyway here are some pics for you all.

Car rolled out

Progress240109001.jpg

My Front cut

Progress240109002.jpg

Progress240109003.jpg

Progress240109004.jpg

Progress240109010.jpg

Progress240109012.jpg

Nice one Nath.. cant wait to see it complete - its getting there slowly :(

Tell me about it, it feels like every time I start to get something done on the car something comes up to stop me working on it for a while!!

Anyway I'm looking forward to getting those last 2 members on my group buy and then get the Glanza S carbon fibre bonnets in manufacture :(

Right here is todays update:

As there is some parts of the engine loom that are not easily accessable from the top, so I decided it was time to finally remove the front cut off its pallet that it arrived on 4 years ago. But first I had to shift lots of stuff out of the garage, its amazing how much stuff can accumilate in your garage when you move from a single to a double one!!

Progress250109010.jpg

Progress250109008.jpg

Anyway after some jigging back and forward with the pallet truck I got it into a position where I could use the engine crane to lift the front cut up as a whole. So with a few straps I had I rigged up the front cut, lifted it up and then removed the pallet from beneath it.

Progress250109001.jpg

Progress250109002.jpg

Progress250109003.jpg

Progress250109004.jpg

Then after some more jigging back and forward with the engine crane I got it back in the corner and dropped it onto some axles stands, thus giving easy access to underneath :(

Progress250109006.jpg

Progress250109007.jpg

One massive pallet surplus to requirements!!

Progress250109009.jpg

Hopefully will get chance to do some more on the front cut during this week, hope you liked the update :(