Starlet Nath's Glanza Conversion

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my 2c :lol: And Nath great progress by the way love seeing them in the flesh! Hope you get that wheel sorted as well buddy I'll keep an eye on this sorry for spamming the thread but leave the rear axle as it is!

T

No worries Toby you're not spamming my thread.

Was gonna get some TRD bushes for the rear beam as it is anyway, but I understand they're not making them any more? When are your poly bush kits coming out?

The idea of making a new rear axle is so I can adjust camber and toe in :)

Hey mate,

Yeah 4 weeks for our TT full Antilift kits, 3 weeks for ARB Poly Bushes, 3 weeks for Poly Rear Arm bushes and the others will be shortly after that. Doing every possible bush in poly. I personally would not bother using any camber or toe on the rear waste of time for what is invloved just get some negative camber on the front, some positive castor and go from there. :lol:

Edit: If we can pull 3G's through the corners without rear adjustments so can you :)

T

No worries Toby you're not spamming my thread.

Was gonna get some TRD bushes for the rear beam as it is anyway, but I understand they're not making them any more? When are your poly bush kits coming out?

The idea of making a new rear axle is so I can adjust camber and toe in :lol:

Hey mate,

Yeah 4 weeks for our TT full Antilift kits, 3 weeks for ARB Poly Bushes, 3 weeks for Poly Rear Arm bushes and the others will be shortly after that. Doing every possible bush in poly. I personally would not bother using any camber or toe on the rear waste of time for what is invloved just get some negative camber on the front, some positive castor and go from there. :lol:

Edit: If we can pull 3G's through the corners without rear adjustments so can you :)

T

Well I've got a Whiteline antilift kit so I'm alright there, but I haven't got a poly bush for the front of the control arms yet!! There is a company that does them, just haven't been arsed to order it because they do sizes and I'm not sure which control arms I'm using!!

As for the rear beam, I was gonna leave that til I've got it up and running. After what you've said I'm sure it'll be fine :lol:

Just wish I didn't have to go to work and could just get on with the car :)

Any sign of the brakes yet dude? Might need them parts back just after xmas when it goes for it cage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought I'd build up my engine crane today, only had it since October!!!

Now its built I can look at moving the front cut and getting the engine out of it.

Went to the autosport international show on Friday, talked to many interesting people and made lots of decisions about the way forward. We even had a personal helmet fitting session with Nicky Grist (Colin McRae's co-driver) and his missus, Stilo helmets rock :lol:

Anyway here's some before and after shots of my engine crane

Enginecrane.jpg

Enginecrane2.jpg

Enginecrane3.jpg

how is the deadline going mate?

Well I have deadline to work to before it goes in for its cage, after going to the autosport show I have decided what pedal box I am going to use. As it is new on Tilton's product range it is not in the country as yet, but will be in the begining of April.

Sockets are nearly installed round the garage, they should be finished tomorrow. Was planning to get some metal for my roll over spit this weekend, however I going down south to pick up a bootlid instead.

Now the engine crane is built I can look at taking the engine out of the front cut (finally some of you might say!!), this means I can get rid of all the metal work, put the engine and looms on a smaller pallet which will give more room to work around the car :p

I have decided on seats, harnesses, pedal box and who is going to install my cage for me (DJM). But the next big decision is do I go for a fuel cell or not?