My Troublesome Turbocharged Terror

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wil be the last update for a long time, as I'm off to hong kong on thursday, then I'll be seeing some of china, south korea and japan for four months! :(

So anyway....

I received, hacked up and fitted my new black '98 spec bumper today, I think it looks good but really needs the oem splitter and the rough cuts smoothed to really finish it off;

CIMG2985.jpg

CIMG2989.jpg

CIMG2997.jpg

CIMG2995.jpg

Also the previous weeked I attempted to give the car a good polish but only got as far as the rear! :homer:

Still I was happy with the way it came up;

CIMG2950.jpg

CIMG2949.jpg

CIMG2946.jpg

So thats how the car will remain for the next few months, hidden away, hopefully come july I'll have an update with a few new bits I might pick up in jdm land.:angry:

Looking good mate the blacks look awsome when they are polished up :D

You may not have your Evo seats when you come back :angry:

Have fun on your trip :(

Dont forget pics :(:p

Looking good mate the blacks look awsome when they are polished up :angry:

You may not have your Evo seats when you come back :(

Have fun on your trip

Dont forget pics

Cheers man, the metallic really comes out when polished which I love. :p

The car is going to be hidden away as I said,so you'll have t find it first to get the seats! :(

looking well decent with the new front bumper on it man,

enjoy your holiday bud

Cheers mate, the 98 front is so much better! :D

Also don't worry I'll take plenty of pics, I'm going to see a round of the D1GP in Okayama which should be awesome! :D

• 4 months later...

Well since I've been back in the UK for over 1 day now I thought it was about time I did some more mods to the car, as thats whats important its not like I've got a large overdraft and need to find a job..... :lol:

So anyway I picked up a few small parts when I was in "teh JDM" as some might say, nothing exciting as I didn't manage to get to any proper tuning places, so these are the bits:

CIMG9330.jpg

A TRD horn button (which I don't even have a wheel for!), a Razo 340R gear knob (nice and heavy just how I like my knobs), Razo Formula Spec Pedals and a Silk Road/Section engine torque damper.

Et voila the shiny new parts fitted:

CIMG9340.jpg

CIMG9337.jpg

CIMG9335.jpg]

I can't say what differnce any of the parts make as I can't drive the car at the moment since it needs tax and an oil change, but reversing it out the garage was exciting and at least it started nice and easily first time despite the fact it hasn't moved in 4 months. ^_^

Also I should have another update in a day or so as I have a quite a few more bits on the way, so stay tuned for that! :wub:

Comments welcome, cheers. :p

Todays events

Firstly the good:

Well finally I finished what I started yesterday, so first of all I began stripping! :p

After that I removed my cars rear seats, parcel shelf and various interior parts so I could get the old seat belts out like so:

Seats out:

CIMG9350.jpg

I drew the line at keeping these out as they seem to provide a bit of structural strength between the b-pillar and floor, but they had to come out to access the belt mechanism:

CIMG9351.jpg

Old belts out:

CIMG9352.jpg

With most panels out:

CIMG9349.jpg

So with all those parts out I could then fit my new harnesses, omp road one's which I got for a bargain £46:

CIMG9355.jpg

The co-pilots happy he finally gets a nice seat.

CIMG9354.jpg

CIMG9358.jpg

With them fitted I could move onto my new item which I received yesterday, a very sexy OMP Corsica steering wheel and boss kit:

CIMG9348.jpg

I finally got it fitted today after borrowing a star drive which I didn't have but needed to get the old wheel off, now that its fitted I'm very pleased with how the interior looks:

CIMG9360.jpg

CIMG9363.jpg

CIMG9364.jpg

I'm well chuffed now, however I still havent had the car out as it has no bonnet, which leads me on to...

The Bad

I had agreed with Idrees and his brother to swap my glanza v bonnet for his bro's glanza s bonnet, so I wrapped up my bonnet as best I could and sent it off with parcelfarce on monday, it arrived today with Idrees very bent:

So I'm very pissed off ;) I'm going to try and claim money back for it and buy a brand new S bonnet, my hopes aren't high of getting compo but I'm going to pester them everyday until they give me some money!