Turbo Boost Off?

Kidha? I got a boost controller of ebay that £20 one with ball and spring type, how far can i turn the boost down? I would prefer it to be completely off lol Might sound strange but i need it, hopefully i'll do more then 80 miles for £20.

When a chav pulls up against me i can't help the brick in my right foot. by turning the boost completely off it'll be better for my pocket and my life lol

naa, so how far can i turn it down, is there a mimimum boost limit it has to get too? or can i switch it off completely.

i do 80 miles in 2 days in the town and it all goes :S

when i bought the car i thought 1.3 can't be fast and that unecomical! But fucking surpised at both speed wise and economy, my Gold TD was 1000000 times better! but was slow

do you accelerate fast? in order to save fuel you have to be EXTREEEEEMLY light on the gas pedal also change gear before boost, i change at 2-2.5k

One thing ive noticed is the N/A is really sensitive to even a small change in pressure on the pedal if it helps i get 180-200 for £20 thats with the occasonal adrenaline rush ;)

do you accelerate fast? in order to save fuel you have to be EXTREEEEEMLY light on the gas pedal also change gear before boost, i change at 2-2.5k

One thing ive noticed is the N/A is really sensitive to even a small change in pressure on the pedal if it helps i get 180-200 for £20 thats with the occasonal adrenaline rush ;)

is that Km or Miles, my clock has a mph sticker but i doubt it's converted. it does about 140 on average but but i dont know if its KM or miles, the milo meter is in km lol so i'm guessing so is this if you dived 140 / 1.6 it gives about 87 which is what i do.

but how come since i've got this i've had to put £20 every 2 days and not 2 times a week like before? I am doing 30 when it says 30 mph on the speedo

and disconnecting the actuator; will it do any damage to the engine/turbo? and how easily can it be reversed?

Maybe your doing more miles than before?

Cant see disconnecting the actuator doing any damage, just means the wastegate will always be open so it wont be able to spool the turbo up if at all.

There is just a little c clip holding the arm onto the wastegate flap, can take it on / off in seconds.

Maybe your doing more miles than before?

Cant see disconnecting the actuator doing any damage, just means the wastegate will always be open so it wont be able to spool the turbo up if at all.

There is just a little c clip holding the arm onto the wastegate flap, can take it on / off in seconds.

could be missing something here but i thought it was opposite to what your explaining, doesn't the build in pressure push the actuator arm to open the wastegate so removing the arm will mean the wastegate stays shut so you'll just boost into fuel cut off.

i dont really know but im sure the actuator pushes on the wastgate so if theres nothing pushing on it it will open.

if you do that wont it over fuel. just dont drive fast. you would have to drive pretty fast to get 80 miles to 20 quid.

Actuator holds wastegate shut so it can build pressure up, pressure pushes the actuator open thus opening the wastegate, take the actuator off and the wastegate will always be open not allowing pressure to build up.

Cant see how it will over fuel either its just like driving off boost

but doesnt that change if he was to say put the foot down. not sure how fueling works so i should maybe shut up but ;) lol wont his car think hes put the foot down and add more fuel to the mixture ? i need to read up on fueling and electrics ;)

I don't want an n/a engine lol I will just turn the boost down allot and see how it does

I don't allways go fast and when i do, i do go fast! ;) but majority of the times i take it easy and drive at or often below the speed limit for some reason i find it relaxing going slow lol. (its auto) It being auto might be another reason for shit mpg since it has only 4 speed but i think overdrive is the 5th gear.

How can i stop putting my foot down? i'm 18 and being an 18 year old my foot accidently presses the accel allot

yes thats why your getting bad mpg i do that why i'm going manual been told max 200-250 mile auto manual 300+

because in manual you can change at lowest possible rpm fucking auto, but i love auto, i sold my diesel golf just to get auto glanza

Hi, i got my MBC today and we know that

this is where the boost controller goes

5ajbqf.jpg

but which way round does it go? I'm sorry but i do kind off know but don't really wish to cause any damage.

mbc2a.jpg

to bottom one is for actuator and the one pointing left is boost source...

Nahhh mbc donst go where u have pictured.

On the actual turbo there is a vac line coming out, its near the outlet, thats your boost source feed connect that up.

Then on the actuator there is 2 vac lines if your running a standard actuator, top lines goes to the other end of the mbc. if your still running standard actuator leave the bottom vac line venting.