• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Throttle response is well better the turbine on the turbo spools a lot quicker and its a lot cooler

when i had my old glanza it had the A/C on when i got it mapped it made 180bhp then i took the A/C off

and took it back to the RR to see if i had gained any power and it made 191bhp so i gained 11bhp :) so its worth doing lol

ooo, might do that then, is there a how to on it? also, im guessing itll go back on easy, by taht i meen no wiring etc will need to be cut, just incase i ever sell the car. what rubber pipes do i need to buy to relocate the filter? and how do you block it off at the end it usually runs from? the filter pipe i meen.

Hello guys just a little update i have had a ct9 turbo sat in my garage of over a year now with fucked inlet blades I've always wanted to take it apart but never go round to it.So lastnight when i had fuck all to do and i was bord shitless i thort fuck it im takeing it apart lol so it did.

It wasnt as hard as i first thort,bit fiddly but other then that it was ok.So now its all in bits im going to try and make my own hybrid yes i know it all needs balancing but all that will be sorted lol.

Anyway less of the chit chat im sure most people hevent seen a ct9 in bits so here is some pics :thumbsup:

peado1009.jpg

peado1006.jpg

peado1010.jpg

peado1007.jpg

peado1012.jpg

I have always wondered why the nut on the outlet turbine was a funny shape now i know its to help balance the turbine shaft a bit like a car wheel at hi speeds it can start to shake :)

peado1011.jpg

This pic isnt the best of quality but if you look at the inlet turbine the fins are smashed to bit lol........i hope you guys like

sounds good buddy! find a place to port the turbo intake, get a bigger intake comp blade, find a shaft to match the exhaust blade if in good condition should be just fine to use but on the other hand it might get super long and cost alot to do your self?

I'm still highly convinced that the intake blade had that done intentionally :thumbsup:(in remembrance of the old thread lol)... if a stone went in it would have either made marking on the inner-housing on the turbo (which i cant see) or the exhaust blade would take damage from the stone passing through (which i also cant see) plus it would push it out off balance.

but never mind... it's on to bigger and better things! a custom spec hybrid would be sweet, might be better spec'in it up though then sending it off to the likes of turbo dynamics, as they will sort out the cracked waste gate etc

good luck with it all though micky :)

Lol yeh i remember that thread well chris :thumbsup: but like you have said, it did look like the blades had been cut.

Never mind anyway its in bits now so just looking forward to makeing my own custom turbo lol im in no rush to do it even if it takes me a year to make i,ll be happy :)

I also know what you meen, it could end up costing me more doing it my self but once i know how its done and where i can get the bits from (turbine blades/thrust bearings etc) and get them cheep enuf then im off to a good star im in no rush so i,ll have time to look around and do some research :D

Thanks for the kind words chris :D

perhaps give keirz a PM, he will definitely be able to point you in the right direction, also thrust bearing ct9 would be sweet! but the only person to ever get one into production was Toby from toy tuning (ooo the bad word!) :thumbsup:

but yeah i'm most intrigued lol... hybrid away :)

• 2 weeks later...

Lol cheers Ryan,it need a good clean at the min though im sick of the fuckiing UK weather its shit lol

Why this thread is up, there should be an update soon im just waiting for some things to get delivered :D

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a little update, nothing much just some bits and bobs that got deliverd the other day :lol:

On my old Glanza i had the autobahn fmic, so i thort id go for change and go with the Jap performance fmic.Well i wish to god i went for the autobahn cooler it was so much easyer to fit...im haveing to chop the fuck out of my front bumper to get it to fit,infact if i keep going i will have no front lip left lol...

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Pic's to follow..... of it fitted when i have finished choping the fuck out of my bumper lol

Now the best bit Apexi power fc ECU/commander :p FC boost controller kit to follow soon.

Picture021.jpg

Orr and i am also haveing to trim the flange on the hot pipe cause its far to thick,it wont allow me to get an nut on it so the grinder is comeing out tomorrow B)

Pic of the silly fat flange lol

Picture022.jpg

:lol: .. yano the hotpipe, instead of chopping it down i just removed the studs from the turbo and got some decent size bolts the same thread and used them instead.

Thats if you havnt already started butchering B)

:p how the fuck do you get them out though? and no i haven't started cuting yet lol