Thorpys Black N Green Gt

Right ive decided to keep it for now (until something else breaks probably) so thought i would stick some pics up, sorry about some of the older pics though i havn't got lots just mostly recent pictures as most of the pics was on my old laptop that broke :thumbsup:

i bought the car in october 2007 off of a friend it allready had quite a bit of work done to it like alloys, exhaust, boost controller, gauges, td04, front mount etc

i didn't really have any pictures of it when i 1st got it, just after i had done a couple of bits to it like few bits to the interior and tinting windows etc

02112007118.jpg

25102007117.jpg

11052008018.jpg

in january 2008 i decided to change the front mount for a nice big GReady and move the air filter to the front grill and fitted a turbo timer

12012008030.jpg

30012008038.jpg

it pretty much stayed as it was then for a full year and then fitted an oil cooler and steering wheel and some bucket seats in march 2009 oh and ya might notice the front tints are gone (i got a slapped wrist off a cop)

01042009182.jpg

20032009172.jpg

20032009175.jpg

20032009176.jpg

22062009252.jpg

i had a bit of trouble like usual bet no1 has seen this before........ the suspension strut completly broke away from the car all the way around the factory seam

16042009237-1.jpg

16042009236-1.jpg

16042009235-1.jpg

wasn't good hehe i went down santa pod like that aswell took a while to notice it because it was driving fine n then one day could hear a knocking :D

that was around april time, i bought myself a rollcage and a rear strut brace aswell......

26042009244.jpg

26042009245.jpg

in june i fitted a rear fog light (exciting) because it never had one and i bought a toms front bumper actually got some decent pics of this :p

26062009256.jpg

26062009255.jpg

23062009253.jpg

27062009258.jpg

27062009259.jpg

27062009260.jpg

27062009261.jpg

27062009263.jpg

27062009262.jpg

i then realised how filthy my engine bay was so gave it a little scrub its still nowt amazing but better than it was

27062009264.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice project mate, looks really nice with the Sparcos on it with the red lips.

The intercooler is huge!! I thought it would look a little silly when I first saw it, but wow it looks awesome, especially behind the TOM's bumper!!

Any more plans for the near future?

July 2009 i decided which colour to change to so i took the cage back out to spray it green and made some cross beams up to change the look of the cage and had the wheels powder coated and got some new harnessess and new seats because i hated the red ones they looked to chavvy (only got one in on these pics while i was waiting for another seat rail to come from japan)

25072009273.jpg

25072009274.jpg

02082009005.jpg

02082009006.jpg

03082009007.jpg

03082009008.jpg

in august i bought a new turbo kit still not impressed with this one so will end up getting a decent manifold made eventually

06082009014.jpg

06082009013.jpg

Nice project mate, looks really nice with the Sparcos on it with the red lips.

The intercooler is huge!! I thought it would look a little silly when I first saw it, but wow it looks awesome, especially behind the TOM's bumper!!

Any more plans for the near future?

i just got it back last week after the headgasket had gone again sooooo ive had a zep 2mm steel headgasket fitted this time, and im keeping it off the road now until ive got sum more bits for it need a decent ecu and im getting an inlet manifold while its off the road aswell so looking forward to it being back on road :thumbsup:

nice!

that front mount looks awesome behind the toms bumper!

keep it up :D

tankya :p

Good lad :p

when di dyou get new turbo kit ?? and why wasnt i informed ? not impressed :|

this car would be complete with managment :D

had it ages u must have forgot, i had trouble with this manifold aswell when i mentioned to u that i thought my wastegate had broke at jap show finale.......... it hadn't...... the weld for the wastegate had snapped clean off the manifold :thumbsup:

Love this car!!!

Not so much with the red theme but the green :thumbsup:

I agree that cooler is huge but suits the TOMS bumper perfectly!! Love where the wastegate sits aswell :D what tubby kit is it?.

That cage is immense aswell, cant wait until mine is painted up, only gonna be a slightly darker green :p

Keep up the good work.

had it ages u must have forgot, i had trouble with this manifold aswell when i mentioned to u that i thought my wastegate had broke at jap show finale.......... it hadn't...... the weld for the wastegate had snapped clean off the manifold :thumbsup:

looks like it allways has, dont think i saw it with old one on tbh

serious ? di dyou have it welded up ? why not save money and let rick make you a mani up ? ok it will cost mor ein short run but save you loads in long run

looks well anyway pal, keep it up

thank you people it is a td04 still not sure who made the mani though ive not seen another one like it with the wastegate in that position, i was having troubles with boost creep since having it fitted aswell so need that sorting asap

i had it rewelded and then went to pick the car up from garage and the alternator had stopped working which was a bit of a coinsidence, i think he welded it whilst still on the car even though i was told he was taking it off to weld it up

will prob end up buying another eventually but got other things to buy 1st

intake mani

management

coilovers

big brakes

n then whatever else that catches my eye hehe i want a carbon bonnet and some front fenders eventually aswell :thumbsup:

Boost creep with an External wastegate? You got an Electronic Boost Controller?

Hmmm bit dodgy about the elternator, hope he is sorting that out!!

Other than that mate the plans sound good :lol:

Boost creep with an External wastegate? You got an Electronic Boost Controller?

Hmmm bit dodgy about the elternator, hope he is sorting that out!!

Other than that mate the plans sound good :lol:

it was a good few months back now with the alternator i had to pay for that replacing theres no way of proving it was him really, they said it has prob just wore out because it was covered in oil :D

yeh i thought external wastegate was supposed to be better at holding boost thats why i went for it, i have a blitz dual sbc, it has a setting on the back of it for external wastegate so we switched that over but it just dosn't seem to be controlling it much at all

i had a thought yesterday i thought id finally cracked it because i remembered that the machanic that fitted it didnt bother fitting some gaskets im sure he fitted a head to mani gasket, but he deffo didnt fit a gasket between the mani and wastegate because he said it didnt need one and im pretty sure he didnt fit one between the turbo and downpipe, but ive been told that it wouldn't effect it so im back to square one again now :D any ideas???

Not a clue mate.... external wastegate and a blitz dbc is a pretty good setup for the boost.

Maybe it is the gasket but never experienced that so cant really comment

lol @ the oil on the alternator :lol:

got to have a domo :mellow: i got a domo tshirt for xmas aswell hehe

couple more pics i didnt have any pics of the new steering wheel and i thought i would take a piccy of the gearknob aswell :wub: i got board one day and saw some old pool balls in my garage so i thought hmmmmmmm and ended up with this..........

18012010084.jpg

18012010081.jpg