• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi peeps

Following Clarkies thread here:

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=25794

I sent him £1250 over paypal for the whole turbo kit, ecu + harness, panhard rod and arb.

Someone broke into his garden during this and nicked the ARB so I said forget it and knock £110 off the coilovers i was going to buy and he said thats fine.

So we left it at that, received the kit after a week and it didnt come with the ecu harness

So i kept ringing and he didnt answer untill i rung him on withheld, then he said he's been busy blah blah. So we spoke and said id have coilovers and trd clocks, he said he would check postage and get bk to me, so i rung him 3 days later, no reply. Ive rung him loads since, emailed him, PM'd on here. (He was active 10am this morning) and no reply.

So he owes me £110 and a harness, not a happy bunny tbh.

Now I cannot get hold of him what so ever, a few people have replied in that thread saying its happened before, so just to make sure it doesnt happen again do not think about buying anything off him, even if its cheap or w/e.

Cheers for looking guys

Did you pay as goods through paypal? if so go through them for your money back

if you never payed as goods through paypal and sent the money as a gift then lesson learnt i have said to people (STOP) sending money as a gift its just another way for these scammers to get our hard earned cash ;)

I hope you dont think im haveing ago at you Matt just this scamming thats going on is not doing our forum any good at all.I hope you get your money sorted anyway mate :)

Did you pay as goods through paypal? if so go through them for your money back

if you never payed as goods through paypal and sent the money as a gift then lesson learnt i have said to people (STOP) sending money as a gift its just another way for these scammers to get our hard earned cash ;)

I hope you dont think im haveing ago at you Matt just this scamming thats going on is not doing our forum any good at all.I hope you get your money sorted anyway mate :)

Oh i see mate, how can I get it back as its goods though?

I sent it in two parts, 700 odd in gift and 300 odd in goods i think

How can i claim it back if theres no proof of me buying anything through goods?

When i send money through paypal as goods there is an option to attach a message at the bottom of the page.

So you can tell the seller what you are sending the money over for and also paypal can see that to.

I always state precisely what i am buying.If you have not done that i would give paypal a call and have a chat with them and say you haven't recieved all the goods that seller had stated there for you what your money back/refund

When i send money through paypal as goods there is an option to attach a message at the bottom of the page.

So you can tell the seller what you are sending the money over for and also paypal can see that to.

I always state precisely what i am buying.If you have not done that i would give paypal a call and have a chat with them and say you haven't recieved all the goods that seller had stated there for you what your money back/refund

Oh right. Thats a good idea tbh. Well i've opened a claim on here, says up to 10days, will see how that goes

thats exactly how i do it as well micky, i make sure i fill in the details of the purchase along with my name and address. if its something that i have bought off someone on here i pm them with the same message that i leave in paypal, just to be sure.

If you check over on TGTT this Clarkie guy seem to be friends with glanza9 and snooksgt who also seem to be scamming...

Someone is owed £1300 from glanza97 for a forged engine i think...

These 3 guys all seem to live around the same area, chesire, mersyside, and all seem to be friends ie pics of their cars taken together etc

This Clarkie lad has pictures of his white glanza taken in a road called roland avenue i think it was...

Hope this helps :)

i nearly bought some stuff from him not long ago! lucky i didn't as he wanted more money and seemed unhappy to sell the stuff. scamming is getting out of hand on this site something needs to be done!

hope you get your money back mate!

Guest cheshireglanza
If you check over on TGTT this Clarkie guy seem to be friends with glanza9 and snooksgt who also seem to be scamming...

Someone is owed £1300 from glanza97 for a forged engine i think...

These 3 guys all seem to live around the same area, chesire, mersyside, and all seem to be friends ie pics of their cars taken together etc

This Clarkie lad has pictures of his white glanza taken in a road called roland avenue i think it was...

Hope this helps :)

he dont live in cheshire there from mersyside all 3 off them not to far away from me and kennedy

cheers for the help guys. I will take this info for near future!

I sent him this about a week ago:

Whats happening bout my money and the coilovers then?

You owe me 110quid. I want the coilovers and trd clocks

Forget bout the coilovers if you want just send me the clocks and money

Also i need the emanage blue harness as you didnt send this

Please ring me asap

Mat

He replied last night with:

Hi mate sorry will get on to it straight away for you. i Have been too busy ended up knocking myself sick.

Apologies mate

How is that an excuse? If anything it would be better as he would have 'time off' work, and it doesnt take much to ring me, go on paypal and refund 110 or send clocks, thats all I want then i'll drop the matter.

We will see.

Thanks for support guys.

TGTT homepage at the top in bold says the following:

BEWARE: Anthony Capostagno has ripped off members on this site. This is a warning to all. He is currently going by the names snooksgt, clarkie and glanza97.

Watch out people.

Cheers for that Matt and i hope you get everything sorted dont give up mate till you get your money back

There is new rules on here now for selling/buying stuf i just hope people will take note of it and stop these scammers scamming

Right firstly to clear things up i am not a scammer and i am not glanza97 or snooksgt. Yes i know them and each of them have had me off in the past.

Your clocks and harness are in a box ready to be sent out along with a PO.

I am sorry but looking after my health is a lot more important to me. After all its not as though i have not sent you anything like that Glanza97.

And for the ones who want to know where i live i will happily tell you all day, but think twice about starting to throw threats about. I know that hasn't been the case in this issue but lets not let it escalate to that.

Your things will be posted tomorrow.

Regards

Yeah i ended up solving the issue. it was due to a bad mix of air fuel in the map. Had it remapped and everything was sorted.

The lad who bought it is from blackpool, i told him to come down and have a look listen to it. I told him about this forum and the other forum to make sure he knew what he was buying and guess what he came back 2 days later and took it off my hands along with a couple of other bits. I can say that he looked pleased with what he bought.

He will do, the issue would have never come around if someone didnt take the arb out of my yard.

I have been scammed and ripped to death with engines and cars that i have bought, some of which i got off here. I know what its like and i don't make a habit of messing people about.

I understand fully that you was 'ill'. I wouldn't of had to put this thread up or the claim on paypal if you had explained over the phone, easy as that. But due to you not responding or contacting me what so ever has resulted to this, how did I know I didnt have to get some more clocks? Its been 3 weeks at least since I last spoke to you, what you expect me to do?

Now if i receive these by next week I will drop all matters and everything will be ok, just dont want it to happen again or to anyone else on the forums, its not on.

Thanks Micky so do i, were have to wait and see.

Right firstly to clear things up i am not a scammer and i am not glanza97 or snooksgt. Yes i know them and each of them have had me off in the past.

Nice to see a response from you Clarkie, and we are all glad to hear you have nothing in to do with glanza97/snooksgt.

When you say each of them have had you off in the past, could you please explain and give some details? I'm sure it will become handy, the more info about glanza97 and his scams, the better.

Idrees