Manifolds Pffffffft

right used sva, said i want a good quality manifold, dont mind paying abit more as long as its good quality dont wanna be changing it in a couple of months time blah blah blah

he goes yer ben can do one, and fit it. I was like what make is it he goes i ll have a look, i go look i dont really care mate long as its a good one and NOT an autobahn one im fine, cause the autobahn ones arent very good. "no no no ben it wont be and autobahn one mate they re rubbish"

fantastic took it down to him had it down and was well chuffed 1 month later there was a huge crack on the middle weld, AND smaller cracks on the other welds, phoned SVA up "no worries ben got in contact with the company they had a dodgey batch they think this is one of the dodgey ones i ll swap it over for you mate" oh okay went down he put a new one on then goes that ll be £300.... for fitting it now before you all go i wouldnt pay screw that! bear in mind im in dover 160 miles from my house, and he has my car keys. payed the money went home thought well yeah that was bad but least its working now, i kid you not less than 2 weeks later theres the blowing sound again, it had blown part of the manifold to turbo gasket out, spoke to him he said bring it down i ll sort it, dad spoke to him he goes we ll refund the money sorry he charged me AGAIN so ive paid 3 time now and turns out all he did was put the exhaust paste round parts

took it to my mates at GBH motorsports in colchester they said its cracked again, also the manifolds bowed, we can skim it and weld it, i said let me talk to SVA, SVA said he d send down a brand new one, which he did free of charge, GBH put a straight edge on it, and go look ben, its twisted, you can poke the fillu gauge through, the inside theres clumps of metal from the welding, i was like right spoke to the company which i think is either autobahn or japspeed they are going to refund the part money, am still £600 out of pocket on laybour, with nowt to show for it... and no have no manifold any suggestions on a manifold zisco i keep hearing, also where i can get one from, will speak to ricky about the ram air ones aswell

PLEASE PLEASE people dont trust anyone cause the nicer you are to people the more they tuck you up FANTASTIC

Im not been funny mate but you should of got your own mani and fitted it your self its not hard its just time consuming

if you did you would of had a pocket full of money now.

I never let anyone touch my car unless i can trust them 100% i never new a thing about cars i didnt even know how to fill the fucking thing up with oil lol if you dont get stuck in you will never learn i can take my turbo off mani off etc and back on in an hour and a half I've done it that many times lol.....i hope you have learnt your lesson do jobs your self :thumbsup:

What a prick, I'd get something done about that, he's basically ripped you off on purpose because he knows he can do it.

I agree with micky though you should have tried doing it yourself, if you're worried about it just do a bit of research on the net first, cars are mostly straightforward nuts and bolts, it's just a matter of knowing what's what.

£300 for LABOUR????????????????????????????????????????? f*ck me sideways and spank my fanny!!!!!!!!!!!! thats f**kin shocking!!!!!

sorry to hear this Ben dude, hope u can get it sorted ASAP. in future, just take it to your mate in GBH, he sounds much more reasonable.

Phil.

yes cheers guys not mechanically minded at ALL

give me domestic electrics and im like wham :thumbsup: but cars im so scared i ll break something you know :/

and sps manifold is this what were all thinking then where can i get one guys????

and i know phil mate keep getting ripped off over these glanza's maybe its a sign :)

Seriously mate, spend some money on some tools and learn to do things yourself.

Read up on here, there are guides to do just about everything.

x2 i just did my head gasket, timing belt and water pump took a while as it was my 1st time doin it but its worth it, a shitty garage would of charged 300-400quid just 2 fuk it up, the tutorials are on here and tgtt you'll find everything you need and if you need advise on which part to buy post up here before you end up wiv a big whole in your pocket :thumbsup:

how the fuck can it be £300 labour how can they justify that man im 40 quid a hour and i think the most expensive in glasgow is audi and 140 a hour but 300,its not even that hard a job lol sorry to hear mate but id stay clear of them forever now lol

Ahh that sounds just about right for SVA!

point taken and proved mate, should have listened, :angry2: but could only go in the service id had so far.

yep am getting one from killamats so all should be good :thumbsup:

i am getting the money back but i have to take the other one off the car and send them back to jap soeed so i need to get the one from killamats first so the car can be driven :/

yes i know i should get more practical and hands on but im so worried i ll break something or take a part off and some £200 part snap or fly off into the distance :)

but might start tbf the amount i spent on labour could of had another glanza and taken bits i broke off it lmao

Don't buy an SPS. They are terrible fails tbh.

You want one from Zisco or Ricky at Race Rech. WELD are good too.

If you got the money and never want ti buy another mani then go straight to Rick. :thumbsup:

No wot u mean bout danes but didnt ricky make them for him?or was that his new stuff that ricky made because he old ones were crap.

u wont have a problem with the zisco manifold mate there awesome never had a problem with mine been on there ages now

hope not have just purchased one off killamats and all is looking good cant wait to get mine back on the road again :thumbsup:

Don't buy an SPS. They are terrible fails tbh.

You want one from Zisco or Ricky at Race Rech. WEPR are good too.

If you got the money and never want ti buy another mani then go straight to Rick. :thumbsup:

Who the hell are sva?

by the way thank god you said something.. i cant believe some of these fools are actualy saying use him.

the quality of the manifolds were g*sh and if it was broke he didnt give a dam it wasnt his problem.

i think he stopped before he started to get bad bad rep.

nice chap just cant weld.

I even go with zisco.. i had a random crack.. but alls well sent it back they dealt with it. even though royal mail lost it about month and more

Trading standards, get in contact with them, explain the situation.

Damien

Ditto that mate

You have been missled and them taking the money again (i mean for the 3rd time) without authorisation is theft so you have them over a barrel dude.

Speak to them and tell them what you intend to do if they do not refund some or all of the money and see what they say (they may cough up the cash) and if not follow it through with the SCC.

PS Did they hold your card details? They cant legally do that either without prior consent :thumbsup:

Steve