Tires Guy? Tyres.

right read trough a few threads about tyres and a few make kept poping up so which ones.

at the mo i have shitty budget things that have less traction than a block of lard in a hot non stick frying pan..........

anyway less of the punz:

1st. 4x yoko prada spec II £150 fitted think they look the dogz.

2nd. 4x uniroyal rainsports £145 fitted

3rd. 4x toyo T1R £130 fitted these get mentioned more than any.

can any one add to the list of sticky tires to

I tend to run the uniroyal rainsports, on both summer and winter wheels, due to the rain we get, but find them very good i the dry too and seem to last well too.

I have also used Goodyear Eagle F1s on the 100hp panda a few years back and found them excellent aswel, a lot of grip and good in the wet

mark

I've used Toyos before and for the same money I wouldn't use anything else, although there are always people saying Uniroyals are better but I haven't tried them so can't comment.

I did a little write up on them it's in this subforum if you can find it.

my experience of toyo's are that they are complete pish. I didn't like the flex they gave, and I run all my tyres at 30psi. Also they wore down very quickly.

I run falken 912's just now and they seem decent enough. Although haven't got to cain them in the dry, wet seems ok, but I throw the boots in 3rd anyway due to the power.

thanks for the feedback so far guys but comon people which one's i've been reading reviews and the rainsport 2's came up trumps in the wet and dry but the tire walls are abit soft and give alot of roll the prardas 2's are good in the dry and really shit in the wet and the toyo's wear out really quick and are also shit in the wet.

I can only comment on the Toyos myself, brilliant grip in both dry and wet. They don't seem to be wearing quickly either, and at £30 a pop from Camskill you can't complain :surrender:

Totally agree with Rubix, i hate people that skimp on tyres!! Buy cheap you buy twice :D

Not true to a point.

You have to decide firstly what you want from a tyre afore buying.

Mileage or grip.

With great grip of a tyre creates less mileage of a tyre it really stands to reason. The more thr tread is griping to the road the more rubber using.

So they excellant grippy yet expensive tyres sometimes wear out alot less there your cheaper alternative.

I've been reading on tire review that people ate getting just as much milage out of sticky tire as cheap budget high milage tires but with better braking and cornering feel I suppose it how you drive your car at the end of the day