• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wat a pain in the arse these are turning out to be!

I expected a bit of prep work for these, but not this much!

IMG00390-20110202-1330.jpg

thats how it stands atm, u can see my new JDM clusters on the back... but the skirts r by no means fitted properly yet! This gives me an idea tho...

I had noticed that the skirts are actually lower then the back and front bumpers... but i dont think it matters too much i might adjust them and lift them up yet... but the stock rear bumper is higher then the stock skirts so..... Ill keep yall posted! lots of filing, sanding etc to do...

DannyGlanzaV's glanza is making me think its all worth it so keep looking at a pic of his for inspiration lol!

However if it doesnt work out ill get stock skirts resprayed and refit them!

Majority of problem is the inside edges.... they are very curved and need to have more of a right angled point to them to fit... so getting an electric sander(black n decker mouse) in there is a ballache but im getting there slowly...

IMG00391-20110202-1337.jpg

thats with pressure applied too^

IMG00393-20110202-1337.jpg

again with pressure applied, i need to get rid of that little gap for it to fit perfectly...

IMG00394-20110202-1337.jpg

Booked a day off work to just work on these.... So Saturday they have to be done, because there booked in at bodyshop for monday morning... and Sunday im taking Steve to get his engine that should have arrived yonks ago...

All Work, No Time!

They look sweet on, the varis rear looks just right imo..

And erm, the rear will look better soon B)B)

u reckon? so do i... Im a bit of a perfectionist.... so gonna get these skirts absolutly perfect...

haha :(

Can see where its heading B)

How plain does the stock spoiler look now though :D

Keep up the good work bud

Cheers lewis.. The Spoiler is the last piece of the puzzle bodywork wise.... Stay Tuned :D

Cant wait :(

Shame the skirts are a dyer fit, seen a lad with a Glanza in swansea and his were worse than that!! We really want a set too B)

there isnt alot of choice really for glanza's in the skirts department.. livespoprts r a pain to fit.... jam's dont really flow with the car imo, varis look a bit chavvy! dare i say that! I like the stock ones, if only they were a bit lower!

Looks mint dude, i hope you get them to fit perfectly because they look good on there B)

Cheers Zac ill try me best!

yea i am having the exact same problems with mine let me know how you get on with yours...Might have to take mine to get it professionally fitted as i wasn't expecting it to be this much of a hassle. How do you have it drilled 2 at the back 2 at the front?

Hit and miss with the sideskirts by the sound of it ;) mine went straight on, and redz11 said his fit like a glove too. Sold plenty on eBay too with no comebacks.

They were moulded from original sideskirts from Hazzagray, but my supplier says no matter what they will need trimming by the customer as he doesn't know precisely how much needs trimming from the corner where the door shuts. I'm going to email them pictures over to them anyway so that should help in the future.

As much as I've looked at this thread before, I've just sat here for the last half an hour reading through all 19 pages and I'm just blown away! EPIC throughout Matt, the car's come a long, long way and your attention to detail is unreal! I wish I had the time, patience and money to build a car as awesome as this!

By far my favourite Glanza. Ever.

Can't wait to see this fully finished!! :wub:

epic thread. good work

Thanks Matey!

This is the best glanza ive seen!

Thats a very bold statement, really appciate it mate thanks!

As much as I've looked at this thread before, I've just sat here for the last half an hour reading through all 19 pages and I'm just blown away! EPIC throughout Matt, the car's come a long, long way and your attention to detail is unreal! I wish I had the time, patience and money to build a car as awesome as this!

By far my favourite Glanza. Ever.

Can't wait to see this fully finished!!

EPIC reply :wub: cheers bbe! :(

RIGHT...

Idrees is allowing me to send the livesports skirts back, so cant fault his customer service, which means im sticking with the stock skirts once theyve had a respray, which there currently undergoing now! :) The rear bumper is also being resprayed because i found a chip right on the bottom near the tow eye so the whole thing is having a new coat....

Still undecided on a spoiler yet! But we'll see!

Now, i thought to myself the engine is going to be perfect and all brand new and after chatting to the manchester lot about gearbox failures and not knowing the history of the gearbox ive bought i decided to do somthing about it!

I took my gearbox down to Hendersons Transmissions in Belton today in my dinner hour, its going to be completely rebuilt with all new bearings and syncro's etc so its 100% perfect and then re-sealed properly! The guy i spoke to was very helpful, showed me around his workshop and the process the box would go through, an idea of cost and then timescale.. I also asked him to photograph the internals for any future buyers so they know it is indeed equipped with a Cusco LSD!

Ontop of that, the guy said he was expecting a yaris gearbox which are known to be really weak when i mentioned starlet but when he saw it he said thats an avensis box isnt it? or VERY similar.... He said there a very strong box and should handle the power im going to have easily! Which is good to hear! Maybe Avaensis 6Speed's fit on our cars people! :p

IMG00398-20110208-1322.jpg

Ricky@Race-Tech also mentioned to me that the head needs some valve guides replacing to be within the tolerances he'd recommend for the engine, they have been down now and its having the porting and polishing done, then the 3angle valve seats and skimming.... :D Wont be long till its back in the front of the shell now! Then its Turbo Kit Time :)

Awsome work buddy :)

Shame about the skirts cant Iddy do something with them so they are a better fit and send them back?

Yeah, I showed all the pictures to my supplier and he said sometimes the mould stretches in a bit over time but it's an easy fix for him. No other customer complained about fitment, I'm glad Matt explained the problem properly so we know how to improve on them.

I offered Matt a brand new pair that are guaranteed to fit but he refused so I'll refund his money.

Awesome mate! Just keeps getting better and better! You really arent messing around with this :wub:

Cheers Matey! I want it PERFECT for summer/show season ^_^

some amazing work there matt... will be one amazing car once its finished!

Cheers Matey! Apperciate it!

Awsome work buddy :lol:

Shame about the skirts cant Iddy do something with them so they are a better fit and send them back?

Iddy offered more then enough help, cant fault his service, but ontop of them not fitting, ive decided to stick with stock skirts, i think they suit the varis bumpers better...

Yeah, I showed all the pictures to my supplier and he said sometimes the mould stretches in a bit over time but it's an easy fix for him. No other customer complained about fitment, I'm glad Matt explained the problem properly so we know how to improve on them.

I offered Matt a brand new pair that are guaranteed to fit but he refused so I'll refund his money.

Yep, thanks iddy! As i said cant fault your customer service! They will be back with you soon!

gearbox update:

Andy gave me a ring and asked me to bring my driveshafts down because he wanted to test the LSD to make sure it was tight....

It was indeed VERY tight, tighter then he thought, which should aid in the traction department! 2nd gear syncro was worn and both bearings could do with being replaced is what he said.... but i told him to just replace all the syncro's with new ones, new bearings and reassemble... So he has ordered the parts.... Expensive Bill... But tbh I know it will be perfect! I also got pictures, its so complex i wouldnt dare opening one, and i got pics of the LSD for future referance! :D So no one can doubt my claims!

ohh my god!! bits everywhere!

IMG00405-20110209-1526.jpg

Theres the Diff ^_^

IMG00406-20110209-1526.jpg

:D

ohh my god!! i wouldnt dream of opening up a box hahaha, bearings and cogs everywhere lol

The standard skirts look nice with the varis bumpers i think mate, the rear of the skirts line up sweet with the slit in the varis rear :lol:

ohh my god!! i wouldnt dream of opening up a box hahaha, bearings and cogs everywhere lol

The standard skirts look nice with the varis bumpers i think mate, the rear of the skirts line up sweet with the slit in the varis rear :lol:

if u look at the fr and rr the lines flow with the skirts perfectly... tbh!

haha yeh respect to the company they know what there doing!