same ere mate, thanks :D

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Must be the photo!

The car has NEVER had any paint or repair work! Until now!

Cheers Zac too!

Cool dude thats fair enough but I dont understand why you edited the pic after I said it though lol. 040 is a distaster to paint your right to go for a full paint will look mint when its done..

cheers chaps! i will be making more videos in summer :lol:

as it turns out id have had to have a respray anyway, as removing the rear decals damaged the paint! lol

the whole bodywork has been flatted down now and the little dinks and the odd scratch have all been sorted!

IMG00411-20110216-1519.jpg

Be ready for paint end of today!

He is doing a proper job too, door handles, rubber seals, locks, lights, roof strips, reg surround. etc have all been removed!

Also i collected my 2 new roof strips and 2 new door handles from Toyota! £160! i must be mad! Least it'll be mint tho!

What iddy said matt, bower my mate had his painted and both rear quarters windows started flaking at the bottom of each window, deffo do it and get new seals while there out :)

Either way, soooo much going on dude, good work :lol:

your engine all built up now mate? you doing it or is ricky?

ricky is doing it and the head is coming back this week! ;) everything else is done on engine :D

mines flaking after respray at the bottom of rear qarter glass :D

yet again more awesome work mate

yeh he is doing a proper job dude so no worries there!

those pics were taken like half way thru strip down :D

what exactly causes the paint to flake bottom of rear windows if the glass is left in then?

the roof and drivers side have been painted now :D so its still nogoing i should have pics wednesday if not the weekend ;)

I think its just the fact that they cant get all the way in to rub it down mate, meaning that the paint wont stick 100%, then obv water runs down the channels and gets underneath the paint and lifts it :S

My thoughts anyway dude.

I think its just the fact that they cant get all the way in to rub it down mate, meaning that the paint wont stick 100%, then obv water runs down the channels and gets underneath the paint and lifts it :S

My thoughts anyway dude.

Get some pics asap ;)

As Zac said, if the windows seals are just masked up the paint won't get right in to the edge, therefore will have an 'edge' on the paint which will eventually flake.

i see.. u learn somthing new every day...

bit of a change of plans!

i didnt even get chance to see the car in daylight :p

but the car is now at Race-Tech

IMG00423-20110301-1853.jpg

Ricky offered to put the engine in for me, so the shell got shipped straight there... rather then back to mine then back to race-tech later :)

the bodywork feels like glass and from what i can see looks chuffing awesome! :D

Niiice, bet you wanted it back to just look at lol but having it go to Ricky is even better as it will all come together even quicker :)

I look forward to seeing some yummy day shot of the glorious paint work and engine

Niiice, bet you wanted it back to just look at lol but having it go to Ricky is even better as it will all come together even quicker :)

I look forward to seeing some yummy day shot of the glorious paint work and engine

lol i want it back to perv on asap! :D

Good work as always mate, surely it cant be that long now then if its going straight to ricky's :D

na wont be long now matey!

I would expect it to take ages seeing as Ricky is doing it, hes fucking useless!!!

Anyway car looks mint mate, cant wait to see it finished!!!!

now now :/ i wont have that said, been sound with me!

did he take the rear quarrter windows out in the end?

spraying my car soon and really cant be arsed with the ballache of removing the windows lol

lookis mint tho mate

indeed :p

take em out mate! be worth it in long run!