Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looking good mat more piks though !!!

lol all in good time my friend :)

mmmmmmmmmmmmm sex weeeeeeee weeeeeeeee!

lol look at the mess youve made!

Bay looks fucking awsomeeee, cant wait to see a fat top mounted turbo there

same here :p hehe

there's too much winz here! so much so infact, the amout of winz is making my face hurt!!!!!!

sheer win!

Phil.

cheers phil!!!

wanna get some "win ache" cream from boots :D

Immense bro! No other words to be honest.

cheers brother from another mother :D

looks shit!

I Lie, looks fooking mint!

hehe cheeky :)

fooking awesome

cheers dude :D

Stunner Matt

cheers jono :D

Looking well Matt, shall have a perv tomorrow when i drop mine off,

Just a query not going for a better inlet manifold?

in the future yes... but shows are coming and i dont want to delay it any further... its somthing that can be made and fitted and map adjusted to suit at a later date :)

Keep your hands off too :) hehe.. i think its only Driver, LukEP and you that will have seen it!

gotta be the most anticipated build on the site mate. top work. should be an animal.

that means alot dude! thanks very much and yes im really looking forward to it now!

I dint really see much though :) :) it was up in the air and had a big sheet over it but does look awesome nice and shiny! Come on we need more pictures you little tease

Keep your hands off too :p hehe.. i think its only Driver, LukEP and you that will have seen it!

I dint really see much though :):) it was up in the air and had a big sheet over it but does look awesome nice and shiny! Come on we need more pictures you little tease

Whoop only person to see it :D dropping a RARB off tomorrow too so ill be having a nosey too !

haha :D

right, stripped down my SSQV and cleaned it all out since someone, mentioning no names (cough aaddzz123) engine failed while borrowing it and filled it full of oil and gunge! :thumbsup:

So stripped it completely down and serviced it. Also ordered a weld on boss for ricky to weld it directly to my HDI hot pipe :D

DSCN2070.JPG

the fuel filter & fuel pressure regulator have arrived at ricky's and ricky is also in the middle of doin the manifold.. however since im having a 3inch downpipe with a top mounted turbo, space is VERY tight apperently.... So we might have to move the bottom civic rad pipe output to the other side of the rad! More on that later, more pics soon :o x

personally i wouldn't weld it, i made that mistake and as nice as the HKS sound it got fuuuucking annoying after a while!... chirp,chirp, chirp, every time i came off throttle but i couldn't do shit as i welded it to my charge pipe lol!

but bring on the pics! i need to see this top mount

personally i wouldn't weld it, i made that mistake and as nice as the HKS sound it got fuuuucking annoying after a while!... chirp,chirp, chirp, every time i came off throttle but i couldn't do shit as i welded it to my charge pipe lol!

but bring on the pics! i need to see this top mount

personally love the hks chirp mate, its JDM as fuck, and it didnt get boring allll last year... so ill be fine :thumbsup:

that engine bay looks so nice and clean! cant wait to see this at japfest!

thanks buddy, ive spent a large amount of time cleaning it!

right, pics of the turbo kit, again thanks to ricky for sending these, makes you realise just how big the turbo is, how big a 3inch downpipe is and how little room there is too!

enjoy:

you can see on this one how a stock radiator is simply impossible! You can also see how ricky twisted the turbo to allow room for that huge downpipe!

DSC_0758.JPG

good job im friends with the guys at Roose Motorsport, looking like ill be needed a custom intake house!

also see how close the pas pump is to fanimold!

DSC_0760.JPG

downpipe held in place, its going to be tight as a ducks arse!

will look 100% rude tho!

DSC_0761.JPG

Hope you likes :o:D

Looks unbelievable mate!!!

I know exactly what you mean by being tight, my TD04 kit is TIGHT and that thing you got makes a TD04 look like a puny snail!! lol

Gonna be one awsome car wont be long now :thumbsup:

Is looking sweet dude, you not concerned about lag though with such a big turbo and then long runners on the top mount kit? Id asume that ads lag? Not overly clued up on topmpunt efficiency tbh.

Is looking sweet dude, you not concerned about lag though with such a big turbo and then long runners on the top mount kit? Id asume that ads lag? Not overly clued up on topmpunt efficiency tbh.

Just a quick reply to this.

Top mounts don't really make all that much difference to spool. If you work out the overall capacity of the runners and how much air the engine is moving, they take approx 0.04 seconds to fill. There is more complicated things that have an effect but to be honest there very small, and would probably go unnoticed. Turbo's are sensitive to runner length like the N/a's.

Regards

Ricky