are thm 3 angled valve seats i can see fella, uuummmmmm. i am getting the tools to do these soon. did you gride down the inlet valve guid boss to sit flush with the port.

just a little note, wen looking at the combustion chamber can u see wer the milling tool cuts the valve seat, this can be removed along with the back side of the exahust valve helps spool up and volumetric efficent of the cylinder by quite a bit if u look at the pic of your exhaust valve open u can see how it only flow around 60% of its circumfrence.

also wat port velocities did u manage on the flow bench i have found that around 70m/s (260ft/sec) gives great max hp, and around 50-60m/s (165ft/sec) for peak torque. but these are just calculation as paul sold his engine before we could do a dyno run. gutted.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are thm 3 angled valve seats i can see fella, uuummmmmm. i am getting the tools to do these soon. did you gride down the inlet valve guid boss to sit flush with the port.

just a little note, wen looking at the combustion chamber can u see wer the milling tool cuts the valve seat, this can be removed along with the back side of the exahust valve helps spool up and volumetric efficent of the cylinder by quite a bit if u look at the pic of your exhaust valve open u can see how it only flow around 60% of its circumfrence.

also wat port velocities did u manage on the flow bench i have found that around 70m/s (260ft/sec) gives great max hp, and around 50-60m/s (165ft/sec) for peak torque. but these are just calculation as paul sold his engine before we could do a dyno run. gutted.

ill let ricky answer that :lol:

looks clean, standard valves or oversized dude?

standard i believe dude :)

Iddy... i didnt want to bodge the 98 fogs in cus im a bit of a perfectionist... I believe me in my opinion... you have to bodge 98's to gettem to fit... the mounting locations are completely different :p

got the 96's in the bumper tho, nice snug fit, perfect and secure and looks mint :wacko:

DSCN2021.JPG

ill do a photoshop and see!

anyways... after dribbling over a 650bhp civic eg6, i got down to bring the few last little bits to ricky for my engine...

spark plugs, front bumper, clips for skirts. etc odds and ends basically!

Engine is all built up now!

IMG00457-20110323-1251.jpg

IMG00458-20110323-1252.jpg

however we hit a snag! I misplaced my clutch release arm, after going through my whole garage, rickys garage, my car we couldnt find it!

However 1 perosn came a long way out there way to help me out!

BIG THANKS to LukEP, who came down from manchester just to bring me a spare clutch release arm! Because of this the engine is now in the shell :p Woop!

More pics and updates to follow :)

Lukes courier service!!! bringing starlet engines and parts accross the country :p

did me a massive favour too bringing my engine to me thanks luke

nice update dude you can tell you really want this back now seen as though youve been welded to my passenger seat for days :) haha good times

No worries only just got back lol. I'm desperate for a passenger ride in it so the sooner it's on the road :p.

Nice drive over snakes pass to loverly day and was nice to meet Ricky.

Lukes courier service!!! bringing starlet engines and parts accross the country ;)

did me a massive favour too bringing my engine to me thanks luke

nice update dude you can tell you really want this back now seen as though youve been welded to my passenger seat for days :) haha good times

hehe ino. i want mine back now. this nice weather is making it sooo unfair too! lol

No worries only just got back lol. I'm desperate for a passenger ride in it so the sooner it's on the road ;).

Nice drive over snakes pass to loverly day and was nice to meet Ricky.

thanks again buddy! aye, your the first (apart from ricky and driver) to see it since it wen to race-tech....

Good lad Luke :p

Lets see it fitted then and is the tubby kit made yet?

:o the manifold has been started... bought half way thru the tac stage i believe.... get it tacked up make sure everything lines up then weld it all up is i believe the way its done! But obv since i wanted it top mounted, the engine needed to be in the car to make the kit perfectly :p

Looks mint matt, i saw it on Facebook but as im an amateur on facebook i dont know how to comment on pics haha soo i had to post here lol

Amazing build dude, looks mint and cant wait to see this at shows :p