Starlets Targeted By Car Theifs

Just thought i would make everyone aware that last night an ep82 starlet gt turbo was broken into and was pushed away and towed because the thiefs couldnt start it, this happened down my road in strood kent! just thought that i would make everyone aware that the police have said they are targeting starlets, the theifs were caught by the police with the car but i dont know what has happened since,

so beware people this was in the medway towns in kent.

cheers

Unfortunately the Japanese car scene is regularly targeted. The parts on the performance cars like Evos, Imprezas, Starlets, Supras, S bodies...etc etc etc (I could go on forever), are all worth a large amount of money. Just think how much people spend on there cars. It is like a huge cash machine for a thief. Steal it, strip it, sell all the parts, weight the shell in, easy. Thousands of pounds for a week or two worth of work. All the alarms in the world wont stop someone who really wants your car too.

Bourkey

Cheers for the heads up on that mate

I think I'm gonna start putting my steering lock on my car now as well as locking the wheel itself just to be on the safe side as well as being alarmed up.

Whos car was it out of interest?

Take it it wasn't alarmed either?

Also my girlfriend was sayin sumin about it being in a well dodgy area in Strood?

But i dont know Strood that well myself tbh?

• 2 weeks later...

LOL @ Micky not good for you guys because there are loads around your way, possibly why they have became so appealing to the wankers up your ends.

Make sure your alarms are on and you dont park anywhere dodgy etc

This is one of my main concerns about my project :D Not exactly secure is it, will try and do everything i can to make it safe. Removable steering wheel, some sort of alarm???? kill switch etc but its still going to be very open with a LOT of parts just there on show! Almost like a big invitation saying 'Here you go, take what you like'.

Was planning on making a clear engine lid and then getting rid of it once its road legal, may just have to keep a lid on there and maybe even make a second one that isn't clear :D Bloody chav's!!!!!

my mate spotted 3 lads walking round my car at 7 in the morning once, worries me abit but my car gets alot of attention around here anyway as nobody even seems to know what a starlet is let alone a glanza. if anyone stole my car they would be gutted to find out its only an n/a :D

We had a load of parts stolen from a car at our workshop. Luckily the police have arrested and charged a guy from Dartford. After the court case I will post all the details :p

Holy Crap :D Seems nowhere is safe! Bloody hate thieving twats :D You spend loads of time and money on something just to have a gimp come along and steal all you hard work and hard earned money in seconds. :D

Hope you get the parts back!

Parts are long gone mate, over £2k worth

Holy shit! :D I bet he gets some stupidly crap sentance as well. I hate the justice system, i would go ape shit on him. 2k's worth of damage to his face!!!!!! :D gets me angry just thinking about it!

We had a load of parts stolen from a car at our workshop. Luckily the police have arrested and charged a guy from Dartford. After the court case I will post all the details :o

:s

Hope you get it all sorted mate