Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

haha it shoots up to 1bar then cuts off and goes back down. i want hammering it last night cause the actuators way way too high haha going to turn it down on wednesday before i go to roose. day off wednesday matt?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont know i shit myself and took my foot off dint wanna blow the tubby lol going to set it low and work it up to about 0.8 bar for now till i get zorst and fuel pump on :)

Me too matey ^^^ :D

well shes certainly back and better than ever. had a quick blast up the carriage way earlier with socks and was mega impressed that it was a dead heat.

Me less power but less weight

Socks- more power but more weight

just goes to show how much weight does make a difference. shes boosting at a healthy 0.8bar at the min and is pretty rapid to say shes still got the maga restrictive exhaust manifold, cat and middle section on.

Plans for this month are

1) Buy a new cat back exhaust

2) fit decat

3) Port a standard mani and get it shotblasted to look nice :D

4) Dump valve reducer hose for intercooler pipe/dumpvalve is being made and getting picked up friday then fitting that

5) Bought some blue vacuum hose too so get under engine bay kitted out

6) Bought a drivers wing from thorpy so get that picked up on friday

7) spray wing white and bonnet scoop too

8) electric window motor on way too so needs fitting

Few more bits and bobs too

Its going to be a busy month haha giving her a damm good wash and polish tomorrow too lol mucky bitch :p

just goes to show how much weight does make a difference.

:D

Looking good Steve, really come a long way this now! Keep the good work up mate, well impressed with it so far! Good plans for the coming months, will be waiting for more updates :D

well shes certainly back and better than ever. had a quick blast up the carriage way earlier with socks and was mega impressed that it was a dead heat.

Me less power but less weight

Socks- more power but more weight

just goes to show how much weight does make a difference. shes boosting at a healthy 0.8bar at the min and is pretty rapid to say shes still got the maga restrictive exhaust manifold, cat and middle section on.

i was very suprised! goes to show just how much a different weight makes!

0-100mph there is NO difference at all....

after 100mph i do crawl and can pull 2 car lengths by 120mph :D

but the boost being raised will bring that closer! :D

haha i know matt when we pulled up you was like ohh my god!! where the hell did that come from. i was so shocked too. think the zorst will make a huge difference too :D

it will... i cud hear the thrust noise from your backbox, you can tell its restricting the car so much!

need to get a new manifold sorted and maybe a hybrid lol

Had a nice sunny drive to roose motosport today and brought home some lovely blue goodies :)

100_0314.jpg

4 metres of blue vacuum hose and my reducer pipe for my dumpvalve to go onto the front mount intercooler. mikalor clips and some 3 way t pieces :)

There such excellent quality id rate them well above samco

100_0315.jpg

100_0317.jpg

NIce :p

also off to have a drive over to Thorpys tonight to pick up the drivers wing off his GT he's breaking as mine is like a skate park haha

well it pains me to say it but the crank seal change hasnt solved anything. after going so well its just as bad now. its pissing oil out again in small puddles and the brand new clutch is really really high again :) bloody thing. thing is i still dont think its the gear boz seal i think the crank may be fuked and its somehow damaging the crank seal and letting oil out. either way it aint good no matter how you look at it :)

back to square one again now

nah mate i dont want a bottom end rebuild i lose faith in engines if their repaired i think a replacement engine is the way forward to be honest

Feeling it for you, just how i felt when i thought the mani had let go, agree with the rebuilding the motor though unless you are going to rebuild all the motor just doing one area puts stress on other worn areas so doing the bottom end will but stress on the top end an vice a versa, just when you seemd sorted gutted for you.