Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just tie a rope round the top engine mount mate.

im not sure if theres 1 on mine if there is u can borrow it, ill chack later

Thanks mate if you have can you send me it down and il post it back up when I've finished :( can tie a rope round on the left hand side but not too sure where to on middle/right of the bay

This is going to be immense :(

Looking forward to the build up mate

Cheers dude cant wait very excited about the toms kit and quads :D nice new engine to look forward to too B)

any hook is good mate but its the one at the right hand side of the engine which is smack bang in the middle of the bay as you look from the front. but any hook can be put anywhere so anything is better than nothing dude

sound mate ill send u both down. pm me your address again

Will do buddy thanks a lot for this :(

awesomeness is going on in here! fact!!

lovnig the skirts and spats buddy!!!! and gettin the mondy will give u the peace and time to work some magic on the GT!!!! good plan!!!!!

Phil.

thanks matey and yep thats why i bought it going to start taking it apart today hopefully :(

ahhhh right il have a chat to phil then

can blind you next time we have an early morning convoy following you down the motoway lol

started ripping things off my car today couldnt be bothered to take pics but most things are off now going to prep it more tomorrow then engine can come out :(

started stripping things today ready for the full re-con engine build :D

heres after the mornings progress

100_0375.jpg

and heres how one of my rooms looked after a long days stripping

100_0376.jpg

got most of it off which i was happy about but spent 2 hours trying to seperate the turbo from the manifold......and failed

one of the bolts was rounded off and rusted to fuck so really cant get it off and i cant get to the bottom left manifold bolt to take it all off at once. im actually thinking of angle grinding it off lmao

should be getting hold of an engine crane next week so hopefully engine shall be out then :D

started stripping things today ready for the full re-con engine build :D

heres after the mornings progress

100_0375.jpg

and heres how one of my rooms looked after a long days stripping

100_0376.jpg

got most of it off which i was happy about but spent 2 hours trying to seperate the turbo from the manifold......and failed

one of the bolts was rounded off and rusted to fuck so really cant get it off and i cant get to the bottom left manifold bolt to take it all off at once. im actually thinking of angle grinding it off lmao

should be getting hold of an engine crane next week so hopefully engine shall be out then :D

Bottom left is always a pain, can you not get it started with an impact driver???

Bottom left is always a pain, can you not get it started with an impact driver???

cant get to it at all pissing me off lol might leave it all on and take it all out at once with the engine lol

you fail!! no JAE for steve!!

i know mate im sorry but needs to be done now so its nice and show worthy for next season

nice work! why are you taking the manifold off tho? u changing turbo or something?

changing everything dude. mani, turbo, decat downpipe etc as well as rebuilt engine :D

• 2 weeks later...

The engines out :( only took an hour and half too was quite impressed :p

Pics

Photo0311.jpg

Photo0313.jpg

Photo0312.jpg

Photo0314.jpg

Next steps are cleaning and painting engine, gear box and ancillaries. Then probs going to respray the engine bay as its pretty much beyond cleaning. Gunk is good stuff but it doesnt work miracles :thumbsup:

Then its a toms bumper and spoiler of iddy to complete the kit and i should be getting it sprayed

Plenty more to do yet :D

thoughts?