• 1 month later...
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This tried killing me and my mate on the way back from the spring performance action day. A car pulled out in front of me so i slammed the brakes on and the pedal hit the floor. Pretty sure my heart stopped for a moment then but luckily the car in front go on with it and i don't go into the back of it.

It was a fun drive home with no brakes. It's all fixed now though. It turns out when i fitted the coilovers almost three years ago i bent the brake hose brakes, some how and its been slowly wearing away it them.

So, new hoses at the front and my mother kindly ordered me some new pads from Idrees :D

Can't wait for 'fest next week :D

8707537730_f36c6042d5_c.jpg

A photo with a wild GT.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not much aesthetically, you built it pretty spot on, wheels still need a refurb and i need to get it sitting right, lower and some camber.

She has however had a new heart and been stripped out. I should really update my thread more often!

She's in good hands though.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Righty, Grab a drink. It's story time.

My girlfriend was in the market in February for a new car, she was keen on getting a Cilo 172, but i somehow managed to change her mind into getting a glanza, after finding a nice white one for sale, which appeared to looks fair tidy but was hanging on arrival, so we gave that one a miss and struggled to find a nice one in her budget i messaged Matt to see if would be willing to sell this, which he was, but he a started to break it for parts :( it was only missing, seats, turbo kit, and exhaust, so not much. She put a deposit down on the car, and it was collected two weeks later, the same time i got my black S14.

Once we got the car, it was time to start collecting the parts, we set a budget of 1000, to get it back on the road, but we blew that to pieces, here is a small list of parts we got.

Evo Recaros,
JPerformance intercooler,
JPerformance exhuast
Speedvision Hybrid
Tuning dev ignition overhaul kit
Tuning dev AFPR
WEPR Manifold and decat
Toyo R1R's
and a load of over small bits like gaskets and stuff

Most of the parts we collected before the car got even delivered except for the manifold and down pipe, at the time we where looking for one, a decent brand (buy cheap, buy twice) nothing was for sale, so we deiced to go new, and this slowed the build right down, i took around 2 months for it to be delivered and it was wrong, (studs where to short and the flange not flat) so that had to be sent away to be sorted which was another two weeks!

we eventually got the car together, about 3 months after buying it so it was time for the first start! and she fired into life! but was smoking like made and not pulling right, was like driving a NA starlet, so loads of parts where checked and replaced to get this problem sorted after a few weeks of having the car on the ramps and changing parts left right and centre i has happy enough to put her back on the road again, the boost was right down but it still ran.

Once i got the car running right, i started to look into the power of the car, Megan bought a Greedy boost controller and i installed it and set it up, the car was running a solid 0.8 bar but still felt really sluggish so we deiced to bite the bullet and get the car mapped at Tuning Developments, so i set about getting the car prepare for mapping.

The car was leaking oil everywhere, had a coolant leak an need a new lambda and wheel bearing, so i done all that and we set up for TD in the following week, On the way up there the car was sitting at 100 degrees all the way there, with the heaters on fill blast to keep the engine cool, which wasn't fun for the 5 hour drive in the summer. we got there and they installed the E-manage and started to attempt the map the car, nothing happened for hours and Mike told us why, turns out the whole wiring for the conversion had been done wrong, thats why it had so many issues before hand, Nick and Mike tried for hours to try and fix the car but said that it needs a whole new loom. so it was home time for us. Mike also mentioned that it still had a NA rad on the car too, thats why it was over heating.

So with the car back, and off the road again, i set about fixing it, changing all the fluids, seals, changing to a civic half rad
changing the oil pump, cam belt and giving the whole engine bay a once over just to check if everything was good, and in working order and discovered that the turbo had seen better days with lots of play. which brings us up to the next chapter, TD04

We bought a TD04 from a friends of mine who breaks Subarus bought a second hand external TD04 kit form Charlotte and installed it and the car works perfectly! Megan's current;y driving it around as we speak, properly since buying the car in February.

post-6227-0-17571300-1450217453_thumb.jp
post-6227-0-05896300-1450217384_thumb.jp
post-6227-0-98727900-1450217519_thumb.jp

I'll get some proper photos when she is clean

Spec

Perfomance

WEPR EVO TD04 kit
JPerformance intercooler,
JPerformance exhaust
Tuning dev ignition overhaul kit
Tuning dev AFPR
Catch Can
Tial 38mm waste gate
OEM LSD
Stage four Spec clutch
Greedy e-manage
Greedy Profec B spec 2
Tuning Dev fuel pump

Handling

15's in black
toyo R1R's
Polybushed gearbox mount
lowing springs
Braided lines
Grooved disc's
Yellow stuff pads

Interior

Evo recaros
cusco gear knob
Nardi steering wheel
greedy Water temp gauge

cheers buddy, Not sure. she's happy with it at the minute, so well keep her on the road for now, it's going to be booked into TD new year for the loom and mapping. hopefully around march time.

not much is going to change, she wants coilovers and wheels... cage... bodykit haha