Ollie's 98 blitz powered K24 Cruise kitted Glanza

right thought i would do a overdue update

first thing, changed the bonnet pins on the bonnet, i will be going aerocatchs soon but cant be bothered at the moment

old and new pins

006-19.jpg

one bonnet pin wouldnt line up right tho so have a small hole in the bonnet but not fussed at the moment

014-15.jpg

next thing was to give it a clean as it was filthy!

it came up nicely

012-15.jpg

015-14.jpg

i also recieved some 25mm hubcentric spacers from the states, should go nicely with the cruise wings

024-6.jpg

they are fat! lol

025-3.jpg

also recieved some powdercoated front wishbones from cazzac22, cheers mate :p

001-13.jpg

and also just recieved my cruise weather shield to stop the engine getting wet, massive thanks to idrees for the quick delivery :)

now onto the not so good news, shorty and turbo grant took my turbo off to find its not exactly in the best condition, oil seals are well dead, shaft has snapped and the blades wernt sitting in the right place

can just see in this picture that there is a larger gap on the left hand side, apparently the shaft was loose

028-4.jpg

so im now in two minds, either rebuild this turbo costing around £400 or talking to someone at the moment about a near enough brand new blitz k24 turbo so it can handle more boost :)

also the manifold face is slighly warped so that will be getting skimmed

i have to say a huge thanks to shorty and turbo grant, i havnt stopped texting them for about the last month and they are always replying instantly

true legends!!

now just cant wait to have her fixed and back on my driveway hopefully with a meaty as blitz turbo :)

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought i would post a sneaky pic of the turbo, only bought it because its shiny :)

blitzk24.jpg

the guy im buying from has the original reciept for this turbo and it cost him £1100 and is brand new :)

its rated to 1.5bar and around 260bhp, cant wait to have this beast fitted!!

Jamie, they are indeed simlar to td04 in both size and the way it reacts. This should be a beast when shes boosting on the blitz :)

Ollie, your mani is off to have the faces skimmed monday mate so as soon as the turbo turns up me and grant will check it over then fit the kit all back up, gun the timing in and tidy the vac lines up, then she should be good to go and you can have her back till your ready to do the next few bits we have discussed :)

wasthe hybrid nackered in the end mate?

i thought it was due to my exhaust system

yeah my mechanic said it was fucked mate can still use it but its seals were gone or near I fucked and the crack in the wastegate was pritty bad but im going to get it fixed tho :( i work for a oil company and i can get a hold of some really good stuff thats like a weld plaster and if it can hold pipe thats pressure to 10bar .8 will be easy :L