★Amjad's GT Advance ッ★ December updates!

Rubbish! I used THIS and it's fine! The important thing is just to use it properly, there's loads of tutorial videos on youtube and it's easy! You will be shocked at how much crap comes off even a clean car!

I didn't take any pics of the clay when I did the GT, but here's the before and after pics of just one panel on the NA

IMG00156-20100320-1851.jpg

IMG00158-20100320-2057.jpg

Really worth cleaning the paint with clay because if you just polish the car it will be kinda wasting it you know? Plus better results, protection blah blah lol

Go for any cheap clay bar off ebay, just use it carefully..reply coming to your PM now :thumbsup:

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HID's look lush on quadlights

Ordered a TD04 kit yet? :D :D

Hopefully I'll get some in the summer!

LOL it's all in the pipeline, eventually! B)

well done mate this is a great example of a GT :D

Thanks Dave, I appreciate it :D

Just thought I'd mention, I thought I couldn't get the car popping but boy was I wrong lol turns out I wasn't driving it hard B)

Get a bit of heat built up in the exhaust system and it POPs nicely on deceleration whilst tapping the go faster pedal..looking forward to when I get a heatwrapped free-er flowing exhaust mani! B)

Oh and I spanked an old shape S3 the other day which was nice lol

Haha yea I notice the pop alot more when you give it a bit of boost to get the EGT's up.

Ditto on the free flowing exhaust and heatwrap :D I will be down Prospeed this saturday mate if you want to pop down? :D

Was the S3 Sprint Blue with a private plate? If so thats my mate and he wont be happy B)

Haha yea I notice the pop alot more when you give it a bit of boost to get the EGT's up.

Ditto on the free flowing exhaust and heatwrap :D I will be down Prospeed this saturday mate if you want to pop down? :D

Was the S3 Sprint Blue with a private plate? If so thats my mate and he wont be happy B)

I would have come, but I'm back in Soton now lol

Umm not sure on colour, it was either navy/black but it did have a plate S3 FOS/FOP or something similar to that (not sure on last three letters)

He actually gave me a nod when I slowed down, bit of mutual respect, nice! Haha

• 2 weeks later...

Basically what Amir & Ryan said, oil feed :)

Friday I rushed back to Cardiff from uni to get cracking on the car. Plan:

- Strip it out

- Swap rear suspension from N/A (as this is on stock springs)

- Swap discs/pads from N/A (again as this has OEM items)

- Fit my Race-Tech Braided oil line

Managed to get everything stripped leaving the drivers seat, good stuff. Moved on to swapping the suspension. Now when the car went for MOT the rear lowering springs were snapped, so I had them replaced with stock ones as a temporary measure. Little was I to know the bastards that fitted the shocks back in over-tightened the bottom 14mm bolt/nut so it was seized to fcuk! And to make things even worse, when I jacked the car up the axle fell down; the cowboys didn't put nuts on the top mount bolts, but instead on the false studs that are on the shell! :p

So there was little I could do about changing the shocks and springs over, I just secured the top mounts back in..moving on to the brakes now! So I replaced my N/A's pads last year, so everyting was good, until yesterday when a bolt on the caliper was rounded thanks to rust...so brakes didn't happen either!

So..Japfest! Arrived all good, car was fine as far as I knew..Watching all the Hondas etc on track was making me proper nervous about my session but hey! We drove to the briefing, and on our was back as I was parking back up, a kind member of the public pointed out that my car was leaking oil :(

Jacked it up, and sure enough it was dripping from the new (but second hand) Race-Tech oil feed. Naturally, I assumed I just hadn't tightened the bolts up enough, so tightened those and then got on to fitting Yellow Stuff pads I bought off Shane to give me a little more reassurance out there on track! Fitted the pads in fine, dropped the car back down and started it up, 10 minutes before I'm due out on track.

Pumped up the brakes, and the pedal was still on the floor! :L

Jumped out to check the oil leak was gone..in 30 seconds of running it had made a small puddle! So yeah, track wasn't happening! :(

Gary (GBR) had a look at the oil feed for me, and concluded that it wasn't down to me not tightening the bolts, or an issue with gaskets as it was leaking from near where the 19mm bolt goes in; where the bracket is pressed onto the braided flexible part of the line! Gary also had a look at the brakes, the caliper sliders were pretty seized, especially on one side, thankfully he managed to resolve that issue by loosening them up so I had brakes to get home. The issue with the oil clearly wasn't gonna be fixed there so I topped up and we set off home. Literally crawled along, didn't let it touch boost or go over 2500rpm. Topped up oil by the Severn bridge and then got home safe and sound.

Dunno what to do about oil line now. It was a Race-Tech item, but second hand, sold as fully working. It's ironic as I expected the OEM one to fail on track! Don't know whether to buy a new OEM one or get a braided one..does anyone know if Ricky as a warranty on his oil lines?

Was bloody GUTTED I couldn't go out on track but it was a blessing in disguise I suppose, if I wasn't told about the oil leak my engine would surely have gone pop. As you can tell all these issues in such a short space have really pissed me off, but not to worry I WILL be on track soon and better than before! Planning to do what I can afford to uprate the handling and brakes over summer to make thing thing feel at ease on a track..well that's the plan anyway!

Apart from this "small mishap" Japfest was great, nice to meet some new people and put some faces to names etc. Didn't get to meet many people at the stand and I don't think I even managed to take a look around because I was busy faffing around with this shed when I was planning to have a wander round!

Thanks to Gary, Ryan, Shane and everyone else who helped me out yesterday, couldn't have gotten home without your help x