Thoughts On Jae 2010

All very well saying we need to contribute, I had no monies before JAE but on the friday I got paid so went to get some cash out to help out towards the marquee, Geo refused to take my tenner on several accounts.

Next time i'm just going to post it through his bootlid.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with the people contributing part, nothing can be done, but my criticism isnt with the organisation for us guys (uksc, rob did great) but its the people who actually organise JAE, with the events that where mentioned, i didnt see any taking place, and i know we couldnt help where our plot was, but we couldnt hear when the events where taking place, and we didnt know what time they started or anything like that, would you be able to ask them to do like leaflets with times of events and that?

there was nobody selling any when i got there (probably because it was late) so i suppose i wouldnt have known about the programmes :/

but other than that it was an awesome weekend!

oh and getting the security to lighten up a bit would make it better lol

I'm going to be a bit of a gob-shite now (nothing new there then!) and say things that I'd imagine a lot of people are thinking :D

Phil's right.

Certain things are out of Rob's hands. I know there were supposed to be ramps over the speedbumps but for some reason they weren't there. I'm sure it'll get fed back to John (and not only by Rob!) so thats all that can be done on that matter. If there's anything else that needs feeding back to the organisers (such as the location of the activities) then let us know and we'll do that.

In terms of activities during the day, we have tried to get people involved in things like the 'its a knockout club challenge' and the '5-a-side football' but there was very little interest from club members :) Thats not something Rob has control over. This year, we can put posts up on the forum, giving people chance to sign-up for activities but if people don't join in, there's not much else we can do, as you need to put the club name down for a lot of the activities before the show. If anyone has any suggestions for activities we could do as a club on the pitch, just holler and we'll see what we can do :D

In terms of location, the site was booked a lot faster and earlier than last year, we booked the pitch a lot earlier this year. I know Geo and Rob are looking at booking the site asap (Rob's already been in contact with John) and the first opportunity will be the reps meeting which we are hoping to be at this year, so fingers crossed we'll be in a better spot in 2011 :D That said, the main fields are much more expensive, which moves nicely onto my next point...

There are a lot of things people would like, a better pitch, bigger/better sounds, a more sturdy marquee to kick things off, but the question is... how many of you would be prepared to contribute some cash to it? And I don't mean say you will, I mean actually put your money where your mouth is. The generator this year was paid for by Rob with some help from a small number of members, the pitch and the marquee was paid for by Geo, again with help from a small number of members. If members will contribute, then these things will be more likely to happen. It doesn't have to be a lot, but it all counts and if everyone who attended chipped in a tenner, we'd have a lot of money in the pot to sort things out! I know that next year the stand policy is probably being changed, so that only those who buy an advanced will have a space on the club stand. How would people feel about paying a bit more for tickets and their space to give us a better stand etc?

Despite getting married in June, which is coming round far too fast & taking up far too much time & money, I know Rob is uber excited about planning JAE next year, despite what some people have been told. Having seen how much work Rob puts in to JAE every year, I just want to make a point of saying thankyou to all those members who have offered their help, it's much appreciated.

Rant over :D I feel much better now.

that wasn't gob-shitey or a rant my dear. its all 100% on the money.

at the end of the day, people can request a better pitch, a bigger generator for music, etc etc etc, but those of us who are not in education any more are not going to bankroll this operation. if people want this stuff they need to poney up the funds or it just will never happen.

we will never have the money of the scooby boys or SXOC, that goes with the territory of our demographic, i.e. these are fun little 1.3s that are easily insured by young folk in education and living at home and not on a full time megabucks salary, but unless people actually front up some money to a pot controlled by rob, then these improvements will never see the light of day because no one can expect rob and a select few in full time employment with a few extra quid to cover the lot.

Phil.

Agree with all of the above, one way to generate money for the club would be to actually restrict certain areas of the site unless you are a paying member ie for sale section, wanted etc now dont all go and shoot me down on this one but as already stated the club does not generate money so to actually put things in place is hard and i bet Rob & Co begged ,borrowed and stole to ensure everthing was as it was for the show.

If we all front a set fee to allow the growth of the club then i am all for putting in :D

A yearly fee is the way forward to help the club grow, what are everyones thought on the matter???

John

Agree with all of the above, one way to generate money for the club would be to actually restrict certain areas of the site unless you are a paying member ie for sale section, wanted etc now dont all go and shoot me down on this one but as already stated the club does not generate money so to actually put things in place is hard and i bet Rob & Co begged ,borrowed and stole to ensure everthing was as it was for the show.

If we all front a set fee to allow the growth of the club then i am all for putting in ^_^

A yearly fee is the way forward to help the club grow.

John

John is right that the club doesn't generate money as such (it does but it goes towards paying for the hosting etc), definitely making things more difficult to put into place, but if I'm honest, I don't think a yearly membership fee is the way to go, partly because a lot of members wouldn't pay it and because not everyone goes to a show meaning some people wouldn't necessarily see the physical benefits such as an improved club stand at shows such as JAE. We don't want to see the club dissapear and die :p

In terms of a fee for certain areas, what about a fee for the traders? It doesn't have to be massive but in reality this is currently 'free' trading space for them. If a trader had a website, with such specific traffic as they have here, surely it would be an expensive thing to set up and maintain. ;)

We did beg, borrow and steal to get things for the show and I know when Jo was around ('scuse me mentioning her name ^_^ ), she asked a trader to pay for a generator for one of the shows she played a part in organising. Great idea, but we can't rely purely on traders to pay for us to have a good set up at shows, they won't be prepared to do it for every show of every year.

I know we all say that members are often young and still living at home, but some of us are young and running our own homes which means we have a lot of outgoings too. Even those members who aren't so 'young' still have responsibilities but find a way to contribute. Sometimes you just have to find a way. The preparation stages for JAE start, pretty much, straight after JAE finishes. Members can't be telling me they don't have a spare tenner between now & the next JAE. I mean, we're getting married and running our own home and will probably find a lot more than a spare tenner each between now and then to support the show.

It's a difficult area and things could go horribly wrong if the whole thing isn't thought about properly :D I think its something all members need to be involved in and they need to make an input as to how they would feel, but until we find money from somewhere, JAE won't be able to improve much more than it already is, which is still a fantastic weekend and worth every penny ;)

Those attending JAE should chip in a minimum of a fiver towards everything we want to get for next year (incl. fees for the plot on a better field).

I think that is only fair but at the end of the day, once its done, we benefit from this for years.

rob's wayyyyy ahead of u with that idea lol!

Phil.

Glad to hear that Phil at the end of the day it will benifit everyone that attends shows and the CLUB as a whole as it is at shows that we are SEEN, i did not mean charge for shows alone and Mrs B comments on traders is legitimate and a fair point.

We need something to move the club to the next level, should there be a charge for advertising in the random lists??

Unsure as to how to move it forward without up setting folks or charging people everyones comments welcome on the matter as its for the benefit of ALL.

John

Someone get an account together and ill chip in every month or every other month because i will be defiantly coming JAE 2011, i probably have the worst paid job going ^_^

As said above, everyone that puts there name on for the club stand should chip in at least a fiver or more ;)

If we start taking now we should have enough for next year ^_^

Guest cheshireglanza

i have a mate who has full dj setup i can bring along to jae 2011 all he wants is free drink off me for the weekend he's rather good goes round few night clubs in chester save the club some money

rob's wayyyyy ahead of u with that idea lol!

Phil.

Glad to hear that Phil at the end of the day it will benifit everyone that attends shows and the CLUB as a whole as it is at shows that we are SEEN, i did not mean charge for shows alone and Mrs B comments on traders is legitimate and a fair point.

We need something to move the club to the next level, should there be a charge for advertising in the random lists??

Unsure as to how to move it forward without up setting folks or charging people everyones comments welcome on the matter as its for the benefit of ALL.

John

It all depends on what people are prepared to pay for their tickets. I suggested to Rob last night that, for example, if tickets are £20 then people pay £30 with that covering the cost of their ticket, postage and a contribution to the club but he feels that members wouldn't pay that much. What do other people think? Should we stick it at £25 with people adding what they see fit as a donation? I definitely think that everyone who want to benefit from things should be prepared to chip in. I mean, I've chipped in every year we've been and up until a week (ish) ago, I wasn't an official member.

Someone get an account together and ill chip in every month or every other month because i will be defiantly coming JAE 2011, i probably have the worst paid job going ^_^

As said above, everyone that puts there name on for the club stand should chip in at least a fiver or more :p

If we start taking now we should have enough for next year ^_^

This is something I know has been thought about, but what implications would this have for the club? Would we need to be a business? A charity? I'm not sure. Would we need to keep accounts? Any ideas anyone? It would also need a number of signatries (sp?).

i have a mate who has full dj setup i can bring along to jae 2011 all he wants is free drink off me for the weekend he's rather good goes round few night clubs in chester save the club some money

Chesh, that sounds like a fab idea ;) But, I'd guess it means we need a proper generator ;) Which means members contributing. So long as people are going to do that, I think it'd be fab :D

In terms of a fee for certain areas, what about a fee for the traders? It doesn't have to be massive but in reality this is currently 'free' trading space for them. If a trader had a website, with such specific traffic as they have here, surely it would be an expensive thing to set up and maintain. ^_^

Im pretty sure the traders like iddy etc. pay to trade on here but for normal members who just sell things in the classifieds dont pay to sell on here. Id happily chip in a tenner towards stuff for the show next year as ive heard off people on here and few other mates that JAE is awesome, but I just didnt have the money to go this year plus was picking up the car on the sunday. Also think GBR motorsport said he had a generator that he could take to shows but im not too sure.

It all depends on what people are prepared to pay for their tickets. I suggested to Rob last night that, for example, if tickets are £20 then people pay £30 with that covering the cost of their ticket, postage and a contribution to the club but he feels that members wouldn't pay that much. What do other people think? Should we stick it at £25 with people adding what they see fit as a donation? I definitely think that everyone who want to benefit from things should be prepared to chip in. I mean, I've chipped in every year we've been and up until a week (ish) ago, I wasn't an official member.

Agree with an increase but would people go direct and still expect room on the stand?

Advance tickets only allowed on the stand would sort out this issue, i think £10 is fair for the weekend if we as a Club benefit from what is put in

This is something I know has been thought about, but what implications would this have for the club? Would we need to be a business? A charity? I'm not sure. Would we need to keep accounts? Any ideas anyone? It would also need a number of signatries (sp?).

You would need a treasurer, committee etc if you put this together to stay above board even more probs!!

Chesh, that sounds like a fab idea ^_^ But, I'd guess it means we need a proper generator :p Which means members contributing. So long as people are going to do that, I think it'd be fab ;)

Hopefully it will get sorted.

Does the club admin meet to discuss issues like this one??

If they held accounts then they would have to meet on a regular basis to be above board.

Oh an nice avatar ^_^ brightens up the day ;)

Keep Calm and Carry On

John

"meet" - lol that could prove a little difficult. i hadnt seen Geo or si in 4 yrs, and hadnt seen rob in 3! lol

altho tbh, if anyone wanted to stage a coup of the two forums all they had to do was nuke Jays on saturday nite there, me Joz and Jay all in the one place lol.

treasurers...committees...remaining legal, this is where things start to get tricky and legal advice is probably best needed (cue enzo's sister lol)

Phil.

"meet" - lol that could prove a little difficult. i hadnt seen Geo or si in 4 yrs, and hadnt seen rob in 3! lol

altho tbh, if anyone wanted to stage a coup of the two forums all they had to do was nuke Jays on saturday nite there, me Joz and Jay all in the one place lol.

treasurers...committees...remaining legal, this is where things start to get tricky and legal advice is probably best needed (cue enzo's sister lol)

Phil.

Conferance calls would get round that one ^_^ oh well best shut up an go away before i get ;)

Perhaps a paypal account might be the way to go? Having a commitee and meetings blah blah blah might get a little complicated! And like phil says, its not going to be practical for the entire team of mods and admin to get together, as much as they'd like to!

Agree with an increase but would people go direct and still expect room on the stand?

Advance tickets only allowed on the stand would sort out this issue, i think £10 is fair for the weekend if we as a Club benefit from what is put in

Oh an nice avatar ^_^ brightens up the day ^_^

Keep Calm and Carry On

John

I think the plan for next year will be advanced tickets only on the stand because it will help in terms of deciding how big a pitch we need to book, meaning we won't book & pay for too much so there'll be no wasted money! ;) It also cuts down on the chances of people pulling out at short notice, once people have paid they're more likely to turn up! None of this yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm coming, really excited, book me a place on the stand...no show ;) There'll be no excuses either, people know that chances are they will need to pay in advance to be guaranteed a space on the stand, know its going to be roughly £30...get saving now, put it on your xmas list or your birthday list (or even your wedding list!) :p

Glad you like the avatar John, I always aim to please :D

dont be daft! these idea are bang on John mate, please feel free to keep them coming, and anytime u wana bounce them off me or rob in person just drop us a call my friend, honestly, please do.

tbh, we'd be heading into realms totally unknown for UKSC. til now, geo has paid the rent, I've been running the forum, Joz has been the technical guru, Si has been on the moderation case and our mods and other staff have plugged away. its been a hobby in our free time that has never really taking anything in the way of planning. I rarely speak to Geo on the phone because i rarely have cause to, things rarely get out of hand around here and the biggest changes have been easily discussed in our admin lounge.

i have no objections to listening to Geo's sexy tones on the phone more often tho lol, the forum has evolved dramatically to her current evolution using our tried and tested approaches, regular brain storming sessions wouldnt do us any harm but will require more concerted effort from all our parties.

Phil.

i have no objections to listening to Geo's sexy tones on the phone more often tho lol

Phil.

You love listening to Geo's dulcet tones on the phone ^_^ Just as you love listening to Rob's (and mine obviously!) ;)