Thoughts On Jae 2010

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from an even view i would agree with ryan as none of the stuff i actually saw.

From a club view i would say maybe music (better sounds) next year? although the stand is constantly improving year by year as we make more of a mark :(

as already mentioned, the speed bumps were a total prick, but thats out of Rob's hands, however maybe u can feed these comments back to John at JAE Rob mate, let him know it was a major problem for all concerned.

major sounds will require a bigger generator, which will require money from members, and some method of getting it there, so those logistical issues will need addressed if we want bigger beats. a support vehicle is really going to be needed, someone with access to a van for the thursday and the sunday.

Phil.

Neither of them put out either.

Ha why? did you try and see how far they would go?

but as above speed bumps where a pain, didnt effect me too much but alot of others did, maybe recomend they have some sort of ramps for next year.

Also as phill has said, some loud tunes in the uksc marquee would be an improvement, only thing missing in the evnings.

that aside best weekend ive had in years, cant wait till next year

only other improvment i can think of is for it to go on for longer XD

Maybe not louder music just better (sorry Andy lol)

Very good show all in all, as mentioned speed bumps were a bind and the lack of notification about any events, trading stands weren't that good either this year. Think the only thing I can suggest for our stand though is Location, Location, Location

Much love

Si x

Ha why? did you try and see how far they would go?

Your missus would have had them quite easily methinks, Woody was all over her. That said, Woody was all over everyone at some point in the night. We just need the female strippers :thumbsup:

As everyone has said, speedbumps. My exhaust hath scrapes.

My only two critisms for this year are the location and the lack of tunes.

If we were where we were last year that would have made the weekend better. And having some tunes woulda made the night time a tiny bit better seems though every other club was blasting tunes 24/7

as already mentioned, the speed bumps were a total prick, but thats out of Rob's hands, however maybe u can feed these comments back to John at JAE Rob mate, let him know it was a major problem for all concerned.

major sounds will require a bigger generator, which will require money from members, and some method of getting it there, so those logistical issues will need addressed if we want bigger beats. a support vehicle is really going to be needed, someone with access to a van for the thursday and the sunday.

Phil.

I'm going to be a bit of a gob-shite now (nothing new there then!) and say things that I'd imagine a lot of people are thinking :D

Phil's right.

Certain things are out of Rob's hands. I know there were supposed to be ramps over the speedbumps but for some reason they weren't there. I'm sure it'll get fed back to John (and not only by Rob!) so thats all that can be done on that matter. If there's anything else that needs feeding back to the organisers (such as the location of the activities) then let us know and we'll do that.

In terms of activities during the day, we have tried to get people involved in things like the 'its a knockout club challenge' and the '5-a-side football' but there was very little interest from club members :D Thats not something Rob has control over. This year, we can put posts up on the forum, giving people chance to sign-up for activities but if people don't join in, there's not much else we can do, as you need to put the club name down for a lot of the activities before the show. If anyone has any suggestions for activities we could do as a club on the pitch, just holler and we'll see what we can do :)

In terms of location, the site was booked a lot faster and earlier than last year, we booked the pitch a lot earlier this year. I know Geo and Rob are looking at booking the site asap (Rob's already been in contact with John) and the first opportunity will be the reps meeting which we are hoping to be at this year, so fingers crossed we'll be in a better spot in 2011 :D That said, the main fields are much more expensive, which moves nicely onto my next point...

There are a lot of things people would like, a better pitch, bigger/better sounds, a more sturdy marquee to kick things off, but the question is... how many of you would be prepared to contribute some cash to it? And I don't mean say you will, I mean actually put your money where your mouth is. The generator this year was paid for by Rob with some help from a small number of members, the pitch and the marquee was paid for by Geo, again with help from a small number of members. If members will contribute, then these things will be more likely to happen. It doesn't have to be a lot, but it all counts and if everyone who attended chipped in a tenner, we'd have a lot of money in the pot to sort things out! I know that next year the stand policy is probably being changed, so that only those who buy an advanced will have a space on the club stand. How would people feel about paying a bit more for tickets and their space to give us a better stand etc?

Despite getting married in June, which is coming round far too fast & taking up far too much time & money, I know Rob is uber excited about planning JAE next year, despite what some people have been told. Having seen how much work Rob puts in to JAE every year, I just want to make a point of saying thankyou to all those members who have offered their help, it's much appreciated.

Rant over :D I feel much better now.

that wasn't gob-shitey or a rant my dear. its all 100% on the money.

at the end of the day, people can request a better pitch, a bigger generator for music, etc etc etc, but those of us who are not in education any more are not going to bankroll this operation. if people want this stuff they need to poney up the funds or it just will never happen.

we will never have the money of the scooby boys or SXOC, that goes with the territory of our demographic, i.e. these are fun little 1.3s that are easily insured by young folk in education and living at home and not on a full time megabucks salary, but unless people actually front up some money to a pot controlled by rob, then these improvements will never see the light of day because no one can expect rob and a select few in full time employment with a few extra quid to cover the lot.

Phil.