ep_brad sliver quadlight gt,

how awesome is the TDO4 kit and yes the sound is just :)

you not going to get it mapped??

specially if your running 0.7..

i am only on 6psi getting mapped 2 weeks thow :)

the more you go on about the bloody tdo4 the more i think about wacking mine on!lol

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could run it upto 0.8 just under fuel cut but i will just stick to running 0.6 until ive got enough money to get it set up the car came with a jam fcd wired in so just need a fuel pressure reg and i want an uprated fuel pump then take it over to Alan jefferys in plymouth.

Still goes bloody well apart from this miss fire thats started i think the ht leads are buggered and are falling apart so ive got another set coming tomorrow hopefully that sorts it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the misfire :) it wasnt the plugs for leads etc so i done a compression test

1=55

2=160

3=160

4=160

So we knew it was something more serious then leads etc so me and a mate started to strip the car down to remove the head

Cams removed

IMG_0170.jpg

Finally head removed

IMG_0177-1.jpg

Loads of people on tgtt said that the piston or rings would have failed so i removed the sump and then the piston and conrod

IMG_0172.jpg

These were in perfect condition with no signs of damage we were a bit stumped.

After a closer look at the headgasket i noticed it had cracked between 2-3 but the compression was perfect in both of those cylinders :D

SL370005.jpg

The general state of all the cooling system was piss poor tbh and then we noticed the thermostat was fucked and didnt open when i put it in boiling water. But the car never went over half on the temp gauge and hasnt used any water.

I then inspected the head and noticed that around the exhaust valve on number on there was a crack all the way around and the valve didnt sit properly.

IMG_0173.jpg

So the head is scrap :p I managed to source another one from here that should be here tomorrow and then i can drop it off to be skimmed.

Ive also ordered genuine headbolts and gaskets from camskill along with a new thermostat, cam seals so fingers crossed it will be back together on saturday.

While im waiting for parts i cleaned to the fuel rail and inlet manifold and sprayed them in sliver.

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

I cant wait to drive it again its only done 18miles since mot :D

Received my order from camskill and a few other company's today ready to put the car back together on saturday

Genuine toyota inlet manifold gasket from TM developments

IMG_0184.jpg

New camshaft oil seals

IMG_0183.jpg

New fuel filter and spark plugs

IMG_0182.jpg

Genuine toyota headbolts and washers

IMG_0181.jpg

Genuine toyota headgasket

IMG_0185.jpg

I dropped my new head off at a local company to be skimmed and pressure tested and they phone me this afternoon saying its all done so i will go and pick that up tomorrow morning and hopefully start putting it back together saturday.

Fingers crossed it will be all done on saturday.

• 4 weeks later...

woohoo its running again :( I just need a timing light to adjust the distributor and insure it again.

I gave it a proper wash and polish today as it hasnt been done since last year and sorted out my wheels as the salt has got to them :blush: I started with 1500 grit followed by 2000 grit then metal polish and they have come up a treat :D

DSCF3020.jpg

DSCF3021.jpg

DSCF3022.jpg

DSCF3023.jpg

DSCF3024.jpg

DSCF3025.jpg

DSCF3026.jpg

DSCF3027.jpg

DSCF3028.jpg

DSCF3029.jpg

Well seeing as ive now sold my wheels and the car is on axle stands i decided to give the arches and calipers and lick of paint.

The first coat it still drying and ive run out of paint so i will grab some more tomorrow

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

and gave my exhaust a quick polish

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

Seeing as ive sold my lenso rs5 to a member on here there was only 1 set of wheels i wanted.

Of course fro's green rota clubstars :) should be here sometime this week i cant wait to get them fitted :)

clubsport.jpg

the old toytuning demo car

clubstars2.jpg

livesport2-1.jpg

I see where that green theme is heading!! Car looks well Brad, hopefully everything runs smoothly for tomorrow. Guy reckoned those wheels might have came off the TT demo car but I wouldnt be too sure as you seen how things were when explained as "mint" :o

look forward to fitted pics!