Evening All,

Was going to wait till Sunday when i know for certain if i have the car but its looking more and more like the car is mine! Insurance ends on the lexus on Saturday at 11:59pm and starts on the new Mazda one minute later B)

Have already said that i will take it if everything checks out and its as MINT as it looks. Now i wouldn't normally be this keen that im going to buy a car before even viewing it but i have spoken to the current owner and he is sound. The car is well known on a MX5 forum and several members have said how MINT it is.

Been named Project 'Koshin' as Koshin is the Japanese God of the roads B) lol

Here is the original add and some old pics.........

1989 Eunos 1.6 - Mariner Blue - £2600 no offers!

SUBJECT TO VIEWING THE CAR IS RESERVED FOR DEMON

The car has full service history. Road Tax to 31 July and MOT to 21 Feb 2011.

The car is in excellent condition. Very low mileage. Last owner in UK kept the car for 14 years and no expense was/has been spared with servicing/sorting any mechanical issues etc. The car has covered circa 8,600 in the UK and was imported with 44,000 km on the clock, 36,100 miles total!!!!!

Always garaged and has seen very little poor weather. No rusty sills etc

The car has had a full conversion to UK spec (speedo, gearbox, rear panel & number plate etc)

The stuff I have done:-

New Arc Magic Chamber

Blue Mountney wheel (340mm)

Bespoke "Bridge of Wear" blue leather seats & door cards

Leather gear and handbrake gaiter

Polished Voodoo knob

Chrome gear surround

White dials (blue numerals)

JVC radio/single CD player

New door speakers

New headreast speakers

New Magnecor leads

Bespoke induction set up

Polished Cam cover

Timing set to 14 degrees

Polished engine brace bar

SS Cat back exhaust (less than 500 miles ago)

SS Silenced de-cat (less than 500 miles ago)

New Lenso RS5 wheels & Toyo's (new 500 miles ago)

Lowered on new adjustable KYB AGX and Eibachs

Car has been fully W.I.M' d

New Garage Vary splitter

TT Style/roll over bar

New Blue Mohair hood with zip out rear screen

Smoked black side indicators and markers

New Blue halogen headlights.

They don't come in much better condition than this!

Only reason I'm selling the car is because my back is buggered thanks to a young lout who ran me down in December 2009. I fully intended to keep the car as it is the best example I have owned but my poor mobility has put paid to that.

Some old pics.........

100_1657.jpg

DSC01671-1.jpg

DSC01672.jpg

DSC01671.jpg

DSC01670.jpg

DSC01683.jpg

DSC01674.jpg

and a recent one..............

car.jpg

Been told that the underside is like a new car and the only thing he can fault with the paintwork is a very slight blemish in the laquer on the boot, nothing a machine won't fix ;)

He is also throwing in spare set of headlights, side indicators, leads, cambelt, jack, sideskirts etc

I was originally after a 1.8 but this was just too good to miss and the only difference is about 10 mph off the top speed.

Plan is to do a few little mods, new steering wheel, maybe flock the dash?, back to import plates on the front/back, engine dress up and just continue to keep it as MINT as i possibly can, which will be the hard part!!!!!!!

Already have the first mod waiting, New suede/blue steering wheel (£35) thanks to a stand at the Autosport show on Saturday.

DSC01995.jpg

DSC01996.jpg

Not long now and i will be back to the Demon project.........

Would love to know what you guys and gals think......

Jason :o

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll find the 1.6 accelerates way faster than the 1.8. The 1.8 is just so boring and slow, atleast with the 1.6 it will rip better:D

Day

Had a few people say that now! Have been told that the only difference is that the 1.6 is about 10mph off the top speed of a 1.8.

Jason ;)

BlueBear beat me to it, they like to rev more than the 1.8's due to the shorter stroke B)

Do love Eunos's, why someone would convert it to UK spec plates I'll never know ;)

Glad your getting rid of that chavvy wheel aswell B)

Get it slammed and hella flushed and leave it :o

BlueBear beat me to it, they like to rev more than the 1.8's due to the shorter stroke :o

Do love Eunos's, why someone would convert it to UK spec plates I'll never know B)

Glad your getting rid of that chavvy wheel aswell B)

Get it slammed and hella flushed and leave it :D

Thanks for the great comments Guys ;)

Im still unsure about the interior? New wheel will get fitted asap. I would love a set of brides, carbon door cards and flocked dash. would look sex then! B)

Sparky, thought about going hellaflush but want to keep it useable and don't want to wreck the handlng too much.

Think the engine needs more polished parts though B)

Obviously Brides and carbon door cards would be full of win, your forgetting some Takata's though ;)

And I suppose being useable is quite important, so just some fat wheels and maybe a tad lower then B)

Im sure you will get that bay even more bling, some how B)

Obviously Brides and carbon door cards would be full of win, your forgetting some Takata's though :o

And I suppose being useable is quite important, so just some fat wheels and maybe a tad lower then B)

Im sure you will get that bay even more bling, some how :o

Hmmm, think your on it with the Takata's ;) Although don't know if they really go with the blue.

Sparkdog, i saw some 3' TRS Green harnesses on Saturday at the autosport show in Birmingham, i didn't even click i had seen them till i got home and remembered you where after some B)

me wanty! ahh been looking at mk1's for ages now so need a eunos or miata in my life!

although i want to get a mk1 and put a rotary engine in it B) 0 offset wheels with a slam and my life will be complete and i will never moan again! ;)

me wanty! ahh been looking at mk1's for ages now so need a eunos or miata in my life!

although i want to get a mk1 and put a rotary engine in it B) 0 offset wheels with a slam and my life will be complete and i will never moan again! ;)

Yes i have been looking non stop for the last few weeks and there where a few ok ones, was so close to getting a minter but someone beat me to it. Then this one came up! and i just said i will take it. There are loads out there but its a case of going through all the sites etc and searching out the minters. The mileage on this one was just unreal for its age so just said yes straight away.

Hopefully get some better pics of it on sunday, including the underside cleanliness B)

Not keen on interior and under bonnet is abit "too" shiney for me personally but looks a clean shell

Love Na6's though ;) been to look at a few myself before deciding on wanting a civic but been looking at a few of these again haha

Im sort of 50/50 on interior but will probably change it anyway. I love the shape also, can't wait to have pop up headlights :o

OK, a small update, had a message sent to me today from the current owner, the smile on my face is now even bigger!

here is the message........

Jason

Whilst I remember it:-

Not only have I been a fastidious owner but the previous owner was also so inclined.

On getting all the paperwork together and reading the service schedules (at ridiculously low mileage intervals) I am reminded of one additional "nice to have". The previous owner didn't understand that rear differentials can whine a little so he asked Mazda to change it. Consequently with a bill of over £1,400 the car had a brand new differential.

He also had little items like the seat belt stalks replaced because the red "push" button was faded by the sun.

I have put a history file together for you and this includes my MX5 parts purchases etc (although I can't find the order receipt for the new eibachs. From memory they were out of stock when I ordered and they were rushed through to Tony Bones at W.I.M for fitting without an invoice being raised, although they took payment from my credit card. Hopefully you will trust me on this (however one look at the springs will show they are brand new). I am sure MX5 Parts will verify this if needed.

Lastly the car has an original "Japanese" stamped service history and supporting sales documentation. This is extremely RARE to get such a history. Basically the cars maintenance can be plotted back to 1989.

Has that wetted your appetite even more now????

Incidentally I have held off 4 other potential buyers until after Sunday so please do let know if you can't make it so I can have a back up plan.

Take care

Grant

;) B)B)

Great looking car!!! Considering one as a daily beater in the summer...

Thanks dude, can't wait to get it and make it my own :p

OK, had a few more emails from the guy selling the car. Im actually stunned........

One thing I have noticed as I put the tax disc in last night there is a very very small ding in the windscreen (external only) right down in the corner by tax disc and not noticable or an issue for MOT. If it were me I would get it filled (but it really is nit picking as it is very minor).

You say the car sounds amazing!. Personally I love it. I have had 2 MK1's a MK2.5 Euphonic and a MK3 Launch Edition. This car is the best I have owned and all were special (in perect order). I only buy decent quality.

My first MK1 was a show winner and was sold to a MX5 O/C member for £1,500 more than I paid for it.

My MK3 Launch edition was VERY special. Mazda bought it back off me (as they had customer desperate for one) and in the year I owned it it gained £900 in value (DIFFERENCE FROM WHAT I PAID THE DEALER AND THE AMOUNT I SOLD IT BACK TO THEM). Thats a first!!!!

IN ADDITION WHEN I CHANGED THE SUSPENSION I CHANGED THE TOP MOUNTS TO THE TALLER STUD VERSION TO ALLOW FOR THE ENGINE BRACE BAR TO BE FITTED. THE TOP MOUNTS WERE FULLY TREATED AND I INSTALLED NEW GASKETS AT THE SAME TIME.

WHEN THE EXHAUST WAS FITTED MX5 PARTS INSTALLED A NEW REAR HANGER TO ENSURE A TIGHT FIT.

THE SUSPENSION/GEOMETRY SET UP IS FOR FAST ROAD USE (SET UP BY WHEELS IN MOTION)

THE SHOCKS CAN BE SET TO YOUR PREFERENCE. AT THE MOMENT THEY ARE QUITE SOFT AND GREAT FOR OUR POTHOLES BUT YOU MIGHT WANT TO TURN THE DIAL AND FIRM THEM UP.

TYRES ARE TOYO (VIRTUALLY NEW) AND I RUN THEM AT 26PSI (RECOMMENDED)

Battery has been on trickle charge all winter and is 100% charged.

The battery has been replaced (from gel unit) to a Delphi Freedom calcium battery (Normal Lead Acid type) which gives better life and starting power. The conversion has been done correctly and vented and earthed professionally. This is the best mod in my opinion as Gel batteries can lose charge quickly if the car is not used regularly.

;) ;) ;)