Another year another car... its just how i roll!

well went about fitting my XXr's this morning,

first problem i encountered was that even without my coilovers fitted the cars is still to low to get my jack under :)

so...

6fdd85fc.jpg

Had to ghetto it up a bit and drive over some spare wood to raise the car enough to get the jack under

Luckily found the Spigot rings and wheel nuts from my previous wheels fitted these bang on! well happy with that :(

aaand...

because i haven't given you guys a decent photo yet i thought i would be kind and qive you a quick peak of its current state:

DSCF1677.jpg

arnt i kind :)

Next up is an arch roll! really badly need one as there currently scrapping like a mofo!! B)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

roof will be going satin black but going to wait till all the little bits are done and it can all gets sprayed up at once.

i was going to take the hard top off and use the black soft top but it was cold and i couldn't be arsed :)

as in engine? yeah i would love a rotary but the whole point of getting this car was that fuel etc is to expensive. so a nice little 1.6 will do me for the time being :)

i still have my 350bhp scoob if i feel the need for speed lol!

just photoshoped my roof black so will upload that now...

arches are now rolled, all went well apart from a slight paint crack on the passenger side front arch but i'm not fussed as i'm getting body work sorted soon.

now i can roll around on the bad boy xxr's with no scrubbing! :p

pics are shit as i only had my phone but cant say it was particularly interesting anyway:lol:

28481e07.jpg

a32a7c47.jpg

wheels look wicked dude, any pics of it off the stands?

No forgot to take any of the finished article, but will try and grab some soon

Were those SSR Mesh wheels you had on before? What you done with them now by the way? New rims looks tasty!

I wish they where SSR mesh's haha. They are Axis OG's... current day equivalent of the SSR

http://www.axiswheels.com/view-wheel/ogsan

Pretty dam fine wheels all the same, but not a low enough offset for me so sold them on ;)

is that a pug 206 splitter?

not sure tbh, i know its off something fairly common but cant remember what lol... will be going soon anyway

looks great, i still really want one but....

Garage Vary front splitter, and RS*R Exmag exhaust and it'll be perfect ;)

Still considering a Garage Vary lip but think it wont go with the look i'm going for... got an OEM lip on the way instead

I would loooove a rsr exhaust but finding one is impossible! :o. mine aint half bad but has nothing on the youtube vid haha

http://www.jdmbits.com/search/label/Exhaust

Email or fb message him. Seems to have a few or at least be able to source a few. ive spoken to him on fb about a few things, and generally seems quite helpful.

he has some wicked rare parts, might fire him an email or two with some question. cheers for the link.

Think the Garage Vary front lip will look awesome on yours! looks great on mine! ;)

I'm so undecided, they look awesome but then again i only really like them on black 5's. might give one ago when summer comes along me thinks

Well updates have slowed recently, been concentrating on selling my Subaru... but thats now sold off to a new home.

So progress has begun again on the mx5 as i now need to make it road worthy :driving:.

My splitter FINALLY arrived from some fucktard of a mx5nutz member! only took a month and a half!! but atleast i have it now ;)

MX5 parts discs and pads where ordered and have arrived..... and only cost me £67 for the full set :p

discsandpads.jpg

also ordered this badboy:

Gwing.jpg

Mmmm thats going to look sweet on my hardtop! and pretty rare

Have an MOT this afternoon, so figures crossed it passes! then i need to get the car off to paint.

more updates to come :D