Another year another car... its just how i roll!

the wheels have grown on me silver so will be staying that colour for the time being. spoiler is now on a plane over to here! cant wait to get it on!

I will be one of three with it in the whole of the UK!! mega rare loveliness FTW!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well coilovers are on and i wound them down as far as they could go while still retaining the helper springs. either way its more then low enough for my area and the dam speed bumps :o

Pics:

Low enough?... meh it will do lol

DSCF1693.jpg

DSCF1697.jpg

DSCF1691.jpg

Mmmm minty fresh :thumbsup:

DSCF1692.jpg

Loving your 5 buddy looks sweet i got one for weekend skids! glanzas are fun going fast in a straight line or clipping the apex and boosting but nothins quite like kicking the back out and going side ways :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

What camera did you use to take those pics? Has it got a fisheye lens or it is just fisheye effect?

Fuji finepix, pretty old now but does the job great... and yeah had a fish eye lens attachment on for the last two :o

Loving your 5 buddy looks sweet i got one for weekend skids! glanzas are fun going fast in a straight line or clipping the apex and boosting but nothins quite like kicking the back out and going side ways :D

cheers man, these have some mean amount of grip round the corners but give it some and they slide great! bit harder to slide now with the 15x8 ET0's but i like a challenge :D

Helper springs? You left them in? Get them removed NOW!!!!! :D

Looks awsome mate :D

I have speed bump man, speed bumps! ;)

already scrap on eeeeverything lol! will see if summer brings me to remove them and ride on my tyres haha

Stance is great mate!

Why thank yous ;)

Next up for the 5... Paaaaint! finally my roof can go black, my project G spoiler can go on and it can look meean! watch this space ;)

Found a Arc roll bar for a good price and decided it would match my bling wheels so had to have it. Fitted it today (kinda) need to drill out holes for the spreader plate and bolt them in but this pic gives you an idea :).

27ec91f3.jpg

378fa75f.jpg

found another blanking switch after i destroyed mine with a drill :), so made a quick new location for my lazy eye switch to sit

b3aff8a5.jpg

thats all for now :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Sourced a TopSpeed exhaust for free :( , well it cost me a full tank of fuel and a road trip to Bristol to meet up with mx5 forum member Dave Mitchall and his supercharged mx5 but was good to give the old girl a good running

Expecting Bristolians to all sounds like farmers i was slightly disappointed when i found they didnt lol! Swapped exhausts, had a spin in Daves supercharged MX5 (which was awesome!) then set off on my way again. exhaust sounds eeeeepic! not to Ott but defiantly a bit of an animal. :(

Next up is to order a silenced decat from mx5parts when they come back in stock next week, that should calm some of the low down rasp thats being created with my current decat.

(exhaust in question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trs27UNPpSc)

Decided to foamectomy my drivers seat yesterday, so back padding came out although i'm undecided on the lower seat padding as i'm only 5ft 8 and dont really need to sit any lower . Feels so much more supportive though! a real improvement for sure

Received my Stock fuel regulator from mx5 forum scrap guru Junkyarddog, so quickly fitted that this morning to see if it would eradicate some annoying whine my FSE regulator was making, Concultion.... problem sorted!! :) .

i'l pop up some pictures when I'm feeling motivated enough to find my camera

cool stuff mate :) im looking at exhausts but i think im guna get a custom made one , just like my starlets with some angle on it!

quick question...

the raceland coilovers you have are they? are they stiff ? i think i will have to be getting some if they step up to the mark :(

cheers josh

considering how cheap you can pick up a used exhaust a custom will cost a bomb, but if you want something really specific in look and sound then maybe a custom is your best bet.

I love the racelands... most comfortable coilovers i have had to date. softer then BC's... and they go soft lol. only downside is there not damp adjustable, although you could pre load the springs a bit if you wanted it stiffer.

I would defiantly pick either the racelands or Rockkor's for a daily drive that you want low :) (same make different name)

sorted then dude :p. just make sure it has a silencer mid section as these engines rasp like a mofo with a straight through exhaust! :thumbsup:

Can sound amazing! but i'm getting a bit old to draw that much attention to myself lol, hence trying to source a silenced decat to help noise levels.

• 1 month later...

Right time for a much needed update!:

Roof is fiiiiinaly painted black, also got the chance to fit my G wing roof spoiler :)

Think the stance is allmost perfect just need to get the back lower but currently my exhaust needs adjusting as it scrapes on everything haha.

Fitted my offset number plate bracket and pressed plate, resprayed my grill matt black while i was at it.

snapped my electic window cable so decided to buy a whole new door and use the complete electric mechanism from that and while i was there i stole the window as mine was scratched then decided to nab the door handle as the chrome plating was coming of mine... so basicaly took everything but the skin from another door :)

Pictures:

DSC_5963edit.jpg

DSC_5968copy.jpg

DSC_5982copy.jpg

DSC_6003.jpg

DSC_6009.jpg

DSC_6012.jpg

DSC_6013.jpg

DSC_6008.jpg

DSC_6001.jpg