• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one bud, I love this little car!

Cheers Dan means a lot

IS that a standard td04 or you had a fiddle? either way, cracking result for only 1bar :)

Yep completey standard TD04 mate just freshly rebuilt by myself :) cheers mate

• 3 weeks later...

Just realised this is my old car!!

Saw a video of it on YouTube just and the number plate matches (I won't post it on here though for your own discretion)

I didn't put those stickers on however, it was 100% standard when I sold it..

Liam, can you remember who you bought it off? I remember the lad coming with his dad and saying it was his first car!

Just realised this is my old car!!

Saw a video of it on YouTube just and the number plate matches (I won't post it on here though for your own discretion)

I didn't put those stickers on however, it was 100% standard when I sold it..

Liam, can you remember who you bought it off? I remember the lad coming with his dad and saying it was his first car!

Haha no way! Yeah it was 100% standard when I bought it bar a few choice stickers which were quickly removed!

I bought it off a lad called Dave Hodgetts from Worcester, think he sold it because he couldn't afford the insurance.

Was just speaking to Idrees how amazing your car looks mate. Suits the 96 spec front bumper so well! Not a fan of 96 spec bumpers but your car suits it really well

Cheers mate comments like that mean a lot! I prefer 96 specs. However I hate them when they are tatty I spent £100s getting it perfect and even now it's not 100%

Haha no way! Yeah it was 100% standard when I bought it bar a few choice stickers which were quickly removed!

I bought it off a lad called Dave Hodgetts from Worcester, think he sold it because he couldn't afford the insurance.

Sounds about right! I couldn't afford it at 21, he was younger than me IIRC.

At least it ended up in good hands though, chuffed with what you've done with it, I was gutted when I had to sell her.

Hopefully I'll get to see it at some point next year eh?

Oh, and I spent bloody ages cleaning it in the month or 2 I owned it lol.. clay bar, machine polish, engine bay etc, and that was over Christmas haha, I'm a bit OCD with it, the one I've just bought is just as clean :D

Sounds about right! I couldn't afford it at 21, he was younger than me IIRC.

At least it ended up in good hands though, chuffed with what you've done with it, I was gutted when I had to sell her.

Hopefully I'll get to see it at some point next year eh?

Oh, and I spent bloody ages cleaning it in the month or 2 I owned it lol.. clay bar, machine polish, engine bay etc, and that was over Christmas haha, I'm a bit OCD with it, the one I've just bought is just as clean :D

He was about 18 I think, yeah he was worried I would ruin it but he once told me to stop uploading pictures of it as he wanted it back on Facebook :lol: hopefully mate if you'll be at any of the shows, it might not be in my hands for much longer though.

awesome result at 1bar mate.. :)

Cheers mate :) your turbo kit played a massive part in that ;)

How's life with the TD04 Liam :)

John

Pretty good mate, getting bored of it already though haha

Cant believe your bored of TD04 Already... Lol actually i can, the craving never stops for more power!

I'm not bored, it's hard to explain when I get chance to use it properly it's awesome but Nottingham is that shit for traffic that I hardly ever get to boost and then when I do I just doesn't feel like it did when I first got it mapped haha

Forge it and TD05 time if your bored then ha

Will never have the budget to go forged as much as I would like too

Cough. Billet wheel. 1.2bar. Cough.

If I do anything else it'll be building a hybrid at work ;)

U love the glance mate and u know it but I do know what other cars your tempted by and they are very very tempting to say the least

I do love it mate just getting to that point I think that I've had it a while! Narrowed it down to two cars now I think :),

Save up and build it yourself slowly!? There only expensive if you have to pay for it in one go :)

Possibly mate, saving for a house aswell though so I doubt ill be able to do it anytime within the new year haha

• 2 months later...

Not updated this in a long time! Mainly due to saving up for a house deposit and saving up for a new toy/project. And also due to getting bored of the glanza. I love it to bits and it puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it but I've had starlets for a long time now and I'm getting to the stage where I can afford a much more powerful car and RWD is calling me.

Today I spent the day sorting some little issues, like painting the hubs, and regreasing the brakes. Had a few more serious issues to sort like the gearbox, and tyres. So I bought this little lot

58318F3D-4D2F-44D6-A36A-98BE138455B9_zps

Gearbox issues = sorted

Pulling/ traction issues = sorted

Smoking issue = sorted

And to top it all off, my insurance premium has been halved :) TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY!