CITY AND COLOUR - Anyone had dealings with him before?

The last thing I wanted to do is post this up and name/shame this user, but I'm sick to death of him taking the absolute p*ss. He was supposed to send my wheels back over 3 weeks ago, every few days he keeps saying they have been sent and has said the same all week. I told him I would like payment for the wheels if they are not here by Friday, absolutely no sign of them but he is making lame excuses blaming the courier and is failing to provide a tracking number.

It started before Christmas when he was selling a set of wheels for £450. I offered him cheaper wheels in exchange, worth £260 and some parts on top. He asked for a set of overfenders (£110) and a duck tail spoiler (£115) on top, which is a total of £485. He would pay postage for the parts so I accepted the deal and waited for his wheels to arrive, as we agreed he would send me his first. This was early/mid December. I waited and waited, and he was getting annoyed if I asked him what the story was. He used excuses such as breaking up with his girl friend and how his life was a mess so I waited patiently. Christmas and New Year passed by, and still absolutely nothing from him. So I contacted him again early January, and he now wanted me to send him the wheels first. I had no problem with that so I sent him the wheels straight away. Waiting to hear from him again and he still hadn't posted the Tom's out, then started saying how the wheels I sent needed a refurb, even though I showed him pictures and they were in good condition. He picked the smallest of marks on the wheels and used them as an excuse to ask for more parts his way. I wasn't willing to mess about any longer so I asked him kindly to send the wheels back, this was the first weeks of January iirc, I'll check my PM inbox to check dates.

Now since then, every week he has been saying they are sent. Then apparently he put the wrong address on them. Then his dad who works at the courier place had the wheels on 'hold' because I never refunded his postage money, which he never even asked for?! I said I'd refund it when I got my wheels back in the same condition they were sent in! So at the start of this week I was sick of this going on and told him if they're not here by Friday I simply wanted £260 for the wheels to which he replied 'Yeah fair enough'. Friday's gone, and absolutely no sign of any courier or wheels. He simply does not care as he has 'bigger things to worry about';

2e26c573.jpg

If they had to be split, why couldn't he go down sooner and split them? Why could they 'Not be sent' so you had to go and talk to them? I used dozens of couriers weekly and have done for years, and these excuses sound like a load of shit.

11479f42.jpg

The day before he said he isn't sending them til I refund the postage money? This happened more than once.

80b47ba6.jpg

He clearly states he has sent them via 'registered courier' but can't even provide the tracking number. :D

What would you do next?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iddy pm me the address 200 miles cant be that far from me ill go pick em up for you if its not too far :) people like this piss me off! makes others not want to trade with people and thats not fair on the whole comunity.

You are too trusting Iddy bro.

Next time arrange to use courier that you specify, i.e Parcelforce 48/24 and ask for the tracking immediately.

If said person you are dealing with can't even do that then they are not worth dealing with.

I'm sorry to say but all of those excuses only point to one thing, time waster and worse.

We might need to look into a blacklist for members like this, especially when it is uksc staff who have had the bad experience.

Hope you get the situ sorted buddy.

Joz

I'm sorry to say but all of those excuses only point to one thing, time waster and worse.

We might need to look into a blacklist for members like this, especially when it is uksc staff who have had the bad experience.

not trying to start a row or go off topic, but joz i dont think being a staff member makes you any more special in this sort of situation, staff and members alike deserve to be protected against bad sellers. maybe a simlar system to ebay with a sellers star rating under the location member number etc where you can click and see instant feed back scores for the seller??

not trying to start a row or go off topic, but joz i dont think being a staff member makes you any more special in this sort of situation, staff and members alike deserve to be protected against bad sellers. maybe a simlar system to ebay with a sellers star rating under the location member number etc where you can click and see instant feed back scores for the seller??

Shorty we are looking out in the best interest of the site as staff members at all times so its just good that Idrees brought this guy to our/your attention. Not meaning for staff members to be more special in any way although we do have influence on what goes on with the site but the fact this guy tried it on with Idrees totally blows him out of the water thats all i.e makes the situation pretty high profile and highlights he is capable of anything.

We have made quite an effort to ensure people are aware of bad sellers and to be honest there is not much we can do to protect you because at the end of the day it is up to the buyer to make the correct moves when going through with a transaction. We will be looking more in depth at a reliable rating system which as stated has been discussed in the staff room.

My bad if it was easily misinterpreted but I just want to make things clear. Certainly wasn't meant that way dude even though my post was edited :wub:

Joz

He's from Oxford, which I have just noticed is only 70 miles away from where I study (Birmingham). I don't want to say any more on a public website.

I sent him a text yesterday (Sunday) lunch time saying to send me the tracking number, I had to use foul language to show him my anger. I called him a few hours later and he said he was actually going to get the tracking number now, and I told him to send it asap and he said he will do. Almost 12 hours have passed by without a single word from him. He only answered because I swore, I spoke politely so much before and he never answered my calls.