Sexual Harrassment

Evening guys

Basically long story short I have had a sexual harrassment claim made against me and Im not sure what to do!

Apparently I have been accused of Inappropriately touching a colleague...when going in for a hug I supposedly went for her boobs... for starters why would i hug a colleague at a bank and secondly she is obese!

I was luckily given a heads up from my other colleagues....this person who turns out is my line manager has been asking my other colleagues to say that they saw me do it....i.e lying and i genuinely dont know why!

I have been advised to ask for time, place etc and then take her to town for Slander and defamation of character. Should I demand all the info?

I was absolutely gobsmacked and ended up having a teary moment on the phone to my gf (of 2 years) I feel victimised and my other colleagues are on my side but this crap stays with a person like luggage!

Help guys. what do i do?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get rid of your avatar for a start lol!

Imagine if they looked on here and saw that lulzzz! Not that they would though!

Erm, I dunno, just make sure you got more on your side than hers? I dont see what she's trying to prove if shes making that shit up. Can you get money for these types of claims?!

Holy shit I was expecting this to be a joke thread :)

Surely it cant be that big a deal if you didnt even do anything? :/

Get rid of your avatar for a start lol!

Imagine if they looked on here and saw that lulzzz!

LMFAO just realised that!!!! :):(:)

You say other colleagues have been approached by her asking to lie on her behalf, can they not stand up for you if it goes any further ?

there obviously good friends otherwise they wouldnt of mentioned it to your right, you could ask them all to write a small statement saying she has aproached them asking them to lie and it will all be ignored.

Its usually the chubby/obese/fat ones that do things like this as there never wanted by the oposite sex so they make shit up to make themself feel wanted/better.

Ive been at recieving end when i was 19 but i got face on when she squared up to me so i headbutt her :/ she got done for asult as she started it too !! ha

Firstly, are the police involved? or is it just an internal accusation with work?

On either of these, demand the evidence. Demand you have everything: time, date, what you were wearing at the time, Witnesses, CCTV footage.. EVERYTHING! If you have other people that will stand up for you in court or in a meeting with your manager or whatever that will say she has been demanding they lie, screw her for that before she screws you! Shit like that, if taken to court or even just arrested for it, can affect your everyday life (mentally and on paper)., Unfortunatly, if you have already been arrested and released on bail, it will show up on an Enhanced CRB check ( even if you dont actually get prosecuted :) . I do hope that is not the case..

Obviously speak to your solicitor if matters are now in the hands of the law, there is not much else any one can help with or say if we only have your side of the story ( i am NOT for one minute saying you did ok). Just without hearing both its not up to any of us to say... You must see where im coming from here.

I hope all goes well mate, and i am sorry to hear that you are going through this, i can only imagine it is a horrible time and place you are in right now..

Try and keep your chin up

Martyn

You say other colleagues have been approached by her asking to lie on her behalf, can they not stand up for you if it goes any further ?

there obviously good friends otherwise they wouldnt of mentioned it to your right, you could ask them all to write a small statement saying she has aproached them asking them to lie and it will all be ignored.

Its usually the chubby/obese/fat ones that do things like this as there never wanted by the oposite sex so they make shit up to make themself feel wanted/better.

Ive been at recieving end when i was 19 but i got face on when she squared up to me so i headbutt her :/ she got done for asult as she started it too !! ha

here here ^^^^ very true lonely women defenatly lmao :)

Its an internal Accusation and they did the fact find so no charges or anything like that.

The Girl who was asked came into the Branch managers office with me and spoke to the Area manager with me and she has passed it all along!

I get what you mean mate and I appreciate the comments.

The thing is, I have been asked to put my side of the story across but I dont have enough information about the whole affair.

They wont tell me who put the claim in, although I already know, they havent told me any times, dates or anything!

Thank god the police arent involved is all i can say.. the worst thing that can happen now is you lose your job or get moved locations. ( a bummer, but not a criminal record)

If you genuinely dont know anything about it, dont pretend you do just so it doesnt look like your saying ' no comment' to hide things, if you dont know, you dont know.. All you can do is be adamant about it and eventually she will get cross examined and found out..

Good luck mate and hope all goes well

Im not sure if this is a help, but its my 2p worth

martyn

True, I want everything so I can pull holes in it :)

Im just bricking it, I genuinely am worried because Im not that type of person :)

Really appreciate the feedback Guys... Im going in tomorrow on my day off to get ALL of these supposed details!

Defamation of Character and Slander.

Take her to the cleaners. she sounds like another fat ugly prick with a huge chip on her shoulder, sees your happy with your mrs of 2 yrs and is jealous and vindictive. i'd let them make their accusations, then lawyer up and sue.

THEY have to prove beyond any rasonable doubt that YOU committed an offence! you don't have to disprove it! thats how it works!

chin up dude!

Phil.

lure her in with a mars bar and kick the fat bitch down the stairs!

joking aside mate thats a really harsh accusation, she must be a nasty piece of work to make something like that up. Has she ever done anything like this before to anyone else? sounds to me like shes on doing this for money! either that or she just really doesnt like you.

if i was u id be off to my lawyers mate