white sr.... 4efte converted

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey im new to this forum and first one i have joined so sorry if i have posted this in wrong section. By the way i like your SR, they always look good in white. ;)

The reason why im posting is because im looking at getting a SR, it be my first car and im 20 years old, been driving my dads car for a year also have clean licence, so I'm hoping the insurance wont be to bad. Done a few quotes and and the lowest i can find is £1346, i heard that sky insurance is a good one to go to but not had a quote from them yet.

I have always liked the starlets so i be really chuffed if my first car was a SR. ^_^ I would find it helpful if someone would kindly give me any tips if the SR is a good one to go for as it be a first car, I just want a bit more info of the SR basically. hoping on getting one in June!

Thanks in advance, Sam.

update, got glanza front seats in now, getting rear bench and door cards in next few days and a new door to replace my dented one. now for the most important news.... Decided to got for a 4efte conversion, cant come to sell this car to get a faster one so why not make this one faster. so after all bits needed for the conversion, drop me a message if youve got any looms,ecu, engine and gearbox and dials....

• 2 months later...

big update! got hold of a glanza rolling shell with rear end damage for pennys, its got all running gear so a rear axle with disc brake conversion is going to take place, its got rear coilies and front tein springs, so they will get transferred, got interior and engine loom with dials and indicator stalks, this is going to be used as i am picking up a complete 4efte engine and standard exhaust with cat tomorrow :D... its a gt engine so some sensors need to be changed, not sure what ones though? also need a clutch and flywheel for the engine and going to use my box and shafts i think, jsut need people to help me out in what else i need :D i am a happy bunny!

Lol dude pm me your number please. im sticking my old forged v engine in my ep85 and need ep82 sensors lol from memory its two or maybe three that are different im happy to post you mine if you wanna post me yours ;) helps us both out then.

• 1 month later...

time for big update.

got 4efte complete engine and exhaust using my gearbox so got 4efte new clutch and had a 4efte flywheel.

also had that glanza shell with interior looms and engine loom.

got the engine on stand and did cambelt and ported some of manifold, didnt want to port it all as was worried exhaust stud would break throught and leak!

started engine conversion! n/a engine is ready to drop out, got old engine loom out and partially ran new one along lights and to fusebox and will do rest once engine is in.

now to problems! interior loom of course! dash is out, but old loom is still inplace whilst i make sense of new one! first problem was a plug that came up wing from new engine loom and in by drivers footwell, turns out it was for abs and plugged into abs ecu, which i found :) but now the more serious problems. old interior loom has airbag ecu/unit and all wiring but new loom has none of this :/ and cannot workout where boot loom and roof lining loom plugs into new loom? so think i need to use the glanza ones, which i have in the rolling shell, will probs save me time. if anyone knows anything then message me!

now for pictures :)

531333_3458170895018_1328088129_n.jpg

engine on stand and mani off. guess what car in background? :)

camblet.jpg

old cambelt off

newcambelt.jpg

new cambelt on

portingmanifold.jpg

manifold restrictor after a bit of dremelling.

stripping.jpg

stripping old engine

dash.jpg

started to strip dash.

strippingdash.jpg

stripped dash :fool:

engineloomout.jpg

engineloomout.jpg

old engine loom out

newengineloom.jpg

new engine loom partially in. check out that cheeky bracket we made aha.

airbag.jpg

airbag unit that is not present on new loom. :wacko:

enjoy and help people!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

All interior is back together with looms in etc. managed to get indicator stalks on by cutting bracket off the glanza column and welding it on to mine. Rear looms and roof loom were spliced into dash loom. And electric mirrors fitted. So interior is done and it all works. Engine is now out. Gearbox is off and fittting clutch tomorrow after hunting down a clutch allignment tool then engine in! Really need to make my mind up and figure out what to do with intercooler as my bonnet wont shut with the top mount and dont wanna cut my bumper up too much for a front mount.

Quick update. Will get pics on soon!

Engine is now in!!!! Lining clutch up was a pain but got it done!. Also may have sprayed engine bay a nice colour :p. Just got to put exhaust and a few hoses and radiator and a few plugs to plug in. Then when new ht leads arrive i can try and start the thing. Pics shall follow shortly.